Author Topic: Russel Williams: crimes and victims  (Read 57378 times)

D1

Re: Russel Williams: crimes and victims
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »
That would explain why Elizabeths parents still believe Baltovich was responsible to this day.

amIam

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »
D1, I would imagine this to be the case for most famlies when someone is convicted of such a crime and later released.  I believe little Christine Jessops mother felt the same way for awhile even after DNA cleared Guy Paul Moran. 

The book I previously spoke of regarding Baltovich is called "No Claim to Mercy" by Derek Finkle.  I read it quite some time ago so much is a bit hazy.  In the book there is much information regarding witness' and such but a few bits and pieces of information given to Toronto police never made it to Baltovich's defense in the trial.  For the most part, Toronto Police focused in and around U of T as this was the last place she was seen and seemed to disregard anything elsewhere. 

But there was another witness and it came to me today.  A man who worked at GM in Oshawa ( just a few miles east of Toronto)  was driving to work heading eastbound on the 401 hwy on the day Elizabeth Bain disappeared, June 19, 1990.  He reported to police that a car pulled up beside him in the left lane and a girl he later identified as Elizabeth Bain was passenger in the vehicle.  She looked right at him and then the car sped off.  That piece of information was with held from Baltovich's lawyer.

Now, given that Williams, in 1990, was stationed at the time in Trenton AND he had previously lived in the area of Elizabeth Bain as well as U of T
( Scarborough campus)  who's to say the man driving that car that day was not Williams?  The 401 is a main link between Toronto and Trenton.     

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »
Are you sure he was driving the BMW, I thought they said he was driving his Pathfinder...I, like you am torn between thinking he just "boiled over" recently, or if he "dabbled" in murder here and there since young manhood...(from all that I know and have read, these kind of perps start young, when the testesterone is kicking in)..And I thought the same as you, yes he certainly knew about Bernardo's crimes, at the very least, at the same time as the rest of us.  Would that knowledge make Williams want to commit brutal crimes in the '90's  or did he keep "the lid on" until 2009?  Reports say he took his parents' divorce very hard (2001?) and it caused a rift in the family, that they tried to mend a few years later, to no avail. Would that have kept him away from Toronto? Was that his "breaking point"  We need to know more about this guy. I read somewhere, that behind his back, in the military, he was called  "Mr By the Book",a stickler for the rules, by some.  In many ways he fits a serial killer profile.

amIam

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »

Regarding the vehicle with unique tire tread..it was the Pathfinder, his wife had the BMW, it was found parked in the driveway of the house they owned in Ottawa. The year/color of the Pathfinder has never been disclosed nor the brand of the " unique tires."  But if this how the OPP nabbed him..and this is posted here on a link, hat's off to the astute observations by that OPP constable.  Guess this was the the only base Willaims didn't cover.

In my opinion, Williams likely figured the police, ANY police enforement are a bunch of buffoons, hence the slip up with the tires..or perhaps he was so high and lofty on himself given his position and the bucks he rakes in, he had no clue how the rest of the populace lives..look at his home in Ottawa..700 grand..his "cottage" in Tweed..no cottage..it's a sprawling spacial home.  And then there's the home he owns on base at CFB Trenton that is rented. 

It has never been mentioned that Bernado did B&E's..he peeped in early years and one time was caught.  He escalated to rapes, usually following his victims as they exited a bus late at night, dragging them into bushes.  He became more violent with each crime.  But Bernado never killed anyone until after he met Karla Homolka.  They married and from then on worked as a team, killing 3 girls..one was Karla's younger sister, Tammy.. the others were Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French.  Bernardo is in Kingston pen, seving 25 yrs to life with tnat the hope of parole as he has been deemed a " dangerous offender"  his wife Karla made a plea bargain, served 12 years and is now a free woman, living in the Carribean..  Canadian justice, eh? 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »
There was a story posted February 10, 2010 by Columnist Mike Strobel from the Toronto Sun that interviewed one of the women who survived the alleged rape by Williams. He interviewed her after Williams' arrest. It turns my stomach when the article reports that she did not know Col. Williams, but to say hello. The article clarifies, "Shortly after Christmas, she drove past his front yard on Cosy Cove Lane. She waved. He waved back."  It makes you wonder how a person like Williams can live with himself and his actions?

http://news.jonzu.com/z_middle-east_one-of-the-surviving-victims-of-col-russ-williams-speaks-out.html

amIam

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
Concerned,  I can well appreciate your comment, any normal person would.  Williams is not "normal" his is a psychopath, with more than likely sociopathtic tendencies.  They have no remorse.  The sick thing is that after this poor unknowing victim waved at him, he was more than likely re-living the night he raped her.  Perhaps her wave made him feel even more confident he wouldn't be caught..

I think she was very brave to speak with Mike Strobel, I believe it's the only interview she has given. 

amIam

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »

phsycic dreams

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 03:57:12 PM »
DEBORAH RASHOTTE???

amIam

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 04:12:18 PM »
I thinks so

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
Am, I have sent you a message that I would like you to read on here. I will also forward it to PDreams. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 06:01:34 AM »
There's no doubt in my mind, Debra R. was a victim of R Williams.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 09:31:24 AM »
They had some one on TV last night that was saying most serial killers start off by stealing panties....All I can say is I am glad Williams was caught sooner rather than later.
I picture his wife as being short, with short dark hair and quite plain looking........I have never seen her pic.  I think Williams is cold looking....the only thing (in my eyes) that he had going for him was his title, and the money that went with it. ;)

amIam

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 05:01:16 PM »
art-hu..sorry I have missed your comment for so very long but I am totally in agreement with you.  But Debrorah was a throw away in LE eyes, one with mental illness, easily pushed under the covers of the "who cares"
From the beginning, Belleville police kept saying RW was not responsible and yet they had no idea where Deborah was.
I have always wondered how LE could make such a judgement and search so dilligently for Jessica Lloyd who disappeared from her home in Belleville 2 days after Deborah.
There's no doubt in my mind, Debra R. was a victim of R Williams.

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 07:03:01 AM »
R. Williams would never admit to taking a mentally unstable women. That would not be up to his prestigious standards. It was too late by the time he realized her unstable condition, and carried on with his own psychotic plan.
 Jessica and Debra were likely together.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 03:08:22 PM »
am and art; I think you guys could be right.  This was when he was "really out there on a mission".... fact is, perhaps the opportunity presented itself, and he couldn't resist.