Author Topic: Amber Teixeira | Age 15 | MISSING | Jan 02, 2010 | Oshawa/Whitby, ON  (Read 3294 times)

Shwa

• View Profile
http://newsdurhamregion.com/news/article/145391  (includes photo)

Parents seek information on missing Whitby girl

Jan 07, 2010 - 11:02 AM

DURHAM -- The parents of a teenaged girl who's been missing since Saturday have issued an appeal for information on their daughter's whereabouts.

Amber Teixeira, 15, left her Whitby home Jan. 2 and hasn't been heard from since. While she's left home before, she's always checked in to let her parents know she's OK, said her dad, Shane.

"It's not like her not to call," a worried Mr. Teixeira said. "Her mother's freaking out. I'd like to tell her, if she's OK, to call home."

The family recently moved from Oshawa to Whitby and Amber's parents believe she's likely headed back to Oshawa. They've been searching the streets of the city for the girl but so far haven't found her; checks with Amber's friends haven't produced any leads to her whereabouts, either.

Police have been contacted, Mr. Teixeira said.

Anyone with information is asked to call 905-809-4877.

------------------------------

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Teixeira | Age 15 | MISSING | Jan 02, 2010 | Oshawa/Whitby, ON
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
5 days is a long time for a 15 yr. old to be unheard of/from.  I do hope and pray she has friends looking for her.  I hope they have posters up by now ...before it's too late.

Sleuth

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:05:19 AM »
Has anyone heard what is happening with this young girl? Was she found safe and sound?

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »
Nothing in the papers thus far and the case has not been listed on the Durham Regional PS site yet.