Author Topic: Sharin' Morningstar Keenan | Murdered (Jan 23, 1983)  (Read 43774 times)

Miss R

• View Profile
Re: Sharin' Morningstar Keenan | Murdered (Jan 23, 1983)
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »

amIam

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
Miss R, thanks for this information.  I have not yet obtained a copy of said book but from
description of this individual..why has this not been persued further??

Shine A Light

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 10:01:48 PM »
I remember this terrible tragedy vividly.  I was the same age as Sharin' and remember feeling very angry & upset that someone could do something so horrible to someone my own age.  It's strange, I never knew Sharin' but felt very close to her and still do to this day.  Her death marked the end of my innocence.  I remember the night she was found I was walking our dog in the early evening.  It was a cool & foggy evening and normally I'd be out 15-20 minutes walking around the block.  But on this night, I suddenly found myself rushing home and feeling very afraid. It wasn't until then that I realized that we live in a very dangerous world.

I'm not sure why I recently started thinking about her but I know in my heart that Sharin' has never left my thoughts.  Reading through the posts about how the police bungled the investigation, how the neighbour saw Sharin' with her killer and didn't do or say anything to the snivelling little weasel who lived above the bastard who killed her and in my mind knew what had happened and yet he to did nothing. All these feelings & emotions were how I felt 27 years ago.  It's sad thinking how Sharin's death could have been prevented.  It's hard trying not to remember what happened to her nor hearing my parents say "look what happened to that little girl" whenever I wanted to go outside or to a friend's house.  I feel its my duty to remember Sharin' as the bright, gifted little girl she was.  She was apart of my age group and somehow I feel obligated to keep her in my memories.  However, seeing the documentary footage of her school work and seeing the date January 21, 1983, two days before she was murdered, really got to me. I wrote in those same exact text books, I had that same love for life & art and music as she did but shes not here to share her gift.  I have tremendous admiration for her mother for being able to share those memories. 

God bless you Sharin' you will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 03:57:08 AM »
I was about teh same age too, but living in Houston then, did not get Canadian news. BUt I remember the Atlanta child serial killings had the same affect on me. I suddently felt it can happen to me if it can happen to them. THe world was never the same.

Hope this can be solved, it must be hard on the family knowing the killer could and should have been put away quickly on this.

todd

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 03:18:11 PM »
Cockroaches like DMH can adapt to any enviroment and blend in with the scenery. He was/is apparently a jack of all trades so he could work in a small redneck town doing odd jobs for cash. It wouldn't surprise me if has been in his home town Province of Saskachewan working North somewhere. With all of the advanced technology surrounding DNA, do the Police have any DNA samples they are able use? I have watched Cold Case Files episodes where new science and technology can now extract a profile from deteriorated DNA. There must something the Police found at the crime scene. Cigarette butts, hair samples. Sharin was sexually assaulted, their must be semen stains on her clothing. Would it help exhuming her body for testing? The dollar bill that Sharin had in her pocket, was it ever swabbed for fingerprints? I think those that feel DMH was a smart guy are giving this animal a bit too much credit. I believe he was given a 10 day headstart before Police caught on that he was the guy they were fingering. With the alleged help from his brother, any career convict knows to get out of Dodge asap once a crime such as this has taken place. Yes, he is street smart, but he also was given a window to escape! This time of year is when I think about Sharin's murder. Her family has splintered off and read somewhere that the husband is down and out in Vancouver. Very tragic indeed

todd

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 01:58:32 PM »
I received an email from someone that I don't know and directed me to go to the web site of The Toronto Star and search out the name "Scotty". When I did this, "Scotty" was a story of an 80 year old man who died in the Toronto area. To his close friends at the neighbourhood bar he spun stories that he was a decorated soldier of WW2 and other colorful stories. When he died, his original birth date is 1940. His friends tried to verify that he was indeed a war vetern, but nothing surfaced. Wierd. Is this Dennis Melvyn Howe??? Check the story out yourself.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »

bigsunset1967

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 09:33:06 AM »
Does Anyone know if any more research was done on this "Scotty" person ?  They say his real name was  Robert Roy Murray. 

Death of Danforth neighbourhood legend leads to questions about life stories he loved to share

bigsunset1967

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
It seems that this Robert Roy Murray may have been living a lie as to whom he was.  Why ?  Was he hiding from something and pretending to be someone he wasn't.    I would be interested to know more about him. How long did he live in the neighborhood.   I compared both photos and there could be a resemblance.  But not sure if it is Dennis Melvin Howe.   I just more curious to find out more about his backround.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »
You raise many questions and I hope someone who knows the case well will come on here and answer them for you. I do think a corpse could become icy, especially in the fridge and I don't doubt the man who saw Sharin walking with Howe from the park. He seemed sincere enough in his report of the sighting. But otherwise you raise some points worth further thought. On a week when people are kind of "celebrating" the conviction of the murderer of one Ontario girl Torri Stafford, it is worth remembering another Ontario girl who went before her whose family never got justice.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »
Sharin's body was found in Howe's apartment and he fled never to be seen again. It doesn't get more obvious than that who the killer is. Not such a common thing for a killer to leave their victim in the killer's own apartment but coincidentally such a story is in the news this very week with Luka Magnotta having done just that in Montreal. It allows the crime to be solved but then it's a question of finding the known killer. I think the police will catch Magnotta eventually due to the power of the internet. Too bad Howe managed to go underground.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:53 PM »
I think they did talk to Howe's family at times but the brother covered up for him and was known to be making visits to the States, possibly to visit Howe. Eventually the brother had to discontinue these visits as the police had an eye on him.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »
just letting you know this is not websleuth but rather unsolved.ca. 

Ridd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 12:02:05 AM »
There is an inmate at Kingston Pen with the name Dennis Howe who is roughly the same age and description as this man