Author Topic: Jennifer Kesse - 24 - Missing - Orlando, FL - January 24, 2006  (Read 19117 times)

TinaS

• View Profile
Jennifer Kesse - 24 - Missing - Orlando, FL - January 24, 2006
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:27:43 PM »
http://www.jenniferkesse.com/48hours.htm

Again please watch all three.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:52:22 AM by debbiec »

PrairieScribe

• View Profile
Re: Jennifer Kesse - 24 - Missing - Orlando, FL - January 24, 2006
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:55:32 PM »
 Jennifer Kesse (24)- age at Abduction.

This beautiful, bubbly, strong and career minded young woman was abducted on January 24, 2006 at approximately sometime between 7:30 - 7:45 a.m. outside (suspected) her condo at Mosaic at Millenia.

Jennifer (family and friends call her 'Jenn') had great routines and was not in any way depressed or lacking in any specific area of her life. She had recently purchased her condo and was very 'proud' that she could afford the place so soon after graduating from University.

However in the few months and weeks up to time of her abduction she met with leering stares and (likely crude) comments from the Construction/ Maintenance crews that were in the process of refurbishing the original apartments (452 in total over 52 acres) into luxury condo's. These comments and stares made her extremely uncomfortable and since there were only a handful of condo's sold (4 in her actual unit) there were very few individuals at time of abduction that would have heard her scream, if she had that opportunity.

Jenn worked as a Financial Analyst for Westgate Resorts out of Ocoee, FL handling the accounts. She had good relationships with her boss and fellow co-workers and it was completely out of her character that she would EVER be late for work, let alone not call to say she was running late.

PrairieScribe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 04:29:39 PM »
Website run by her family: www.jenniferkesse.com

I have done extensive investigation/research into her abduction. There have been very few actual leads in her case. Recently OPD (Orlando Police Department) (Lead Investigator: Joel Wright) have moved on from her case, though it's still 'open' essentially OPD is putting more effort into other more recent cases. It's up to Jenn's family, friends and the rest of the world to NOT FORGET HER and continue on with the investigation in hopes that new leads will be found which can further OPD's investigation.

Drew and Joyce Kesse and their son Logan (who is very close to his sister and currently has moved to another State) along with Jenn's sorority sisters and boyfriend Rob Allen (who has been cleared as a suspect and was very much in love with Jenn) continue to seek the public's assistance in the abduction of Jenn.

It's my personal feeling that Jenn was abducted for the sex trade industry which is a multi-billion dollar transgression in the States alone. I am not alone in this feeling either, as some family members agree that Jenn is 'still with us.' 

On the website a grainy video from surveilance cameras located on rooftop of Huntington on the Green (HOTG...about one mile away from her condo and located in a very seedy area with a high crime rate) the last known person to have likely seen her either alive or before she was taken elsewhere, parked her car (black Chevy Malibu) spent 35 seconds in her car and then left it, never looking back. Though her car was found a few days later the time-stamp on the video shows that her car was parked on the very day she was abducted, possibly a five hour window.
There is DNA evidence from her car, though suspect is not currently located in any databases.
There have been many comments made from concerned guests to her website that believe the suspect is either a painter, military personel, cook etc, due to his uniform.
Though OPD haven't any information as to whether or not the suspect is male or female, it's my personal belief, that he is indeed male and based on my research was part of the construction crew. I am not alone in this idea as some in her family believe the same thing.

Please check out the 48 hours Dateline 3 segment show posted by TinaS and her website; www.jenniferkesse.com
If you have any comments to be made on the site itself, best to register and share comments in the Group Forum as other comments in guestbook are reserved more for strength and prayers for her family.

Sleuth

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 04:46:35 PM »
Thank you for posting Prairie Scribe. And updating us on what is happening with Jennifer and her case. I wish you God Speed in solving this case and finding Jennifer.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »
I never did forget this case, it is very upsetting. I saw this on 48 hours and it still is a mystery. Jennifer was getting ready to go to work in the morning. She disappeared when she was on her way to work. It is felt she was abducted from the place where she lived. I did see the grainy video of the person and you could not see the face. But it did look like a painter, the clothing and such. I believe she was taken and she was placed in one of those empty apartments until they could get her out of the building. There were several vacant apartments in that building that the construction workers were working on. She also had indicated that she was nervous about one or more then one of those men who were working there. I wish she had followed her gut feelings and never stayed alone. I don't think they will ever find Jennifer. And there are others missing also. ??? ??? ??? ???

PrairieScribe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:39:50 AM »
CapeHeart.... I sincerely pray your last thoughts are not what will be the final; outcome of Jenn's case.
You are correct however in that several of the condo's were empty. Many of the on-site workers were utilizing the units and therefore it's possible that she was taken to one of those units prior to being removed. (One of Jenn's biggest fears was that she would be abducted and forced to stay against her will, while no one could ever find her...I always believe that our fears can become a reality if we choose such a path; there is irony there afterall)

There has been nothing to confirm either way that Jenn is alive or dead. So I choose to believe that she is still with us. The saddest part of our society as a whole, is that the sex trafficking industry is as problematic and huge across each border as it is.

After having delved deep into such murky waters, it's truly amazing how much the media etc cannot report on; due in part to Govermental influences...

Recently in Calgary a 'massage parlour' was shut down after it was found that the business itself was a front for sex trafficking. This has happened all over Canada; Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, etc. I personally believe that if we as a society went full-throttle in demanding changes to our judicial systems there would be a heck of a lot less abductions of innocent people just attempting to live their own lives...! :) :

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 02:05:18 AM »
I personally believe that if we as a society went full-throttle in demanding changes to our judicial systems there would be a heck of a lot less abductions of innocent people just attempting to live their own lives...!

Indeed!

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 05:20:55 AM »
PrairieScribe, I am very sorry to hear about Jennifer. My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends looking, it is not easy is it? I had a couple thoughts as I read this thread. Is there any way to document which buildings were unfinished and under construction. Was there any photographs of the units in various stages around the time of Jennifer's disappearance. What type of work was being done at the time? Painting? Drywall? Pouring cement walls?  Electrical? Plumbing?

The type of work, the contractors working on the work at that time, and what units were being utilized by construction seems like it would be important. Those that employ the contractors would know if any individuals missed work, left the employ shortly after, had shady pasts, etc. and if they were just uneasy about a co-worker at the time.  I would imagine to a certain extent co-workers do not like working amongst possible criminals so you never know with the good graces of people, talk amongst the crews, or someone with a strong hand to gain employment records information may hold a clue.

Also, I have heard of instances from construction workers that say, people just don't know what goes into the making of their homes. By that I was told that workers often deficate in basement corners (sorry, but I'm trying to make a point here), put donut boxes, food wrappers, etc. before concrete is laid over them in the basements saving workers from putting items in the garbage. That is why I'm wondering if anyone stopped construction around the time of Jennifer's disappearance and if perhaps her clothes, or any evidence could be found in those particular units being immediately worked on. That would at least lead to which construction crews were working at the time. And, lead to some clues perhaps. Just a thought.

I wish you much luck in finding Jennifer, with the best of outcomes.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 07:16:39 AM »
Concerned, I felt and I believe I posted it on the 48 hours site, that the construction should have been shut down immediately that morning and every unit should have been checked to see if Jennifer was in one of those apartments. I absolutely believe she was taken to an empty apartment. It was around 7:30 in the morning she went missing. She had been away with her boyfriend on a trip and had gotten back the evening before. She disappeared and I don't think she ever made it outside of the building. It is just a terrible thought, but there would be so many people around in the a.m., that nobody saw anything. And how quickly she could have been abducted as soon as she came out of her apartment. This case kind of reminds me also of the case of Amey Bradley, she was on a cruise ship with her mom, dad and brother. They were coming to a port and in the early morning hours she disappeared. The family tried to get the captain to detain everyone on the ship until they searched the ship and not let anyone leave, but they did not do that. They figure she was abducted for the sex trade and is over in Asia somewhere. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 07:40:23 PM »
Construction trade start by 7 a.m. in he morning, from what I'm told. Since the construction trade is, on a whole, seasonal in nature in some parts of the states. People that wander and run tend to pick odd jobs up in the trades. However, companies generally try to hire good workers back. I would be looking at the transient contractors that worked that day. Especially those that may have come to work late, or took the day off around that timeframe. The co-workers would know where to point the fingers. They protect the good workers, but the ones that turn their head, are usually known.  It seems a likely connection in this case.

Perhaps worth a private eye. Or, maybe some way of obtaining employment records through diligent companies. Lets hope these workers were not paid under the table.

Don't they have equipment with sonar radar or something that can detect people? Sniffer dogs. Are all these units currently occupied? Or still waiting to be sold?

Two other places is to find the dumping grounds for the construction waste or within walking distance of parks, rivers, fields or swamps. Someone needs to go to the site, and think like a construction worker who may return in the wee morning hours or after dark and think if I were to try to leave the complex where would I head, where is the least visible, etc.

And, please forgive me PrairieScribe, I'm not advocating that there is not any hope. I just believe that in some of these cases time is of the essence to check some of these items as they get harder as time goes by. I still have hope for Jennifer, as well. Always.

PrairieScribe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 05:44:45 AM »
Concerned & Capeheart.....

Thank you very much for your input and ideas! I welcome any further thoughts and comments, as it may just be the ticket in opening up an avenue unchecked!  :)

From what I understand the majority of the construction crew itself were indeed transient/illegals and thus there is no record of them having worked for the company itself. It would appear after all this time, that the family has no desire to actually 'sue' any parties (though if this were reverse and it was myself...I think I'd probably file suit) KW Property Management was the Nations LARGEST company of that type (even in Eastern Canada specifically Ontario) and may still be today as well.
It has been reported though in 'hearsay' fashion that more then 1/2 of the construction crew itself, up and vanished in the days following Jenn's abduction, so I feel that says a lot right there...sadly there is no way to trace the where-abouts of any of these guys (mostly Mexican illegals) being as they were 'invisible' in a sense to begin with.
This isn't all that surprising, if you consider the illegal factor but as far as the actual apartments having been checked...I'm not certain of that outcome (it's believed by the Kesse's that the investigation itself was 'botched' in the first few weeks) and there was reports that the actual units were not checked out by OPD through some type of contract with KW...go figure!
One of the most puzzling possible 'clues' to myself is that her dufflebag, which still held all of her gym 'things' was located in one of the large dumpsters...puzzling because this was always in the trunk of her car. Why toss it in a dumpster unless the suspect actually put her in the trunk of her own car and drove away?
Another major 'clue' (IMO) is that police recieved a very 'legitimate' call a few weeks after her abduction of a woman saying she knew that Jenn had been taken to a home at 1414 40 St, (exactly 20 min away from her condo) in Orange County and that Jenn had been alive and well, though held against her will. I truly believe in my heart that this is a major clue, however when OPD went there and busted in the house appeared empty and held no trace of Jenn...

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 06:16:57 AM »
Wow, Prairie, if that were true that would be some very positive news that we may be able to find her some day some way. I can see why you looked into trafficking in humans after that.

I also have to wonder if that were a ruse to get the attention off from those that should have checked every unit. 

That information that the gym bag was found in the dumpster is very interesting. I wonder if our fellow threaders could take a moment and think about that and see what their guts question. After all, we know she wouldn't have dumped it. Could she have had it in her hand at the time she was abducted--going to the gym, coming back from the gym? When was she last at the gym?  Was her car found?

PrairieScribe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 07:10:33 AM »
Hi Concerned...

Her car was found a few days later, but on the grainy video the time stamp (www.jenniferkesse.com) states 12:24 p.m. on the very day she was stolen!
Jenn would have been leaving for work (at a career she loved) as she did every morning between 7:30 - 7:45 a.m. (She was never late either and being very responsible would have phoned ahead to let her boss know if she were to be late, it was just the way she was) this is particularly why, when she didn't show up for work that after first calling her cell phone (and being directed to her voicemail) her work called Jenn's parents immed. At that time, her parents lived in Bradenton (about 2-3 hours away) they called and were directed to Jenn's voicemail and immed. knew something was wrong, jumped in their vehicle and drove directly to her condo. (In interim they did call and ask if the management at Mosaic could check on Jenn, which they did and found nothing amiss and her car was not in her parking spot)
The sad thing is that there was a great deal of traffic in and out of her condo, but both OPD and family feel Jenn did make it at least out of her apartment.
Her car was located on Thursday parked in a visitor's stall at HOTG (Huntington on the Green, exactly 1.2 miles away from her condo, by foot to walk back from that location would be 18 min.) Where this property is located, is right in the midst of a high crime/drug infested area. Though OPD did question area residents, nothing came out of it, as first people are unlikely to actually 'talk.'
A K-9 tracking team was brought out to HOTG and they were able to trace Jenn's scent right back to her condo, at the foot of the stairs and then nothing. (she lived on the 2nd floor)
Recently I was able to locate a small news article that stated another unusual fact that dogs were able to sniff out her scent in a heavily wooded area not far from her condo, when OPD searched the area however, they were able to locate nothing of use.
My personal thoughts on this could be that this was a ruse...
Many searches have occurred along the waterways, small lakes and woodes sections in and surrounding Mosaic with no results. Even searchers and OPD within the last 6 month timeframe have searched an area on Mosaic where concrete was poured in the few weeks following her abduction with hopes of locating remains and nothing.
Like every individual who goes missing or is murdered, someone, somewhere has information, no matter how minute they think it might be...however after 2 Million dollar awards (both put out by the owner of the company she worked at, whom never actually met her, but cares very much for those who work for him) and the current $15,000 dollar reward raised (no questions asked)nothing has happened.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 08:46:49 AM »
This is just very sad. My instincts want to know more about the HOTG. If the perp felt comfortable staying there it would seem that he frequented there to blend in if she was going to be taken there for any particular reason. So, transient workers and the drug infested HOTG area commonalities are to zero in on a person of interest with both in common. Very, very troublesome that so many transient workers, as that would seem prime for the crime. The fact that they all went scattering around the time of the police investigation is not of surprise since they don't want to be caught, but also allows someone to get away without looking obvious.

My thought is the private investigation would be in order. Something incompetent or not enough focus from police is leading to nowhere, it seems. How wonderful it is to have the employer so concerned. Beautiful, actually, in this day in age it is so refreshing to hear. It would be wonderful if part of that reward could go towards a private investigator to find the clues at this crossroads. One thing for sure, if the crime is connected to that greedy drug infested area, it would seem some would sing if given the right opportunity. I can understand the fear of human trafficking when it could be within 18 minute walking distance. It seems the drug trade is more and more into that. I wonder if the specially trained ICE etc., teams could be consulted and see if it sparks their interest. They definitely have a handle on the area's influentials and the directions they travel. You never know.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 02:06:43 PM »
Prairie, that is very interesting related to the information from a caller that she was taken to an address that was specific. I did not hear this before. But the initial morning she went missing, that is when they should have taken every known worker from that building and went through every apartment, empty and with tenants and I believe they would have found Jennifer. The dufflebag, maybe was in her car from a previous gym date. She was on her way to work, so she wouldn't be taking her gym bag. And as you say, if she was placed in the trunk, that would be the reason her gym bag was thrown away. It is very sad that nothing further has been found in relation to Jennifer. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???