Author Topic: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON  (Read 150165 times)

SAP

Re: Noreen Greenley - 13 - Missing - September 14, 1963 - Bowmanville, ON
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 11:55:57 AM »
G family, I echo Woodlands comment.

It's gotta be bad when you find more info on a discussion forum than from the POLICE who are right there and supposed to serve the people. Godspeed in your searching and answers.

BCID

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
From June 4, 1964:

Noreen Anne Greenley (some papers spelld Oreenley), 14, went missing from Oshawa, Ontario in September 1963.

The most recent news report as of the above date said a girl who knew Noreen from their ice-skating days together, said she spoke to Noreen in the Mount Royal section of Calgary, Alberta during November, 1963. Noreen told the girl she was living in an apartment on Carlton Street.

Two Ontario police officers conducted a door-to-door search of Carlton Street. And with the help of Calgary police, all domestic, employment and welfare agencies were checked under her name with no results.

Note: I can find no news past 1964, can anyone shed light if this girl was found?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:07:29 PM by BCID »

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 07:48:57 PM »
There is a thread for Noreen Greenley under Ontario --> Other Locations.  She has never been found and remaining family members have started a renewed search for her.

BCID

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »
aahh thank you. I had no clue this case was here. A search of my available archives only reveals one article on the case.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »

BCID, if you do a search with the search function at the top of the page, it will search this site for any information that is posted here. I use it all the time and find it very helpful.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »
Thank you for the posts...please keep them coming.  This is another New Year of way too many years already, but i feel good about this year.  I am constantly seeing number 1's in my day to day life so the year 2011 is very significant to me.  I will not give up on this for Noreen and my family, so if you have any information on this case whether you think it is significant or not please post it, don't let her life be a file full of paper work in a box somewhere!  I will keep in touch with any information i receive on Noreens case.

Kelly

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »
I want to keep posting so Noreens name is at the top of the page for missing people.  Trying everything!!!  (I won't give up if you don't give up)  Calling all Angels by Train!  My Dads song when he passed!

Kelly

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »
Welcome Greenley family!  There is not much to go on in this case, but Woodland did bring up an interesting scenario. 
Perhaps police should go back to the night and reinterview the friend and her boyfriend.  Something just seems a bit off to me aswell.

Powl44

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »
Hi Greenley Family - I too wish you all the best in your search for closure. I'm just curious as to what resources are available to you in 2011.  Are there many family and/or friends that you can talk to who lived through this awful event in 1963? Are you able to talk with and ask questions of Bonnie and Gary? Are there any neighbours or townfolk that you can draw information from?

Woodland asks some very good questions on page 1 of this thread. Do you think you will be able to find some answers to those questions with the resources you have? My question would be: ...what was Noreen's mood that night? Could she have felt a little jilted? Just a few things to ponder.

Keep posting and keep the faith!

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:41 AM »
Yes i hope they will re-interview the people who were involved at the time she went missing.  I know for a fact that her friend that was with her at the time she went missing Bonnie Wilkins passed away almost 2 years ago but her husband at the time who was also with Noreen when she went missing is still alive (Gary Woolner)  Another interesting fact is that Gary Woolner's son in 1995 was arrested and sent to prison for kidnapping and assaulting a 4 year old Bowmanville girl on Duke Street in Bowmanville.  Makes you wonder like father like son or what.  Please once again any information you have or comment is so appreciated, it can make the difference, just keep talking word of mouth is the best way to keep the ball rolling.  I haven't given up either i am looking up other resources for help.

Thank you so much

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
A son would eventually come to know his father's history - being one of the last people to see Noreen would come up from time to time.

I wonder what the son experienced or was exposed to while growing up.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 10:29:29 AM »
Okay....It makes sense that the young couple wanted to be alone...so Noreen took off to catch the bus.   What doesn't make sense is that Noreen was so cold and returned to the house BUT refused a coat, and left again anyways.

I really cannot buy that story.  Why would she walk all that distance to the bus stop and back and refuse a coat? 

I checked out Gary Woolner's son, Coulson..He  attacked a 4yr old in Bowmanville back in 1996....took her from her home and assaulted her in a shed.....when he was 21....then spent several years in jail....   Not good at all.
I see one of their other sons is deceased...wonder what happened?

Noreen's disappearance is not the only unsolved from that general area.....hmmmm

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
Well trying to put myself in Noreens shoes i think when she returned to Bonnie's house i think maybe it wasn't about the coat she probably just wanted to stay there and she was upset when her friend just offered her a coat so she left.  I so think if it happened that my best friend just offered me a coat instead of staying in with them i would of left too.  It was very late at night too and she was apparently by herself.  There are so many unanswered question about that night and i don't know if they were asked by the police at that time or not.  like when did her parents come home and when did Gary leave can't imagine he stayed once her parents were back.  Where did he live at the time, we know where Bonnie lived.  Just so many questions, but this is great keep talking and also i didn't know there was other unsolved cases in the area.  Like to hear more about that
Thanks

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 05:56:37 PM »
There is a discrepancy that is important to clarify.  Was the bus stop 20 metres or 20 minutes from the Wilkin's farm?

Kelly Greenley posted a thread stating 20 minutes (TVTALKSHOWS and Websleuths) and the Durham Region news article stated 20 metres.
If it was a 20 minutes walk, then it would be reasonable that Noreen missed the 11:30 pm bus.

I am also puzzled about Noreen's ice-skating friend who said she actually spoke to her in Calgary, two months after her disappearance.  I know "sightings" can be unreliable, but to have a conversation is rare.  Was this girl deemed to be totally uncredible?

If he hasn't already done so, I think it is time for Gary Woolner to take a lie detector test.

Good luck to the Greenleys in finding some answers to many questions and I hope they are productive.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »
There is several unsolved cases, but none not in the '60's, and none involving young girls.   
I agree with Have faith...I think Gary Woolner deserves a visit by some detectives.    He has not really left the area, from what I can gather, so I will venture to say he lived in Bowmanville when he was young.   Sounds like you didn't get much info from the cops on Noreen's disappearance.   A long time has passed, Bonnie has passed, time to talk to Gary.
What did their son, Charles die of, and when?   What happened to Coulter after he did his time?