Author Topic: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON  (Read 152951 times)

Greenley Family

• View Profile
Re: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
The Trailer Park might ring a bell with me but once again can't be sure,  My thought is  that it could be Thistle Valley Park on the Third/fourth Concession in Bowmanville.  This park has been there for a long time and people lived there all year round,  it was a residential park.  I have heard that the residents that lived there were a pretty rough crowd.  I heard that alot of Transport truck drivers stayed there.  The Park was sold a couple of years ago and all the trailers were removed and it lays vacant now.  The Rail road tracks run almost right through that property.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2011, 11:57:42 AM »
Thanks sbc for the information its really appreciated and i am so glad there have been replies to this site too.  Trying really hard and like i said  before i won't give up!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
You need someone from that town to step forward.  It may be a person who overheard a conversation as a youngster.  To my mind, it is quite possible and highly probable that  Noreen was picked up on the highway by someone in a car or truck. Someone who perhaps knew her Dad.  - or as someone suggested, someone who saw her at the bowling alley.  I think it was an adult.  Searches were made within the surrounding area and Noreen was not found.  So, I think that this person drove her to a remote area, way outside of town.
This is such a common scenario, repeated time and time again.
Also, who lived along or had to take that highway to get home and was  also well-known as a hard drinker.  This too  was common during that time period. What were the town rumours - re little girl molesters going on at the time, or after Noreen's disappearance?
PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:59:23 PM by jellybean »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 05:52:53 AM »
Yes...Jellybean it wouldn't be too hard to get to a remote area outside of Bowmanville in 1963.   In fact, Bowmanville was fairly remote, correct Greenley Family?   Like I said earlier, it has been built up a fair bit in the 40 + years that have passed.   It is odd that no one has come across any clues with all this urban sprawl.  Or....are the clues/remains still on the perp's property?

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 08:00:51 AM »
Yes Bowmanville was pretty remote and although they have expanded pretty far in development. they are just on the border line of the development by the third concession and that is where old.geezer had suggested that Noreen could possible be by the tracks and the trailer park. I wonder if they ever questioned her skating coach because the other girl had stated and reported that she was talking to Noreen after her disappearance and that Noreen had stated she was living in an apartment in Alberta on Carlton Street because this girl said she skated with Noreen.  If she skated with Noreen where was she talking to her from because she couldn't have been talking to her in Alberta because what would that girl be doing in Alberta so it must have been by phone and how would a 13 year old manage to pay for and obtain an apartment. strange story!  I would like to know how i would find out who ever resided in Thistle Valley Trailer Park at that time in 1963 if indeed this is the trailer park that old.geezer is talking about?  Anybody know?  I found out that Gary woolner went to Bowmanville High School at the time.  I think the girls went to school together and i believe it was either Ontario Street School or Central Public School, trying to find out for sure.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »
To The Greenley Family:  I want to express my admiration to you , with your determination  and tenacity that you have in finding the killer of Noreen. Keep it up, and I believe that at this late date, you are making headway. Don't you? I think that you will eventually narrow it down; and perhaps your question regarding Noreen being in Calgary may be sorted out.  I hope as I gather that it is bothering you. Perhaps other posters may have some suggestions regarding this.
I am writing this post with the best of intentions and from the experience of others who have lost their loved ones, and who's remains are still missing,  I will take a a deep breath, and pass this on to you.
Some families, have gone to a funeral home,  (they will do it for you without remains), and  they  set up a gravestone, and have given name, birthdate, and  the end  date, as the last date that they were seen, along with a personal inscription for their loved one.  The family now has a special place to go on their birthdates, and all important dates that mean something to their family.  In the meantime, these families are still awaiting or searching.  In the event that the remains of their loved is found, even long after relatives have passed, they will have a marker in their name.
Please, don't think that I am dragging you down.  By doing this, it is not admitting defeat, you will still make headway in your search for her killer,  and yet you will still have a "place to go to" to mark her existence.

With highest Regards
JB

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:18:04 PM by jellybean »

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 08:00:38 AM »
Thank you jellybean, i realize others have done that and i know your intentions were the best.  I don't think that would work in my family's case or in my case for a number of reasons.  It still wouldn't be closure for us without her actual remains or some part of her.  My family won't  be at peace and be to able to get on in that sector of their lives until we find Noreen someway somehow.  My family has never stopped thinking about Noreen so i don't believe we need a service or monument to go to, to share our thoughts and memories of her, they are constantly with us everyday. it would feel like quitting or settling and i don't want to settle anymore after going through Breast Cancer.  I do realize you suggested that with great intentions and i thank you for that.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »
I thought that is whet you would say. Every family makes their own personal decision.  You are doing what is right for you.  Tell us more about the Calgary scenario.
That may be a clue. Although, I feel that it was  busy body youngster, trying to help and made that story up.  You never know
Like you, I cannot see a 13 year old living in Calgary, making a phone call to a friend, without contacting her family first. Does not make any sense. You are continuing with clues that make possible sense - good for you.

PEACE
JG
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:22:48 PM by jellybean »

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »
Thats all i know about Calgary and the girl that skated with Noreen.  Someone else brought it to my attention, but i know that they said they searched that area in Calgary and turned up nothing, so it could have been a made up story by the girl.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 08:21:21 AM »
Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me and my family,  i think i might be getting some help with this case from someone with some power, not for certain yet, but its looking good!!!!

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 08:26:39 AM »
Wonderful news......I hope that you do get some answers....I am rooting for you....;)

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2011, 11:30:29 PM »
Please keep responding to this case if you have any information or thoughts that would help,  i realize i said imay have got some help with this case but nothing has been verified yet, trying very hard.   Everything is very much appreciated by the family
Thank you

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »
I am always deeply saddened when promises of help from authorities does not come through as promised. It happens quite often. However, in your case perhaps it will eventually come through.  I pray for your family that it does. With families having young children missing and after years of no resolve, very often a sibling will pick up the cause.
There is hope though, at times however faint.  Confessions can come many years later.  So continue to keep the faith.
Have you returned to Noreen's town?  Have you been able to rouse interest there.  I noted that someone in the police dept has taken an interest and  are trying to assist.
There is hope: Plse read Candice Derksen's thread.
The town's newspaper should be able to run an article for you, or the County's. 
Have you considered placing an Ad in the newspaper?  Or in an online newspaper (This will cover many under Canoe) Anyone with knowledge of the disappearance of etc., etc.? Get a P.O Box No. - or some electronic way that they can communicate. I would not advise giving your e-mail address.
You never know.....there may be someone out there who has knowledge, and the ad may give them an opportunity to communicate.  Many people are afraid to call crime stoppers - for whatever reason.

Peace to you and your little family.
JB
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:43:34 AM by jellybean »

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
Thank you, for more ideas, i think i will try to write a letter for the local paper, it certainly can't hurt!  Maybe your right its been so many years that someone may want to speak their mines and open up on this cold case.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
An open letter of appeal would be lovely.  Hopefully, you will get a response.
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

PEACE
JB