Author Topic: Stephanie Stewart | Missing | Hinton AB (August 2006)  (Read 143311 times)

haunted

Re: Stephanie Stewart | Missing | Hinton AB (August 2006)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »
Nearest I can tell, it is approx 100 km east of Hinton on the Yellowhead.

maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »
Yes, it takes just under an hour at 110kms to travel from Edson to Hinton.  Then another hour to Jasper townsite.  There are also a few small towns off in the bush along the way.  Around there coal mining and logging is the big industry.  My sister hasn't heard of any mystery disappearances around the smaller places. 

There are several decent size towns on the way from Edmonton to Edson.

D1

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 01:11:12 AM »
As more information comes out of the investigation into the murder of Emily Stauffer, a suspect with possible connections to Stephanie's murder has surfaced.

Stephanie was only about 100 lbs.
The suspect in Emily Stauffer's murder is a very small person himself.

Stephanie has disappeared and not been found.
This suspect would not be able to haul away a person any larger and this may have something to do with why he picked Stephanie?

Years later, the same suspect appears to have built himself a treetop lookout perch to view the area around where Emily Stauffer was murdered. Where did he get that idea? This suspect lists his favourite hobby as hiking.

The Athabasca Lookout Tower is located 25 kilometers north west of Hinton, off of highway 40, up a remote road near the Nordic Ski Center. The lookout is frequented by visitors, wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts throughout the summer season. The Athabasca Lookout location is ideal for hiking, mountain biking, hang gliding or people enjoying the spectacular view

This suspect lived in Edson, one town over from Hinton. He likely visited this area. He has been implicated in another murder, his exwifes aunt. Her body was found, (suspiciously by this suspect) and the location may provide clues as to where he may have hidden Stephanie. He was too small to haul a body very far off a road. In Emily's murder he appears to have been using a quad as part of his plan.

All information from the murder of Emily Stauffer, once available on the thread for Emily Stauffer has recently been removed from the Emily Sauffer thread to a thread dedicated to her suspected killer. Sorry, i once had the link, see- Ross Kleman
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:28:52 AM by D1 »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 04:33:26 AM »

I do believe that Stephanie Stuart was abducted. With what was missing from her house, and the leaving of HER vehicle, a pot boiling dry on the stove....

Even for those who say Stephanie Stuart could have gone for a walk, why the Blankets, and Pillows? The tower looked over Highway 18. Many missing from there. Did Stephanie Stuart SEE something Bad?

Some of us long ago had a theory that maybe bodies were being dropped from small planes into the thick bush.

I believe that 70+ year old Stephanie Stuart met with foul play!!

Look at all the Fire Towers, in Alberta alone!!She would have special high quality binoculars. She was trained, worked there for years.

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/wildfires/pdf/Map_1.pdf

D1

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 01:52:59 PM »
From the Emily Stauffer/ Kleman discussion;

This is a small guy and we've talked before about the Edmonton killer being a small guy because most of the women who have been murdered were petit. I would like to put up a list of women and girls along HOT, in Alberta and in Saskatchewan in the past 25 years who are blonde.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

Hey Des!!! :)

Brianna Torvalson was blonde, and her body left by a driveway in Sherwood Park. I think it was Feb.21st/08. As usual, there have been no updates, nor has anyone been caught.From what I understand, she was last seen at the Transit Hotel.

Her body was found the next day. I think the killer wanted the body found. Both Svekla, and Laboucan were in jail. Briscoe still left wandering around..... >:( >:(

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 12:29:24 AM »

Yes, there were a few. The lady bartender actually called the newspaper, when the gals started to go missing. I should find that article.She also apparently called the police, a few years back.

Alder

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
I always think about Stephanie's case and if it was such an isolated area, why would anyone happen on that place. Why would anyone just happen on this place if it was so isolated. It would almost have to be someone that knew Stephanie was there by herself. Someone that knew her. Because most of those places it is not usually a woman that is the person that cares for the fire towers, at least that is what I think. I certainly wouldn't be brave enough to stay in an isolated area alone. What is the theory. I mean they cannot find a trace of her at all after all the searches that were made, very unusual. It must be very fraustrating for the searchers and the officers who have looked for Stephanie. My prayers go out to her family and I hope that some day they will get some answers. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »
This could very well be an isolated case in which she saw poachers or something she should not have, and the person(s) reacted. since they have no leads it sounds like, it might take a tip to get this moving again.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »
What would they be poachers, what would they be after. It is bear, elk, that would be a protected area, I guess and they wouldn't be allowed to take anything. That is quite possible you are onto something there. But where would they have taken her body???? She must have trusted the person, I have a feeling she knew the person. Why else would they have to kill her, they could have tied her up and gotten away. What is the penalty for poaching ??? ??? I believe Stephanie knew the person and whatever was going down, they killed her because she would blow the whistle on whatever they were up to. Just my feelings on this. Or it could have been a random act of violence, but why get rid of her body so it is never found. They surely wanted no DNA found that could connect them with the crime. Also, were there any surveillance cameras around there?? ::) ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? ???

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »
What would they be poachers, what would they be after. It is bear, elk, that would be a protected area, I guess and they wouldn't be allowed to take anything. That is quite possible you are onto something there. But where would they have taken her body???? She must have trusted the person, I have a feeling she knew the person. Why else would they have to kill her, they could have tied her up and gotten away. What is the penalty for poaching ??? ??? I believe Stephanie knew the person and whatever was going down, they killed her because she would blow the whistle on whatever they were up to. Just my feelings on this. Or it could have been a random act of violence, but why get rid of her body so it is never found. They surely wanted no DNA found that could connect them with the crime. Also, were there any surveillance cameras around there?? ::) ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? ???

Hinton is half an hour away from me, and poachers would be after anything, as it is not close enough to the National park for animals to be protected. fines for poaching can run up to 10's of thousands of dollars, as well as jail time, and loss of hunting privileges in Alberta for a lifetime. Poaching is a big problem around here.. but I myself feel that this had nothing to do with Stephanie's disappearance.. As for Kleman, there is a family connection to Hinton, as his sister & niece reside there, so he was in the area lots.. did he do something to Stephanie? well your guess is as good as mine.. but the speculation is there with people from both towns..

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »
Thanks for the infor Edsonmom. Why would that person go through so much trouble after committing the crime, to get rid of the body. I mean we hear so many times of murders, but they do not go through so much trouble to hide the remains, that is what gets me. I wish some psychic could give some inclination of what was happening here. Like you say, this Kleman was in the area. This crime would have to be committed in the night, if they thought they could remove the body and all and not be seen. I feel so sorry for her family, because she gave so much to her job and obviously loved it. God bless and I do hope they find out what happened to Stephanie. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Alder

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 12:30:01 AM »
It is worth mentioning the details again:

"A pot of water was left boiling on the stove. Police suggest that means she was interrupted during her morning routine.
... several items ... were also missing from the fire tower: two pillows with blue pillow covers, a burgundy bed sheet, a Navajo-patterned duvet and a gold watch.

While it's not much to go on, police hope someone, somewhere, will come forward with information that will help crack the case.
Craig Albers, an RCMP spokesman, said it could be something as seemingly innocuous as a piece of clothing found by a trail. The Mounties have also written to people who have camped in the area in the hope of jogging someone's memory.
"All tips are very actively pursued. Sometimes people find information that they might not think is pertinent," Albers said. "It is better to give us that information and let us decide than to shrug it off."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2008/08/25/fire-tower.html

Doesn't sound like the deed of poachers to me, why would they bother with pillows.  I'm guessing that in the early morning like this, Stephanie had not yet been out looking at anything.  If she had seen something the evening before, she would have called the police right away.  Sounds more like someone who knew Stephanie, or who knew of her, in my opinion.  This happened early on a Saturday morning.  Someone local who was off for the week-end.  Just my thoughts.

Alder

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 02:17:52 AM »
Actually, the bedding & stuff was apparently taken from the cabin, and not from the fire tower like the above article says.

'The Last Link on the Left' has updated their site concerning Stephanie Stewart's disapperance.  They have many pictures of the area and a video.

http://www.lastlinkontheleft.com/e2006other060826.html