Author Topic: Margaret McWilliam - 21 - Murdered - August 28, 1987 - Toronto, ON  (Read 26937 times)

supernatural

• Just trying to help
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret McWilliam - 21 - Murdered - August 28, 1987 - Toronto, ON
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 08:35:34 PM »
From that show I believe they were referring to this case....

"1992,16-May-92,76 Cataraqui Crescent,34,Martha,Watson,McKinnon,Female,strangulation,James Marr convicted in 1994"

Either way I hope they solve this crime and give her parents closure. 

Jobo:  The Halliday case seems to be too far away geographically.  Clothing was folded nicely out of remorse and or the perp knew her and was doing it out of remorse perhaps.

:D

DCAK

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
Don't get the OWN channel? To Catch A Killer Season 1 is now available for advance purchase on iTunes!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/tv-season/to-catch-a-killer-season-1/id834452604

2soccermom

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 09:02:38 AM »
Not sure if folks have commented on this before or not, but; MY WORD! Margaret McWilliam looks very like a young Sonia Varaschin in her photos. Do others see this? Coincidence - or?  I have just been reading up on Margaret's case following dotr's post on Sonia's thread. While I understand LE in this case believe Margaret's murder was not targeted (more a crime of opportunity) and in Sonia's that she was known to her killer and targeted specifically, I wonder if Sonia could have reminded him of the earlier, random crime? It is another small connection that they were both murdered at the end of August (1987/2010).
Dotr, you presented another possible connection in asking if someone is targeting health care workers (as you point out, Sonia worked as a nurse, Margaret in a senior's home -- and Gracelyn Greenidge as a nursing assistant). Do others see a strong physical resemblance between the first two?
Since there is, apparently, DNA from both murders I assume a link has been ruled out (or we would have learned of a connection?) But to me the resemblance seems uncanny!