Author Topic: Mother sentenced for webcasting sex acts with toddler  (Read 2992 times)

Sleuth

Mother sentenced for webcasting sex acts with toddler
« on: January 29, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »
The woman cannot use a cellphone, computer, or be alone in the company of children or go to any public place where children might be during her probation.

She will be placed on the national sex offender registry, and must remain under the care of a psychiatrist, while completing psycho-sexual counselling.

During his sentencing, DeMarco spoke directly to the young mother. "Society expects that a mother will protect her child no matter what from harm. Not only did you not protect your child, but you hurt him and broke the trust," said DeMarco.

The woman was arrested in April 2009, after a man she had met a few weeks earlier on the internet contacted police about her web activities.

Windsor police arrested her and seized her computers and cellphone, which the Ontario Provincial Police e-crimes unit in Orillia investigated.

Officers found images and video in which the woman engaged in live sex acts both with herself and her toddler. In other instances, the woman involved her pet pit bull in the acts, and in many of the cases the child is seen walking around in the background and using sexualized language with his mother. The videos were broadcast live to the man who eventually turned the woman in to police.

In his sentencing, DeMarco said the most important part of the woman's sentence was to protect the public.

"It must be made clear to the community that such behaviour will not be tolerated," he said.

'She appears to show no emotion whatsoever'

Defence attorney Robert Dipietro told CBC News he will not appeal the sentence. "You can't quarrel with what Justice DeMarco has done today, let's put it that way," he said.http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=23361877

haunted

Re: Mother sentenced for webcasting sex acts with toddler
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »

OK, is it just me or does that sentence still seem ridiculously light? She didn't steal a vehicle, she seriously, seriously abused her infant son, whom she was wholly obligated to protect. She showed no emotion, hence, no remorse was demonstrated.

I wish that our justice system were able to slap a few of these cases with a life sentence of 25 years, no parole. Make examples out of a few of these by showing that violence against children is not tolerated in our country. A jail sentence of two years less a day seems like a slap on the wrist. What are we saying to the children in Canada with these sorts of sentences? And the sad thing is, this is apparently a harsher sentence than most get.

I too, hope that this little cherub can grow and live a healthy life and is not burdened in any way by the horrifying behaviour of his mother.

ontariolinda

• View Profile
Re: Mother sentenced for webcasting sex acts with toddler
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 11:56:20 PM »
the police arrested and charged a man 17 yrs ago with abusing my 10 yr old son..the police found out that he had molested 7 other boys in BC and done a whopping sentence of something like 7 days for each child..Yet when our case was heard and the knowledge there that he was a re offender he was still given 18 months..The case went through in Sept and around Dec I heard they were going to let him out for good behavior just in time for Christmas.. I contacted the parole board and said YOU THINK SO? Well I dont , when is the hearing I willlll be there..they told him not to apply since I was going to be a Bitch..can you believe it??
But what I found out wayyyy back then and i'm hoping it has been fixed is the Ontario sex offender registry and the BC registry are not connected, and cant check each other