Author Topic: Russel Williams: crimes and victims  (Read 57634 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Russel Williams: crimes and victims
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2014, 05:42:46 AM »
Kingston Pen. Was closed last year, RubyRose, so all those prisoners have been moved elsewhere.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2014, 07:19:17 AM »
I'm no expert on pensions. I do know, as the article states, that adjustments or claims can be made for things such as child or spousal support. It seems ludicrous to me that further claims cannot be made in circumstances such that the Deviant Williams perpetrated on his own free will.

Is it not feasible that his pension was earned, at least in part, due to some sort of fraud? In that he was stripped of his commission, and awards, due to his behaviour, could one not connect the dots further and strip him of his pension?

The law, as it stands, does make sense...to a point. Hopefully someone will see that these circumstances are exceptional and make it right while still protecting those that the law was meant to, not some deviant arsehole playing the system.

Nish

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »
 IMO, If he was stripped of his pension, then NO ONE could sue him? As the old saying goes "You can't get blood out of stone."  It is a slippery slope to make exceptions, as in Williams case, to strip a person of their pensions.  Hasn't Williams caused enough harm?

JB
Here is a list of lawsuits against him - with one being dismissed.  This article is October 2013.
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/10/16/lawsuit-against-russell-williams-dismissed-2
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:29:41 AM by jellybean »

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »
Kingston Pen. Was closed last year, RubyRose, so all those prisoners have been moved elsewhere.

Thank you, jobo.  I wonder if Bernardo is still his neighbour.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »
Slippery slope indeed. I don't know of an comparison off hand, so I'll say no more. My utter disgust is well documented.

Nish

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
Question made by Ruby Rose "Thank you, jobo.  I wonder if Bernardo is still his neighbour."

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/21/michael-rafferty-joining-killers-russell-williams-and-paul-bernardo-in-quebec-prison

Michael Rafferty joining killers Russell Williams and Paul Bernardo in Quebec prison

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 03:56:42 PM by jellybean »

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »
Thank you, as well, jellybean. 

May they all enjoy each other's company!

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2014, 05:16:10 PM »
Where is Michael Rafferty's counterpart being held?  In similar circumstances? That very sad crime took two people to pull off and both of those individuals had the opportunity to make other choices, not to mention had opportunities to protect and save the child.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2015, 02:19:19 PM »
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/russell-williams-clings-to-his-pension-214911797.html

Her appeal was dismissed.
I believe this is not over yet, the lawsuit has made some legal changes, and as far as I can tell, it will hit the system again/jb

see: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/woman-suing-russell-williams-can-t-target-his-military-pension-yet-1.2084840
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:30:47 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2015, 02:33:11 PM »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2015, 05:25:33 AM »
To know that this serial killer is getting a hefty pension while sitting in jail irks me to no end.  At the very least, he should be paying room and board in the big house.
In my opinion, anyone in jail, that collects an income, should be paying their way, not saving their money. 
Decent law abiding citizens have to pay for everything.

We need to start a petition.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2015, 12:16:28 PM »
Government Pensions of any kind

Government Retirement pensions, including your cpp, and if you are on old age and/or supplement, cannot be touched by any lawsuit.  There is one exception - Child Support.

If, because of Williams,  this woman is successful, it will set a precedence and it will be changed for everyone. 

That is the dilemma.

Is Williams worth it?

Out of court settlement would be best for everyone, but for some reason, she has not been successful with that either.
 Modified:

This is what he supposedly did to her.  Was he ever charged for this - does anyone know?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/08/20/victim_of_russell_williams_says_she_was_left_tied_up_for_hours_as_police_investigated.html

JB

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:20:18 PM by jellybean »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2018, 12:10:25 PM »
The story behind the movie of Russell Williams' interrogation
http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/fatum-room-216-review-1202622584/

Fatum: Room 216, a movie about interrogation of Russell Williams.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7617944/

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »
Vice story claims that forensic psychologists contacted by VICE say Williams wasn't a psychopath. Instead they say he was a man with powerful sexual deviances coupled with a lack of empathy for his victims, who was able to control his urges in order to avoid detection when necessary. A good-working frontal lobe and a simmering cauldron of sexual deviance. Paraphilia. Is this consistent with what the authorities found?

Source: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/wj5ekm/he-was-a-top-officer-in-the-military-and-also-a-serial-killer

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2018, 02:13:18 PM »
coupled with a lack of empathy for his victims, who was able to control his urges in order to avoid detection when necessary.

Lack of empathy - and cunning
and
- cruelty and blame to others.

He found the perfect mate. There was a bit of larceny in her. She looked out for number one, and blocked his pension from being sued by victims by having him sign it over to her.

Both he and his wife were skin flints when it came to others.
Both he and his wife thought the world of their possessions.
She sued the cops for scratching her floors and breaking a lamp when they searched her home.
They made a great pair.
He loved Rosy the cat more than humans.
He was a convincing actor.

He was also a cross dresser, that is seldom mentioned.
He reminds me of the movie Bates Motel.

I would say he is a highly intelligent well organized psycho, the most dangerous kind, and if he isn't than who is?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:20:22 PM by jellybean »