Someone Knows Something - CBC
Podcast By David Ridgen, an award-winning filmmaker

Sign The Petition!

Help find Sheryl Sheppard

Author Topic: Levi Noel ex priest NB 18 counts of sexual offences  (Read 2418 times)

Sleuth

Levi Noel ex priest NB 18 counts of sexual offences
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:47:04 AM »
I can't find a face of this creep. Has anyone else found a picture of this 'destroyer of young men's lives' ?

By CBC News, cbc.ca, Updated: January 22, 2010 10:44 AM

Ex-priest faces sentencing for 18 sex offences

A retired Roman Catholic priest who worked on New Brunswick's Acadian Peninsula for 30 years will be sentenced Friday for 18 sex-related offences.

Levi Noel, 84, pleaded guilty last October to the charges, including gross indecency and indecent assault, for incidents between 1958 and 1981 while he was a priest in northeastern New Brunswick.

Noel will be sentenced at a court in Tracadie-Sheila.

Noel's victims were boys between the ages of eight and 16 at the time, and it is expected some of them will speak out after the sentencing.

Robert Talach, an Ontario lawyer, is helping the victims organize a press conference that he believes is the next step for many of the men in dealing with the past.

"For many of them. I think there's a cathartic healing journey of coming forward and going through the legal process," Talach said.

"They have sat by the wayside as the criminal process has moved forward with its own momentum and now as that concludes they see this as an opportunity for them to speak out and tell of their experiences and their desires for the future."

More legal action possible

As for the future, Talach said the victims want the criminal charges against the retired priest to be concluded first. But he left open the option for future legal action against Levi.

"There's some unanswered questions that the victims have that the criminal system is not designed to answer," Talach said.

"Questions of institutional responsibility, institutional awareness and forward-thinking issues of change and policies that need to be implemented can't be affected through a criminal process, since its sole focus is on the perpetrator."

The investigation into allegations against Noel began in May 2008 after one person spoke out, breaking 30 years of silence. Meanwhile, the RCMP investigation continues as more alleged victims have come forward since the original charges were laid.

Noel left the Bathurst diocese decades ago.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=23310436

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Noel ex priest NB 18 counts of sexual offences
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:23:38 AM »
 >:(yet another big "no surprise!"..... don't stop looking Sleuth...I will too!  maybe somebody will find that monsters pic.

bstnncy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »
i found a face for this creep levi noel,but i do not know how to put it on here...sorry...cbc news new brunswick friday jan 22,hope i got it right thanks

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »

Thanks bstnncy and navyperfume. Levi Noel is pictured below.

expecting rain

• Truth is stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 09:38:51 AM »
Awful. I am glad these men (and women) are starting to come forward and expose the wolves that are dressed in sheep's clothing.