Author Topic: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON  (Read 152681 times)

Greenley Family

• View Profile
Re: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »
Just received some new information about the case, apparently it was reported by Bonnie Wilkins neighbor that there was a suspicious Black English Car pulled up to the bus stop around 11 pm and the driver was wearing a black hat that night she went missing and with the previous statements about being able to see the bus stop in clear view, i guess they had a good look.  This was a statement made by the neighbor but it looks like it was over looked and not investigated.  Further up the road that evening this black car was spotted by Noreens sister, a cousin and a good friend, it swerved and forced the girls into the ditch and they could hear what they though was Noreens screams.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2011, 03:00:25 PM »
Question:  Is Noreen's sister, cousin and friend still living? Do you feel that this is a reliable source?
This car, sounds like it was driven by a stranger to town or driving through, which was my initial thought (feeling) about Noreen. 
I have read, that very often the victim is driven no more than 9 miles (from the place they were picked up)  I will have to search for the data on that.  I have read it, and it has also pointed out on various tv programs.  Will search for it honestly. It is always quoted in miles never km's so I assume it is an American data.
You have received some positive responses in such a short period of time IMO. 
Do look after yourselves, please don't let it exhaust all of you. 
Hopefully someone will contact you again with further info.

PEACE
JB

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
Have a little more information, the phone call that was received by mom the man mentioned about the village of Ceserea where he suspected someone whom Noreen knew also.  I have heard that Noreens Baseball Coach lived in Ceserea.  Just information not accusing anyone.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2011, 04:26:54 PM »
Noreens sister is a reliable source,but i still think she was picked up by someone she knew or else she wouldn't have gotten in.  All she had to do was to pick up the phone and her father Harvey would have came and got her.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
I'm sure a few people from bowmanville would remember our family. We were Harvey & Nadine( Mom & Dad) , Gary,Harvey,Noreen,Joyce,Rodney,Mark & Shelley. I recall a list of friends to our familywere Dave Allison& Family             Madill Brothers" Herb"       Andy Wagner           Dave Wallner
                                                                             Bonnie Wilkins& Family         John Row                            Potter Family
                                                                             Lenore Harper & Family         Jim Simms                          Randy Donahue
This is just people off the top of my head that i can remember. Noreen was 13 yrs old, a tom boy. Bonnie was 15 yrs old and into guys. Whoever murdered Noreen , i want you to know she was just an innocent  little girl that loved baseball & horse back riding. Please, someone knows the truth out there come forth so we can find her & give her a proper burrial beside her mom and dad.Too many years have gone by,please help put this little girl to rest. Thank you , Noreen's sister,Joyce Greenley.           Ps I miss you Noreen          D. Allison,i think you know more than you let on,in fact i think you were there when it happened. That being said you should know and pray that i never find out!Why else would brother Gary cry out "  Stop the search,stop the search,Noreen is dead!"Then run out of the house in hysterics! So between Gary and Dave ,they knew the truth but Gary hung himself but not before he told brother Harvey where to find Noreen's body. In a shallow grave at Dave Allisons farm house behind the corn field.                                                                                     
Just read Joyce's post (somehow I missed it)
Question: Was the corn field behind Dave Allisons farm house ever checked - thoroughly?
And where is Dave Allison now? 
And do the police today, have this information on their files? Sorry for all of the questions.
PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:06:20 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2011, 12:43:51 AM »
Have a little more information, the phone call that was received by mom the man mentioned about the village of Ceserea where he suspected someone whom Noreen knew also.  I have heard that Noreens Baseball Coach lived in Ceserea.  Just information not accusing anyone.

Just received some new information about the case, apparently it was reported by Bonnie Wilkins neighbor that there was a suspicious Black English Car pulled up to the bus stop around 11 pm and the driver was wearing a black hat that night she went missing and with the previous statements about being able to see the bus stop in clear view, i guess they had a good look.  This was a statement made by the neighbor but it looks like it was over looked and not investigated.  Further up the road that evening this black car was spotted by Noreens sister, a cousin and a good friend, it swerved and forced the girls into the ditch and they could hear what they though was Noreens screams.

You are working very hard on finding answers and following up. Great work! Way back, black cars were more expensive and I think at one time thought to be a sign of prosperity. It would be interesting to be able to get the exact model and follow that up with companies in the area that sold them. It's a very long shot, I know. The kids were shaken and the make of car probably didn't sink in at the time.
It wouldn't hurt for someone to interview the coach either, face to face to watch reactions.
I wish you luck and success.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:16:42 AM by SAP »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2011, 12:50:47 AM »
Contact Information:
If you have any information regarding this missing person please contact the Durham Regional Police Homicide Unit at (toll free) 1-888-579-1520 Ext #5400, or Crimestoppers at 905-436-TIPS or 1-800-222-TIPS

http://www.drps.ca/internet_explorer/whatsnew/missingperson_view.asp?ID=123

joyce

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2011, 04:01:43 AM »
History_major

Hi,my name is Joyce,Noreen's sister. I notice you mentioned the possibility of Noreen refusing the coat from Bonnie that night.
The night she went missing, my mother sent her out with  a sweater on.  It was one of the last things she said to Noreen,that it gets very cool at night.  She was wearing that sweater when she left that night to meet up with Bonnie. So,in my opinion,there would be no reason for her to get a coat from Bonnie as she would have been warm enough with the sweater on!
                    That being said,she would not have gone back to the house to get said coat in the first place. I don't believe this to be true in the slightest.  I still don't understand or rather it doesn't explain why Bonnie went into hysterics when Noreen's mom and dad came to her house looking for Noreen. They couldn't get into her room because Bonnie had locked the door and wouldn't let anyone in.
                              Bonnie said to Noreen's mom and dad " Go away,i gave Noreen a quarter to take the bus home and i don't know where she is!

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2011, 06:58:51 AM »
Thankyou, Jellybean.   I wanted to get Joyce's message over onto this thread, and couldn't....but you did it, thanks.  All this info needs to be on this thread.   
These kids were all young at the time of Noreen's disappearance, but they need to be talked to again.   Dave and Harvey and even Gary Woolner should be talked to.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2011, 09:10:05 AM »

Jobo,

I had tried to move Joyce's information to this thread earlier, however the site was experiencing some problems during that time, so I was unable until everthing was fixed.

SAP

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2011, 09:55:27 AM »
Joyce:
That being said,she would not have gone back to the house to get said coat in the first place. I don't believe this to be true in the slightest.  I still don't understand or rather it doesn't explain why Bonnie went into hysterics when Noreen's mom and dad came to her house looking for Noreen. They couldn't get into her room because Bonnie had locked the door and wouldn't let anyone in.
                              Bonnie said to Noreen's mom and dad " Go away,i gave Noreen a quarter to take the bus home and i don't know where she is!

The Police knew about this reaction and didn't think it was in the least suspicious? Very unusual for an innocent person. imo.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2011, 11:14:04 AM »
Bonnie has passed away in 2009...so whatever she knew or didn't know has gone with her.  I truly believe that several of the young people mentioned on this thread do know what happened.  It would be nice to see the police question them again and again. 

See reply #44 on this thread.

Retshome

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »
Joyce - GreenlyFamily,

I'm curious about something, did either of you have the opportunity to know anything of Bonnie and Boyfriend/husband in the years following Noreens disappearance? If they were indeed covering up something they either saw or were involved in about Noreen. The guilt or fear might very likely have shown it's self in their lives somehow, substance abuses, domestic violence, emotional issues etc. Did you ever notice or hear of anything like that with any of the people involved? Keeping that kind of secret is like living with pressure cooker inside you and that pressure has to come out somewhere.

Bonnie's reaction back then is very suspicious to my ears.

SAP

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »
Reply # 24: <snipped>

Another interesting fact is that Gary Woolner's son in 1995 was arrested and sent to prison for kidnapping and assaulting a 4 year old Bowmanville girl on Duke Street in Bowmanville.

Retshome

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »
Reply # 24: <snipped>

Another interesting fact is that Gary Woolner's son in 1995 was arrested and sent to prison for kidnapping and assaulting a 4 year old Bowmanville girl on Duke Street in Bowmanville.

Great eye SAP. I completely overlooked this. It's always been my belief that child molestors do not develop in a vaccuum.

Taken from the same post #24 
Makes you wonder like father like son or what. 

It makes me wonder too.