Author Topic: Should we make a thread about this guy from Trenton?  (Read 8872 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Should we make a thread about this guy from Trenton?
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:30:28 AM »
Or is it premature to call him a serial killer right now?

Sleuth

Re: Should we make a thread about this guy from Trenton?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:32:01 AM »
What constitutes a serial killer? More than one person? Or..........

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:38:15 AM »
I heard 3 kills with at least 1 cooling off period in between.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 12:39:53 AM »
I found this definition for "what is a serial killer?"

serial killer, serial murderer (someone who murders more than three victims one at a time in a relatively short interval)

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=serial%20killer

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:42:46 AM by debbiec »

D1

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »
I vote for a broad based thread of some sort based around the activities of this one military member and how his case is being handled. My view is that although we are all innocent untill proven guilty, the authorities would not have gotten this far with charges against a ranking member such as him unless they were really sure. Des has pointed out the growing number of victims that have been found around military bases. Maybe that discussion is already long overdue?

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:09:48 AM »
Wouldn't a thread of missing and murdered people near of somehow connected to the military, be appropriate?  .....might take a little work though!

a good start would be the military animal that Truscott possibley took the rap for.

This old post by Des comes to my mind:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:39:59 AM by lostlinganer »

amIam

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »
lostlinganer, thanks for this information.

The military person who is a strong suspect in the death of Lynne Harper and other children in the areas in which he lived was Sgt. Alexander Kalichuk
The military was fully aware of his desire for little girls but would move him to another base when he was caught. 
In the early 50's he was stationed at CFB Trenton, caught once again for "sexual deviation" and fined $10.00.
In the ealy 60's, a military person, going through some old files came across Kalichuks.
This is how Kalichuk came to be a suspect in so many cases. 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »
I am very interested in that kind of thread....we may be surprised at the results of our investigating. Cold cases around the area of Base Borden come to mind also.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Oh yes, and let's not forget Kathleen McVicor found murdered on Trenton Base. June 2001.

amIam

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »
I posted a link 3 posts back from the CBC regarding an article of 3 "sudden" deaths at CFB Borden.  Newswise, there has had no follow up but the story is not closed to comment as it seems most stories military wise have been since this guys arrest. There is much chatter about these deaths and it appears they were suicides.  and for this I am so sorry for the familes involved as there are no answers.
I am not certain as to the rate of suicide in the military and should anyone here be aware, I would appreciate the input.
CFB Borden is from what I have gathered is a training base..no one from there is deployed to active duty nor had the three deceased ever been involved in active duty.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »
I just stumbled on this old article.  How many time have we brought up on different thread as to whether a known pedophile constantly after young girls, was ever seriously looked at for Lynn Harper's murder.  We could never find a straight answer on that;  however, this old article leads me to believe the military knew a lot more than they admit.... as they themselves, down the road in a later time, bring it up themselves

Amongst the suspects in the death of Harper was RCAF Sergeant Alexander Kalichuk, a troubled man and a heavy drinker with previous convictions for sexual offenses.  Kalichuk drank himself to death in 1975, never having been formally accused or charged in the death of Lynne Harper.

Truscott once lived in the Clinton PMQs at 2 Quebec Street.  Lynne Harper once lived on Victoria Boulevard.

Source Material: "Abandoned Military Installations of Canada Volume I: Ontario" by Paul Ozorak, the personal recollections of the author (1997, 2004 & 2011).
http://www.militarybruce.com/history/base-history_13.html