Author Topic: Gregory David Wry - Missing - February 21, 2010  (Read 25612 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Gregory David Wry - Missing - February 21, 2010
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 05:38:58 AM »
They now have a Crime Stoppers video on him posted on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_y7qmwB_5M

There appears to be a reward being offered:

www.crimenb.ca/tips or directly at www.crimetip.ca
TEXT: TIP212 plus your message to CRIMES (274637)

http://www.crimenb.ca/news/60/96/Woodstock-Police-investigating-disappearance-of-Gregory-David-Wry-of-Woodstock-N-B/

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 08:56:44 AM »
Hello All,

Just wanted to take a moment and add a few responses to questions I saw from above.

Did the family have a camp site, which they owned.?  The shoes were found around the car area, surely then, they must belong to him.

If my memory on this file serves me correctly, yes the family did have a camp site, or a camp of a friend that they frequented. It was searched extensively to my knowledge by RCMP PDS and GSAR personell.

Thank you for the update on him. Could they not check the DNA from the inside of these shoes?  Or would that be taking up too many resources?
JB, I dont think that resources in this case came into play, my understanding of the circumstances were that due to the spring thaw which was occuring and the length of time that the shoes were out in the wooded area it would be difficult to gather a sample for DNA testing. Now I have no experience with DNA testing myself but for the shoes I would presume the only source would be caused by the bodies persperation? Thinking of the thaw/rain etc I would think that it would be so diluted that they may not have been able to gather enough of a sample if they tried?

This search actually pulled teams from across the Province and I was out to assist on this one. The police along with our Search Managers have gone over many theories in regards to the status of Greg still being missing. 

The family was unable to confirm 100% that they were Greg's shoes but if I remember correctly they noted he had shoes like them. I dont think that many people could say with 100% certainty that a pair of shoes belonged to their loved one, I know I could say whether I thought they might be my sisters shoes if I were in the same situation but I wouldnt be sure.

I simply say this because it was my understanding that Greg was usually in contact with his family and I noticed above that someone said he wasnt or that they thought he wasnt. Just wanted to put what my memory serves to me on this one, I do not know that for a fact.

I will also note that there is a Facebook Group for Greg and some locals are discussing going out to the area where Greg's car and "The shoes" were located. I think this is a great idea and wish them all the power. Hopefully they turn up a clue that the police and GSAR members didnt find.

For those that are wondering the footwear were located be an RCMP PDS member, his K-9 Partner and a GSAR Member. I cant give any other details on that though as until Greg is home with his family/returned to his family this could all end in court if there ever was found to be foul play.

Hope my comments make sense.

-GSAR_Mbr

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 09:38:25 AM »

Crime Stoppers, cops seek information about missing man
Published Wednesday May 18th, 2011

Crime Stoppers in New Brunswick and the Woodstock Police Force are looking for information concerning the disappearance of Gregory David Wry of Woodstock.

Wry has been missing since Feb. 21, 2010. He left his home around 1 p.m. on Feb. 21 and spent the night at the Howard Johnson Plaza hotel in Fredericton. He hasn't been heard from since.

His car, a sandy brown, four-door 2005 Chevrolet Malibu was located abandoned on Allendale Road, 32 kilometres east of Woodstock.

All attempts to locate Wry have failed. He's 30 years old is 5'8" and is slightly built at 140 pounds. He was last seen wearing a ball cap, a jacket with leather sleeves and brown cloth patches, jeans and sneakers.

If you can any information about Wry, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or visit at www.crimenb.ca Any information leading to his whereabouts could qualify for a $2,000 cash award. The Crime Stoppers Crime of the Week video can be viewed on YouTube.

http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/cityregion/article/1407442

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 01:53:23 PM »
Thank you GSR - The term "family camp" confused me - and thank you for your clarification. I did not know if the term meant family camp (as in family unit) or family camp (a place where the family would go). - I am not from that area, and so terminology (which might be local) made me wonder. And all of your comments make sense. 

There might be some type of foul play here? ( Just a question, of which I do not expect you to answer) - or am wondering if perhaps he was upset about the argument he had with his past  employer (which may have caused him great  distress) , thus  he attempted to walk to his family camp for solace and reflection?
For what it is worth, I feel the latter.  Searches can be off by a few feet, even cadaver dogs can be confused afer a period  of time. NO? YES?  GSR, please correct my way of thinking.

Thanks again

PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:50:04 PM by jellybean »

amIam

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
And to this very day still no sign of Greg Wry.  Why is that?

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »
JB Sorry for the 4 month delay in response I hadnt received a notification of your question!

Thank you GSR - The term "family camp" confused me - and thank you for your clarification. I did not know if the term meant family camp (as in family unit) or family camp (a place where the family would go). - I am not from that area, and so terminology (which might be local) made me wonder. And all of your comments make sense. 

There might be some type of foul play here? ( Just a question, of which I do not expect you to answer)
Could there be foul play, at any stage in a Ground Search & Rescue Operation we assume that it could be a criminal incident and it is treated as such until proven otherwise. In this case to this day it is my understanding that all options are still open.

- or am wondering if perhaps he was upset about the argument he had with his past  employer (which may have caused him great 
distress) , thus  he attempted to walk to his family camp for solace and reflection?
Hmmm. This is a possibility however I can only say what I last heard didnt made that sound extremely likely. Again limited on comments here I know you understand.

For what it is worth, I feel the latter.  Searches can be off by a few feet, even cadaver dogs can be confused afer a period  of time. NO? YES?  GSR, please correct my way of thinking.

As far as the searching I will again note that I was out on this one for a day and our critical separation was perfect, as well as the areas while wooded were not thickets. (see Critical Sep. Note below) Our coverage for my team leaves little likely hood of him being passed by BUT as always anything is possible.

For this event we did not have Cadaver Dogs out, we had tracking dogs which are trained to follow human scent and detect human scent be it on articles of clothing or a person themselves. I will correct my note... we did have a dog there who is training for cadaver searches. She is good since she did hit where a team of 4 dogs and handlers have located a likely area for another set of remains in another part of NB. (Sorry dont ask I cant tell) Long story short though Seeing how these dogs did so well I can say with great trust that a cadaver dog is very effective 3 years later. While talking to the lead handler she advised me that they had actually just hit on what is presumed to be a 100yr old burial site. The dogs indicated an area and ground penetrating radar has shown there is indeed soil disruption. So as per cadaver dogs they can be very effective.

Thanks again

PEACE
JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 05:07:46 PM »
We know that if any crime was committed, it certainly wasn't car theft. - which can often be the case. Surely the police have done background checks on the victim, and made a list of who he knew, who he worked with etc.  Why would strangers wish to kill Greg, if not for his car?

Possibly his passport, but even then it has not been established to us on this site, if he received his passport, of if he had just applied for a passport.

We all know how valuable a passport can be to criminal elements, and Greg was naive in many ways \(my own conclusion after reading a few articles posted on here) So he may have been set up for the theft of it.

However, if that was the case the theft and murder would have occurred, to my way of thinking,  well before it had taken Greg to drive his car to the place where it was found abandoned.

The mystery continues, but in the end, the answer is out there, and it is probably a very simple one, and may even be staring us in the face.

JB

HeavyM420

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
Greg Wry has been missing since February 21, 2010. He was last seen at the Howard Johnson in Fredericton. His Car was found 3 days later just west of Nackawic but there was no Track found since 3 to 5 inches.  His family is still hoping he is still alive. If anybody help call the Woodstock Police Dept or Crime Stoppers.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 08:20:57 PM »
What do you mean " no track found since 3 to 5 inches".  Kindly clarify for us. Do you mean there was a track 3 to 5 inches from his car that belonged to him?

JB

HeavyM420

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »
I knew Greg for years. We use to drink and play 45s with Greg 10 years ago and about A week or 2 before he disappeared we played Poker together at a local card came.  I am still shocked that he is good and I can't believe he went missing.  All I want is get news of what happen to him so that Dave can get some closure in this!!!!!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 12:29:06 PM »
HeavyM420, glad to see someone on here that knew Greg. I am astounded as I've said before, at how many people go missing in N.B., without a trace. So Greg went to a hotel to stay, maybe he wanted a night out, a few drinks and some R&R. If he was going to do himself in, this would be a weird way of doing it.  Parking his car in an isolated area and just walking away, doesn't seem logical. It would be interesting to know how his evening at that hotel went. Was his car out of gas or did it break down (don't remember seeing that in earlier posts)? Not finding him, possibly his shoes, sounds like hypothermia. But how far away were the shoes found??? Could he have drowned, was there a large body of water in the area??? You mentioned a camp, so was there a camp in that area that the family used to go to??? If so, it could very easily have been that he got lost and may never be found for years.  I remember a case in my home town years ago of a man that went missing, while he went hunting. I was only small then, but everyone in town thought he left his wife ( she was a cranky old bat), but that is what they said. Thirty years later they found his body leaning up against a tree with the gun alongside of him. He died of heart failure, no suicide, natural causes. So that is how things can happen. I send my prayers to the family of Gregory, hoping they find out what has happened to their loved one. :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 12:18:11 PM »
6 years later, and no further appeals in the missing person case of Gregory David Wry.

Not a word from police - as to what they believe may have happened to him.

Question:  Was David known to gamble often? He did play
 poker according to a friend.

jb
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:00:20 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 04:38:39 PM »
It appears that his father passed away this year.  His son is still missing.

http://www.carletonfuneralhome.ca/obituaries/107940www.carletonfuneralhome.ca