Author Topic: Kimberly Proctor - Missing- March 18/10 Colwood/Langford  (Read 31253 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Kimberly Proctor - Missing- March 18/10 Colwood/Langford
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
I feel the police will definitely get the person or persons who murdered Kimberly. There is some really sick individuals who committed this crime. Anyone who knows who did this to Kimberly, should come forward. When young people should be having a good time and going to proms and movies, they are committing very violent crimes. Something has to be done to warn teenagers of the violence that awaits, if they put too much personal information about themselves on line. My sympathy goes out to Kimberly's parents and her friends and extended family members. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »
By CBC News, cbc.ca, Updated: May 27, 2010 1:27 PM
Victoria teen homicide probe yields suspects

Police in Victoria say they have identified suspects in the death of Kimberly Proctor, and are calling on those who know the suspects to help solve the crime.

The burned body of the Langford teenager was found in a wooded area near the Galloping Goose Trail west of Victoria on March 19, about a day after she was last seen getting off a public bus.

On Thursday morning police announced they have identified suspects they believe are responsible for Kimberly's death. But they did not release the names of the suspects or the number of people involved.

Investigators also executed a search warrant at a residence located in the 3200 block of Happy Valley Road, in Langford, B.C., shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday, they said.

Based on their knowledge of the suspects, investigators said they are confident that Kimberly's homicide was not a random crime.

The investigators are calling on the public to step forward with additional information to advance the investigation.

"Our team believes there are individuals in the community who know our suspects, and know what happened to Kimberly. They know who they are, and now is the time to support our team, and help solve Kimberly's brutal murder," said Cpl. Darren Lagan, the spokesman for the investigative team.

The police said they remain in frequent contact with Kimberly's parents, sharing what information they can. Kimberly's parents remain supportive of the investigation, and continue their request for privacy, said police.

"We are sharing this limited information on our progress in identifying suspects, in hopes of providing the community with some answers to the many questions and fears they have surrounding Kimberly's murder," said Lagan.
http://news.ca.msn.com/local/britishcolumbia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24385897

freespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »
two male teens arrest, 16 and 18 years of age, they are saying it was a premeditated murder.
sad.

http://www.timescolonist.com/Langford+teens+arrested+murder+Langford+teen+Kimberly+Proctor/3176593/story.html

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »

I am posting Kimberly's picture here so we can remember what this beautiful young lady looked like.

Sleuth

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 08:24:07 PM »
RIP Kimberley; Never to be forgotten.

Sat Jun 19, 11:31 AM

VANCOUVER (CBC) - Police say two teenagers have been arrested in the death of a Victoria teen whose badly burned body was found on a hiking trail in March.
ADVERTISEMENT

Kimberly Proctor, 18, was found dead March 19 near the Galloping Goose Trail in suburban Langford, on Vancouver Island.

Two male teenagers from Langford were arrested Friday afternoon, police said. One is 16 and the other 18, although the latter suspect was only 17 when Proctor was found.

"In the three months since the discovery of Kimberly's burned body near the Galloping Goose Trail, a team of committed and focused officers have put in over 20,000 investigational hours, been assigned over 6,000 tasks for follow up and conducted over 250 formal interviews," said Cpl. Darren Lagan, the spokesperson for the Vancouver Island RCMP.

"Those efforts guided investigators to discover evidence leading to the identification and arrest of these two suspects, both of whom remain in our custody."

Police asked anyone with information who has not yet spoken to them to call the Westshore RCMP at 250-474-2264.

In a video statement posted on the RCMP's website, Proctor's parents say she will be missed.

"This has left a huge void in our lives. We'll never know what she could have become or would have been, or what future we would have had with her," said her father, Fred Proctor.

"She was looking forward to graduating and growing up, so to speak, and she was looking forward to making her prom dress with her grandma."

He described his daughter as "a great kid with a big heart."

She was "gentle to a fault, always the peacemaker and the problem-solver amongst her friends," he said. "Words cannot describe what we've been going through."

Fred Proctor extended thanks to friends, family and the community for their support through such a difficult time. He asked the media to respect the family's privacy as they continue to grieve.

Kimberly's mother, Lucia Proctor, sits beside her husband in the video, saying little.

"All we can hope for now is for justice to be done for Kimberly," she said.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/100619/canada/canada_britishcolumbia_bc_kimberly_proctor_death_arrests

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 08:36:02 PM »
20,000 hours and 6,000 tasks. So much effort. For that, we say thank you. That is quite a commitment. Dedication is impressive. And, the family is so gracious in their grief thanking others. I sincerely hope the healing can begin for this family. And, peace from Kimberly. I hope we ca learn why teens thought this was an option. How we can keep others from thinking the same way.

freespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »
i am so, so sadden by this
my daughters went to  school with kim and the perpetrators
it is horrifying to know that these two BOYS planned this...
i feel sad for their parents
i feel sad for kim's parents
i feel  truly deeply affected by this crime

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 06:17:27 PM »
The two teens plead guilty, Crown Prosecutor Peter Juk read the agreed statement of facts. But the two suspects will not appear in court until March 28. Does anyone know why so long?  Kimberly's body was found on March 19. It will nearly be one year, even though the teens were arrested nearly three months after the body was found.

Are they waiting for them to turn adult age so that if they are given adult sentences it will seem more pulpable?  Is there something within the law that I'm not getting?

Also, this is the first time fI heard that they had lured her into one of their homes, sexually assaulted her, then killed her, took her body to the park and then tried to burn the body.  Where do 17 and 18-year-olds learn this? How in the world are we growing kids that just because they want to have sex they take it, kill, and perform indignities to the body?  WTH is going on.

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/canada/two_teens_plead_guilty_to_bc_girls_murder/466774ec

freespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 11:06:46 AM »
i live in this city....
my daughters went to school with KIM
i am sickened........

my girls went to school with these boys.........
my oldest daughter had talked with KIM when KIM reached out to her in confusion about why she kept attracting "PSYCHOS"........

what makes me really angry/sad is that OTHER kids KNEW these boys had committed this heinous crime......and they said nothing?

the Courts are pretty backed up here.....
they can sentence the boys as adults regardless of their age.......if the Court decides to accept the Crowns submission that the boys be charged as adults

one piece of information that was incorrect is that the 18 year old was reported as NOT having an active facebook account, which is untrue, he did have a facebook account and many people were posting on it protesting his innocence.......

FS

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »
freespirit, you have every right to be sickened by what happened to Kimberly. Everyone should be. The day boys lure girls to their homes for sexual gratification, then feel they have to kill them, and burn them, is a very sad day in the world today. A huge sign that some moral fiber has broken down and must be addressed. I sure hope the community is banning together to get the message out to other teens that this is not to be tolerated. And, to try to figure out why teens within the community thought of doing this in the first place. It sounds like they should also be trying to figure out why the community did not come forward if they knew who had committed the crimes and take care of that problem as well.

I'm glad your daughter is safe. Absolutely no family should experience such a tragedy within their own home or within their community.

SAP

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 01:10:29 PM »
RIP sweet Kimberly. My heart and thoughts for the family. This is just very depressing and disturbing.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:52 PM »