Author Topic: Stephanie Stewart | Missing | Hinton AB (August 2006)  (Read 143310 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Stephanie Stewart | Missing | Hinton AB (August 2006)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »
I read the link Des.  What a wonderful lady!  Makes one want to scream.  I do hope people in that vacinity feel the same way; I hope they leave no stone unturned in hunt of whoever did this.

D1

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 02:18:01 PM »
I read the link too and feel the same way. Was surprised to read that the tower received thousands of visitors each year. I wonder if Stephanie kept a visitor log or a dairy? Seems to me the perp may have been familiar with the setting and may have been here before.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 06:35:35 PM »
D1, I had mentioned earlier in my posts that maybe it was someone who had come to visit. They may have come back, knowing it would be an easy target to rob. I still think that the person knew Stephanie. The key here would be a description of the gold watch, which sounds very unique. If there is a photo or picture of the watch or one similar that could be posted in all pawn shops. This may be a big help in finding the killer, if that watch is found.I just don't understand why so much was done to hide her body. Obviously, this person had left lots of DNA there and wanted to remove every tidbit of evidence. Yes, there could have still been DNA left and maybe the police do have some evidence that they are not sharing at this time. Kleman does sound like he should be investigated in this matter. I do think in my heart that the police will solve this case.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
good idea about the watch.... I also get the feeling this person was well acquainted with her.

Alder

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009, 02:19:27 AM »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »
by "well acquainted", I mean could this all have something personal to do with the watch?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »
I too, believe it was preplanned. They came early in the a.m., they knew the schedule. They knew possibly what time she was supposed to be on tap. She was probably a very early riser. Being in the wilderness she probably turned in early. There is just too much going on here, not to have planned it. I still say this gold watch should have been a big clue in finding the killer. This watch should have been shown all over Canada, a picture of it or one like it. This watch would be worth something for sure. And who in the persons who were acquainted with Stephanie, knew that this was a gold watch. They may have also thought she had cash hidden away there, instead of using a bank. She knew the person that committed this crime, that is my gut feeling. A great loss to everyone, knowing that she was such a unique individual. My prayers that this case is solved. Keep it going and do a story on it on TV and see what comes up. Maybe W5 or even contact one of the American shows, 48 hours or Dateline, I am sure they would be very interested in this case. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
For sure cape;  if any woman's story should be told.... hers should.  What a woman.... what a waste - after all the years she put in! .....what a crime!  I'm surprised this never became a televised story by now.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
Me too, Lost. I just cannot believe that W5 or the Fifth Estate never picked up this story. Because this happened in 2006, which is just three years ago and I do not remember anything about it on TV. I think if her daughter approached someone about a show, they certainly would do one for sure. As you say, what a waste of talent and after all the accomplishments Stephanie had and to end up missing and nobody knowing what has happened to her, it is very sad. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

D1

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 12:12:24 AM »
Maybe a very telling piece of info? Stephanie's daughter doesn't want her last name known. (last link) Do they (the family) think the perp knew Stephanie and they are afraid themselves? Why? Just because of the circumstances of the crime or is there more we don't know? Admittedly, this was a very unusual crime and there was a very specific personal piece of jewelry taken. The giver of the jewelry, if there is one, should be checked. Otherwise the thousand visitor list is either where the perp originated or what is being used by someone close to Stephanie to hide behind. She did disappear from work, not at home. ..The crime does suggest some level of familiarity and planning, just how much though?? Hard to discipher with the little that is known

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:16:13 AM by D1 »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »
I can understand why she doesn't want her name known, it could be fear or of the media hounding her for information. I know in these days there are such weirdos out there that she has no way of knowing if she could be a target. I see some witnesses on TV, even in the case of Ana Le, the student who was murdered. I saw witnesses that gave their full names, young women who were friends or Univ members giving their names, I felt they should not have done this. Maybe not even have shown their faces. I mean there could be another Ted Bundy out there, who knows. I would not have shown my face or gave my full name in these instances. She is being cautious and there could be a reason for it.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

D1

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2009, 03:11:06 PM »
I sometimes forget just how much more caution a woman has to excercise in todays society. In a case like this it's sort of counter productive, there are so many missing person cases that it's tough to keep attention and publicity focused on anyone of them without some family member being quite proactive.

That piece of missing jewelry got me wondering if there was something personal behind it, maybe an ex or jilted suitor for whom the watch had some special significance? Stephanie's daughter hiding her identity amplified the thought a bit more. Was there someone in Stephanie's past who harboured hostility and was capable of something like this?

Whether the jewely was a common item for Stephanie to wear at work and visible to visitors is unknown. Maybe it just disappeared by coincidence because she was just wearing it at the time that she was taken..

It would be nice to have a few more details to work with, but this seems to be a fairly significant point.

Hoping something new will come up to solve her disappearance.

D1

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
the police are holding back this info now because it is more relevant than first thought.

I couple that with how the family is acting and become more suspicious of a closer connection than what first appears.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »
Alder, I do believe if the details of this crime were provided on National TV on W5 or such a program that clues might be forthcoming. And like you say, there is a union and this was a crime that happened on the job. And it sure sounds like a homicide investigation at this point. Anything could be the reason for this crime, money left to someone, insurance money, Stephanie's job. It just doesn't sound like a random act, I believe it was planned very carefully. The thing that gets me is that there was water boiling on the stove, whose fingerprints were on the item that had the boiing water in it??? ??? ??? ??? It would be interesting to know if it was just Stephanie's fingerprints were on the pot that had the boiling water??? Just a thought. Of course, I imagine those things were looked into, at least I hope they were. Right now a program with vital information, I believe would ruffle some feathers and get things going. Hoping a program can be done on this case. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:58:15 PM by capeheart »