Author Topic: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON  (Read 152984 times)

Greenley Family

• View Profile
Re: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2011, 06:42:15 PM »
Thanks!   Noreen Greenley is now on facebook!

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2011, 08:24:39 PM »
Yeah, Greenley Family!  Let's hope it opens some eyes for you.  Good work.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2011, 07:45:04 AM »
Sorry..had to deactivate Noreens profile on facebook, some family members said it would be a problem for what they were trying to do in this case.  Have to think of something else, but please keep responding with different ideas.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2011, 07:47:47 AM »
I can understand that....I am leary of joining facebook groups.    I get worried the wrong person might find out too much about my kids, as they are on my facebook.   There is not enough privacy.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
Sorry, Noreen is missing from Bowmanville Ontario.  My last post, I had her missing from Sask.  A lapse moment of the brain cells.
Has Noreen been placed on the missing persons list? (Province wide)?

PEACE
JB

SAP

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2011, 12:03:28 PM »
Just to clarify, earlier I had mentioned getting help from an Ombudsman but looking at their site I see they only handle government issues. Up west I've seen occasion where they handled personal issues in the past, so I guess that is out as far as contacting them.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »
Not sure about that jellybean if she has been posted as a missing person world wide good question how do i find that out?

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2011, 01:42:36 PM »
Thanks SAP!

SAP

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »
Thanks SAP!

YW. I wonder if there's any archived articles/papers from the Fall of 1963 that would show how well Noreen's missing was publisized outside the community? Surely the Police would have listed missing persons then already. Do you have a local library card and I wonder if they would have more info as well.

sbc

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2011, 09:49:33 AM »
Hi- I noticed some posts regarding the issue of the coat etc- the distance from the bus stop to the Wilkin house is very short-= less than a 100 feet-
Regarding the information about the trailer and the trees location where she was supposedly buried, this originally came from a psychic- I heard about that last year... glad to see so many posts and people interested after all these years= I hope it doesn't become too overwhelming..

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »
Thanks sbc for clarifying the distance to the bus stop. I had asked that question on Jan. 11th. The media report said 20 meters (65 feet) which sure is different than a 20 minute walk. (I wonder if one could actually see the bus stop looking out the Wilkin's windows). This also means that Noreen had plenty of time to be at the bus stop for the 11:30 pm bus. And, it was little effort for her to return to the house to say she was cold.

The bus driver says she wasn't there, the psychic says she got on the bus. Either way, she was only about 65 seconds from the house.

If you heard about the psychic's statements last year, then it appears that old.geezer was merely relaying the same info.

sbc

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
Yes, you can easily see the bus stop from the front of the house-another psychic said that Noreen did get on the bus and that police should question the driver- I did speak to him recently- he is well into his 80's, hard of hearing and didn't seem to even remember the incident-

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2011, 12:21:25 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that about the bus stop.  How long ago did you question the bus driver about the incident?  Wow in his 80's thats the problem we are going to have with this case being so old, but one thing i find about older people is they do remember the past really well, especially when it comes to special circumstances that happened in their lives. I always have heard stories from my grandparents, unless they have altimerzers or some kind of memory disease.  Maybe he didn't quit understand because of the hearing difficulties.  I think it is worth another shot interviewing him, i mean we have nothing to lose.  If we wait too much longer this might be another person buried with important information.

Retshome

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2011, 01:22:26 PM »
Yes, you can easily see the bus stop from the front of the house-another psychic said that Noreen did get on the bus and that police should question the driver- I did speak to him recently- he is well into his 80's, hard of hearing and didn't seem to even remember the incident-

Wow! How fortunate that this person is still alive and able to be interviewed at all. That is a major problem with these old cases. Most everyone has move and can't be found, few are still alive and so many don't remember anymore. This guy is most definitely worth trying again. Any chance an interview can be done in person?