Author Topic: Kimberly Proctor - Missing- March 18/10 Colwood/Langford  (Read 30497 times)

victorian

• View Profile
Kimberly Proctor - Missing- March 18/10 Colwood/Langford
« on: March 22, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
There is nothing I can find in regular media outlets.
There is a facegroup set up to help find her.
This is the missing poster available on the group.

What is unnerving about this missing girl is a young woman's body
was found torched on the next evening after Kimberly was reported missing.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/RCMP+seek+public+help+solving+brutal+homicide+young+woman/2709462/story.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:54:03 PM by chet »

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Kimberly Preston- Missing- March 18/10 Colwood/Langford
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:41:12 PM »
This is a tragic situation. I mean they should be cleaning up that park, it is not going to get any better. The more you let the youth take over these places, the worse it will get. When they can't get away with it, they will move on. And if these people think they are safe and are going to go about their lives the same way, well maybe that is not such a good idea, because you could be the next victim. If they need money for drugs or to party, they will do it. They will go into your own home when you are sleeping, car in the yard or not. So if Kimberly is missing, is this who they feel this charred remains is. As the person has not been identified as yet. ??? ??? ??? ???

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Kimberly Proctor - Missing- March 18/10 Colwood/Langford
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 06:54:03 PM »
That is very sad news..Did the police rule out any link with the male body found, due to time of deaths?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:55:02 PM by chet »

Realist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:49:57 PM »
It's Kimberly Proctor, not Preston.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:55:14 PM by chet »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:48:08 AM »
The police have warned people not to walk alone on that walking trail. Kimberly's father indicated that she would never stay away from home. And if that is Kimberly, this is a horrific crime against her. Usually the body would be burned because of very telling forensic evidence on the body. I believe there is some thread that indicates an MO such as this, women being murdered and their bodies being burned. I do not know if it is on this site or not, but I have previously seen something on that. Hoping they find who did this horrible crime. I pray for the family of whoever this young woman is that was murdered. :'( :'( :'( :'(

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:46 AM »
Sad news to report

West Shore - Homicide Victim Identified
File # 2010-3597 2010-03-23 07:50 PDT

Late last evening, the BC Coroners Service confirmed the identity of the homicide victim, who's remains were found last Friday evening, off the Galloping Goose Trail near Atkins Road, and Wale Road.

Kimberly Proctor, 18 years of age, from Langford, BC, has been identified. Late last night, officers and Victim Service staff with the Westshore RCMP Detachment notified Kimberly's family. We extend our deepest sympathies to Kimberly's family and friends.

The family has requested that the media respect their privacy at this time.

Investigators worked through the night, and will continue to do so, in an effort to identify the person, or persons responsible for Kimberly's death. Investigators anticipate releasing further information publicly, later today, in support of their investigation.

If you have any information, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, police urge you to call the Westshore Detachment at 250-474-2264, or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

T

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »

Thanks for posting that update solvy. I was hoping that this would not be the outcome in Kimberly's disappearance. Even then we would have had another family that had lost a family member. Very sad outcome for all concerned.

Realist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 01:00:35 PM »
I had a sick feeling that was the case.  It was far too coincidental that a body turned up so closely the following day.  The RCMP's press release yesterday was fairly telling as well.  Her facebook page mentioned a "psycho" she was involved with around a month ago that she only knew online and that she broke up with because he had anger control issues: prime suspect #1.

victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »
That is very sad news..Did the police rule out any link with the male body found, due to time of deaths?
Yes they did. Not sure how but they seemed very certain.

This so very sad.  :'(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »
Realist, I'm glad they have a suspect in this case. It is so sad that Kimberly was not safe from this person. But most young women do not realize the dangers of angry jealous men. I would be willing to bet at this time that Kimberly agreed to meet him to talk over his anger issues and he had all these plans on what he would do to her. Once and individual separates herself or himself from persons they are afraid of, stay away and do not plan at any time on being alone with that person. But it just seems that the younger a person is, the more trusting they are and feel that the anger issues will change. But in most cases those anger issues do not change, it is a form of control over someone else. I send my prayers to the family and friends of Kimberly. And I do hope that justice will be done in this case and that it won't take a longer period of time to get this case before the courts.  :'( :'( :'( ??? ??? ???

Realist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »
Realist, I'm glad they have a suspect in this case. It is so sad that Kimberly was not safe from this person. But most young women do not realize the dangers of angry jealous men. I would be willing to bet at this time that Kimberly agreed to meet him to talk over his anger issues and he had all these plans on what he would do to her. Once and individual separates herself or himself from persons they are afraid of, stay away and do not plan at any time on being alone with that person. But it just seems that the younger a person is, the more trusting they are and feel that the anger issues will change. But in most cases those anger issues do not change, it is a form of control over someone else. I send my prayers to the family and friends of Kimberly. And I do hope that justice will be done in this case and that it won't take a longer period of time to get this case before the courts.  :'( :'( :'( ??? ??? ???
I should make it patently clear that I have no idea if the police have a suspect in mind and their public statements have said the opposite.  That was just a musing of mine that seems to be supported now by comments from friends and family of the victim.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
I had a sick feeling that was the case.  It was far too coincidental that a body turned up so closely the following day.  The RCMP's press release yesterday was fairly telling as well.  Her facebook page mentioned a "psycho" she was involved with around a month ago that she only knew online and that she broke up with because he had anger control issues: prime suspect #1.

This is what I was reading and I took it that is what was meant. that she had been involved witih someone with anger management and so I would say it is not Capeheart that has it wrong, but Realist. Sorry, but I am reading the quote as it was.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »
Wed Mar 24, 2:49 PM

By The Canadian Press

VICTORIA, B.C. - RCMP say slain Victoria-area teen Kimberly Proctor missed a babysitting job last Thursday, prompting frantic calls to police from her parents who were concerned about her safety.

Cpl. Darren Lagan says Proctor's mother called the Westshore RCMP, saying it wasn't like her daughter to miss appointments such as babysitting.

Eighteen-year-old Proctor was last seen getting off a transit bus in suburban Langford last Thursday morning.

The popular Grade 12 student's badly burned body was discovered Friday along the popular community Galloping Goose Trail.

Neighbours reported hearing screams and detecting an odour near the area where her body was found.

Lagan says more than 40 officers are investigating Proctor's death, examining her school life, talking with friends and tracking down any recent new acquaintances after reports she may have started a new relationship with a man

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 10:08:22 AM »
B.C. teen killed in targeted slaying: RCMP
Canwest News Service 
Published: Thursday, May 27, 2010

LANGFORD, B.C. -- The brutal murder of a 18-year-old woman from the Victoria suburb of Langford was a targeted killing, Westshore RCMP said on Thursday.

Kimberly Proctor's charred body was found near the Galloping Goose Trail on March 19, less than 36 hours after she was last seen at a bus interchange.

Cpl. Darren Lagan said police have identified multiple suspects in the slaying, but no arrests had been made.

"There is a large difference between being a suspect and being arrestable and being able to prosecute somebody in the courts," he said at a morning news conference. "We are still at that in-between phase."

On Wednesday night, investigators searched a Langford residence, RCMP said in a news release.

The grisly discovery of the teen's body so close to the popular walking and cycling trail raised safety concerns in the community.

"To this end, investigators are taking the unusual step of informing the public that they have identified suspects they believe are responsible for Kimberly's murder," Cpl. Lagan said in a the news release.

"Based on their knowledge of the suspects, investigators are confident that Kimberly's murder was not a random crime."

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=3078914#ixzz0pF07DlDO

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
This is such a tragedy for the family, a young woman like Kimberly being murdered in her own community. Victoria is such a beautiful place to live and I know most of the areas and am just so shocked that this could happen in such a beautiful place. What is wrong with someone that they would want to hurt someone so young. This is outrageous and something has to be done to open the eyes of the young people today. Violence is not the answer and I hope the people who committed this crime are convicted and given the maximum penalty in Canada.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???