Author Topic: Romeo Jacques Cormier  (Read 132022 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Romeo Jacques Cormier
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:33 PM »
 A 54 year old woman from Moncton is missing. Donna is employed at H&R Block. She had left her job and was leaving to go to her car. She was weareing a brown suede jacket and blue jeans. She left the Highfield Square Mall on Friday at 8:00 p.m.. The last sighting of Donna was walking through the parking lot towards her car. The police now have her car in their possession. There has been a great deal of searching in the surrounding area for Donna. There was a helicopter search also, as noted on the evening news here. Donna's family said that this is out of character for her not to notify her family. And if Donna is out there, the police are asking her to contact her family. Her photo was on TV, but I don't know how to download that to here. I hope that Donna returns home safe and sound.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:28:02 PM by capeheart »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Romeo Jacques Cormier
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:57:27 PM »
I just saw that too cape; I hope and pray she's alive somewhere.  Seems there's no reason, whatsoever, to believe she just took off somewhere.  Guess we'll get a pic soon.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:07:14 PM »
Thanks, Lost. It was a bad weekend in Moncton weatherwise, so I hope she is somewhere safe and sound. It is a long time to be missing with nobody knowing where you are. Prayers for Donna's safe returnd. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 01:17:54 PM »
A write-up in Times and Transcripts Newspaper sheds a grim light on any hope that Donna left on her own accord. 

[/quote]

Streek says her mom is a loving mother and grandmother with a happy life, no problems and plenty to look forward to.

In addition to one grandchild on the way that she knew of, and another that she didn't, O'Rielly was also looking forward to a trip to Florida with her husband and daughters next month.

Streek says her parents are popular and don't have any enemies.

"Mom is just a very typical mom and grandmom. She's a very, very friendly person; she's never had an enemy in her life. Everyone adores Mom. She's kind of the mother (figure) in her family of siblings because they lost their parents early."

O'Rielly has 11 siblings, many of whom have gathered in Moncton over the last few days. The O'Riellys moved to Moncton from Gander, N.L., where they'd lived for over 20 years, in 2004.

Streek and her sister both flew in from their homes in Ontario over the weekend.

A group of family members handed out flyers in the area on Sunday night in the hope that it might drum up some information on O'Rielly's whereabouts but, as of yesterday, the family had no word on her disappearance.

"We're just co-operating with the RCMP to hopefully find out where she is," Streek says.

"We're praying for a good outcome here, that we can get her home. No matter what is going on, we just want her home with us and at least to have a resolution to this. It's very difficult being here right now, not knowing what's going on with her."

Lets all pray this beautiful family find Donna safe and sound.  What a touching story this newspaper published.  Maybe it will encourage more people to get involved - putting up Donna's picture in their towns and keeping one with them -always on the lookout.  This family deserves all the help it can get.  I pray they get reunited.  Hats of to this newspaper for this.
http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/970372

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »
Lets all say a special prayer each day this week begging that Donna is alive and well....and that she will be back.  This is so little for us all to do, but the blessed synergy of the act could "work miracles. 
You've been in my prayers nightly Donna ....since I first read the news you were missing.  Please be safe for your beautiful family. :(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
Lost, that is great information on Donna. It is very upsetting to know that she is so close to her family and this is way out of character for her. I know the weather was bad on Friday night in Moncton. It is hard to know what happened here, but it sure does not sound good. It really seems like someone was waiting for a person to abduct from that mall. Were there any signs of an abduction? Was any purse or lunch bag found in the area? Was there anything to indicate that she was abducted? It could be possible that someone was stalking her for a period of time knowing the hours that she worked. Friday night is a busy night in most malls and the person may have thought this was the time to act. Maybe the police should be going over the surveillance cameras for other days and try to see who was hanging around the mall area. There may have been one particular person that was just waiting for her to leave work. And did she ever fear from anyone that she thought was acting weird around her????It is just totally a mystery why this family woman would disappear with no trace of her. I am praying for Donna's return and hope that she is found safe.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:29:14 PM by capeheart »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »
The news articles (and there's many out there) police don't admit to having found any of Donna's personal belongings.
cape; you're right!  I think it's a good idea if the security cameras hold days of video, - they can take a look at who comes and goes there.  I would be especially interested what vehicle was parked near hers a little earlier. 
One can't help but think that a couple of "crackheads" were waiting for an employee to exit "alone" with nobody else in the parking lot ....and Donna was the first one or only opportunity they got.  They expected it was a good time of the week, and time of day, when this person might have a bit of cash in their purse.  They would be smart enough to grab her before she got in view of the surveillance camera ....and would be smart enough to be parked behind or out of such view.  I think it would be useful for the police to try a reactment of how this could happen.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 10:16:02 AM »
It has just been on CTV noon news that the family of Donna  will be speaking to the public on the 6:00 p.m. news. It was stated once again that this is very out of character for Donna to leave her family. This certainly is a mystery as to what happened to Donna. It makes one wonder if it is a start of copycat criminal activity. This has to be a great deal of anxiety and worry for Donna's family members. We are praying for Donna's safe return.  We are hoping for the very best outcome for the Donna and her family. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:30:17 PM by capeheart »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 01:50:55 PM »
Yes, Lost, I was thinking that most people have cash in their purse on the weekend. I wonder has there been any activity on any of Donna's credit cards or bank cards?? Maybe on the 6:00 o'clock news we will hear more on what has transpired since she went missing. Prayers again for Donna's safe return. Is there anyone here from N.B. that can throw some light onto anything they may have heard??? ??? ??? ???

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 11:26:01 AM »
Last evening Donna's family who were apparently very upset over her disappearance appeared on CTV. They were pleading for anyone that had seen anything at all that evening to call in a tip. It was noted in the news that someone had phoned in a tip that there was a man seen hanging around in the bushes in the area where Donna exited the mall. He was wearing a black and white jacket. Donna exited from the back of the mall, this information was given last evening. They do feel that she was abducted by someone. There was still little information given about anything else. The police said they were following up a lot of tips. But they did not indicate if her credit cards had been used, maybe this is a way of not letting the perp know they are catching up with him.  Now, I am going to speak a little about another incident on here that happened in N.B., not sure if it was Moncton, about two months ago. The lady owned her shop and was leaving for the night and she was attacked and beaten very badly. She did not want to show her face on camera, but she was shown with her injuries in a picture. This woman could have been killed she was beaten so badly. She indicated she will not leave her shop alone again at night when she is leaving work. This incident just struck me this morning. It could be the same person that assaulted that lady.The person was not caught, to my knowledge that assaulted that woman. Just a thought, it could be the same man. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:31:13 PM by capeheart »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 01:26:06 PM »
cape; I did take notice of the female police officer stating they have a lot of video to go through.  That area must have quite a few video cameras.  One thing I believe in is going directly to gas bars, drive throughs of any type and checking weather/security cameras at the intersections of outskirts of most towns.  I hope that's the videos this officer is talking about.  A black and white jacket would show up going by - even in a vehicle - even at night.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »
Yes, that would show up. Also, he must have had a plan in place because he would have to do it quickly to get Donna in a vehicle and would catch her right off guard, unless she knew him???? If she knew the person's face she may have trusted him. Maybe just asked her the time or something to take her right off guard. It was early in the evening and there were others in the mall, so I guess she was totally relaxed and not even thinking about danger. Well time is slipping by and the weather is bad again tonight in Moncton, much worse then here. I think the police have clues they cannot let out. There must be activity on her credit cards and  hopefully there is, because that is a good sign that she is alive. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:31:50 PM by capeheart »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 07:54:40 PM »
What if it was one of her previous clients at H&R Block, who took a shine to her, then watched, and waited maybe even weeks, to have the right opportunity to park between the mall exit and her car, perhaps even right beside her car.  And was able to grab her unaware. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 10:10:05 PM »
I somehow or other do not think that is the case. Sometimes you see that with younger women, but Donna was a mom and a little bit older and I'm not saying she wasn't attractive, but I think there was something more sinister here. I think the person was looking for money. But the police have said they are getting a lot of tips, so hopefully something will come up. But it will be a week tomorrow. I mean if Donna is out in the elements, there is no way she could survive. I just hope that the police tell us soon that Donna is home safe.  ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:32:31 PM by capeheart »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 04:26:57 PM »
I've just watched the 6:00 p.m. news and the video of Donna leaving the mall was on the news. There were a total of 22 other people that left the mall at the same period of time as Donna.The police are asking anyone that was in that video to come forward and identify themselves. Her family was handing out flyers once again at the mall. It was also noted that none of Donna's bank cards have been used. This is very strange and a great mystery, because usually they want money unless Donna had cash that did not run out as yet. I just hope this is not a copycat style crime as to persons disappearing in other crimes across Canada. People in the N.B. area should be very vigilant, especially women and not be travelling about in the evening alone. But the fact that Donna went missing with so many people around is a mystery. Hoping and praying once again for Donna's safe return. I can see the anxiety and sadness on the faces of her family, not knowing where Donna is. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:20:31 AM by capeheart »