Author Topic: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON  (Read 146321 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 08:26:47 PM »
I meant to mention that there is a website called the Doe Network...that has many unsolved/missing people.

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
Thanks Angela..;)

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 09:25:56 PM »
Thanks i found the Doe Network and found Noreens case file in there but it was pretty basic just stated her birthday, when she went missing and where thats it.  Some cases actually had the enhancement photos of what they would possible look like today, but Noreens case file didn't have that.  I don't think the Network would be much help it was pretty basic.  Thank you though please keep the ideas coming.  Thanks

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »
I am sending letters out to people of higher power and resources to help in solving this cold case of Noreen's.  I figure if i am persistent enough something will prevail, got my fingers and toes crossed.  I won't give up, just too darn stubborn and i have nothing to lose but only to gain!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
If Bonnie's boyfriend had a car, and when he left, he may have picked Noreen up still standing at the bus stop and offered to give her a ride home.
Best of luck to you, and my prayers are with you as I am sure all of the posters on this site feel the same. Keep us informed as to how your quest to find Noreen's killer is taking shape.
Peace
JB

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 05:32:39 PM »
Yes.  That would be a very interesting fact to know.  What time Bonnie's boyfriend left, and how he got home.  And where home was. 
It does say back on page 1, that Noreen, Bonnie and Gary walked through town to Bonnie's house, after bowling. 
And that it was a 20 minute walk for Noreen to get to the bus, which only ran every hour or so....

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »
If they walked through town, then perhaps Gary did not have a car. I wonder how old Gary was at the time?  Then it is quite possible that an older person picked her up at the bus stop with an offer to drive Noreen home - but didn't.

I wonder why Noreen did not call her Dad and have him pick her up? Was it because she was running late, and did not want to get further into heck by calling him? Is that possible?
I believe that Noreen returned to Bonnie's home hoping she could stay in where it was warm, and refused the coat because she got the hint that she was to leave, and was too embarrassed to take it.
Felt unwelcome under the circumstances and left, and perhaps that is why she did not call her father.

Was there an adult social activity going on in town at the time? Was there any event going on that would bring strangers into town? ie:  Agriculture show, or what not?

Peace
JB

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »
I Hate to be so blunt but:
 In my eyes it is either GW or a stranger (like jellybean described).maybe a local stranger, one Noreen had seen around, maybe even at the bowling alley earlier that night.
..The best time for the police to visit GW would have been around the time his wife (Noreen's friend) passed away.
My opinion only.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 08:41:51 PM »
You bring up some interesting views (jellybean) they have also passed through my thoughts as well.  Thanks

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 05:50:32 PM »
To the Greenley Family:   Do you, by chance, know how old Bonnie's boyfriend was at the time of Noreen's disappearance?  Was he the same age as the girls or, was he older?   Did he go to the same school?  Or did he work?   Do you know anything about him that could shed some light on the last 2 people to see Noreen?  Was Bonnie, Noreen's best friend?  Did she keep in contact?     Thanks...

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 09:45:52 PM »
Bonnie was i think about 2 years older than Noreen,she was Noreen's good friend but i don't think and i am pretty sure she didn't keep in contact with the family after Noreens disappearance at all.  Gary was older than Bonnie by also 1 year or 2, possibly around 17.  I don't know if he went to school with the girls or not or if he worked.  I am going to see what i can find out more on that

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2011, 10:52:56 PM »
Well i sent messages to old.geezer but have gotten no replies.  Don't know what happened because the information that was discussed in the post was very interesting!!! HMMMM

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2011, 08:32:44 AM »
It looks to me like Old geezer only came on and commented on this thread....and has not been on before or since. 
It would be nice to know if he/she ever found out more.
Does the trailer park ring a bell with you?

sbc

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 10:49:29 AM »
Hi- its great to see so many entries on this case-  Back in 2005, I was doing some freelance writing and wrote the story for Clarington This Week on Noreen.  My family had a connection with the Greenley family through Noreen's uncle Ward, who worked part time for my father.   I remember that day in 1963 when Ward didn't come to work as he was out looking for Noreen.   10 years later I found myself working as a police officer in Bowmanville reading the files on her case.    I spoke to many people over the years regarding the case and the common theory was that she was abducted by someone she knew.   The last people to see her were Bonnie Wilkins and Gary Woolner.   As mentioned here, they eventually got married.   In 2005 I had a lengthy phone conversation with Bonnie about the case.   She was friendly and helpful and  I certainly didn't end up with the opinion that she knew anything more that what was reported initially.    Bonnie died in Nov. 2009- she was 60 years old- which means she was about 14 when Noreen disappeared.  Not sure of Gary Woolner's age but I recall he was a bit older, maybe 15?.   If you have information please contact Det. Chuck Nash, of the Durham Homicide Unit has the file-905-579-1520-  or call Crimestoppers.