Author Topic: Carmine LAPELLO - Murdered - July 20, 1917 - Toronto, Ontario -SOLVED  (Read 3952 times)

joe.l

• View Profile
I have a question and need help, about a murdered taxi driver , his name was Carmine Anthony Lapello , murdered July 19th or 20th 1917 in Toronto, There is a site that shows murdered taxi drivers Canada wide ( it has his name spelled wrong ) I have contacted the Toronto Police Services ( record dept. ) and they told me there was no record of this unsolved murder in their files ? They did not tell me  if the case was ever solved , but they have no record of it at all ?? If anyone can help with where to look for more info , I would be thankful .If you want to look at the site google in canadian taxi driver homicides 1917 , you can find it by year or name  spelled Laepello . 1917 .thanks   Joe.l
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:36:45 PM by joe.l »

PandaBearKitty

Re: Carmine LAPELLO - Murdered - July 20, 1917 - Toronto, Ontario
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 07:48:08 AM »

joe.l

• View Profile
Re: Carmine LAPELLO - Murdered - July 20, 1917 - Toronto, Ontario
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »
It was quit a while ago that I posted anything on the forum .  The topic of my post was regarding a murder of a  Toronto taxi driver  July 20th , 1917 , his name was Carmine Anthony Lapello , he was my great uncle . His case was never solved and remained dorment for some 94 years , until I started researching the facts in the case . My case study took approx. 3 years , I was able thru many sources to bring the case to a conclusion.  I have now written a book about his death that is available at Amazon.com , you can find it under " Murder Lost To Time " ( Kindle book ) Paperback will be up soon . It is a story of Toronto's bootlegging era , a young man's love for his  astranged wife , Canadian gangsters , and a mysterious man and woman who were behind the murder , who remained unidentified for  some 97 years , until now. This is a true story long ago buried in the Ontario archives , if you decide to read his story I hope you will be intrigued. The book " Murder Lost to Time " is on amazon.com , you can get a paperback copy or Kindle book ...............

thanks ...............Joe
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:57:09 AM by joe.l »