Author Topic: Joseph Oliver 11 years for N.L. double killing  (Read 23439 times)

amIam

Re: Joseph Oliver 11 years for N.L. double killing
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 02:09:10 PM »
Yes, this is my opinion. And I agree with you, Oliver was just a patsy and from media reports at that time (and of course no longer available) he said as much and as well  professed his innocence. (Good grief, both Lockyear and Worthman's remains were found buried at the far back of Murrin's parents home in Portugal Cove/ St. Phillips.)
Oliver was not well represented legally..but would it have truly mattered??
There was much in the media initally when the remains were discovered, however that seems to have disappeared as well as the picture of Shelley Stokes with the lead investigators.
Makes me really wonder who exactly is protected and as to why.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
The puppet master seldom reveals himself to take a bow at the end of his performance. Despite the joint statement from the Crown and the defence that Murrin was the shooter, Murrin has been paid off with no more said. Shelly Stokes likely received the 50,000 dollar reward for finding the bodies. She is friends with Murrin's live in juror/ girlfriend. The strings are left dangling, tantalyzing clues but no one to follow..

amIam

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
Not necessarily left dangling D1..
I was unaware that both of us were aware Shelley Stokes was best friends with Murrins g/f..
Certainly makes one wonder re a few other murders and crimes Stokes has been involved with in NF.
To my mind and jmo of course, it's hide in plain sight. 

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 11:40:29 PM »
I wasn't aware that you were aware either. Strange stuff. Welcome to the zoo.

amIam

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »
The puppet master seldom reveals himself to take a bow at the end of his performance.

Great comment D1 and so true.

I wasn't aware that you were aware either. Strange stuff. Welcome to the zoo.

Zoo is an understatement. However, I have read much re Murin crimes and SS's input via the media regarding most.  You know.. I put such stock in her earlier comments re Dana Bradley's murder..on her old  site..I believed her.   

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
I put much stock in what she had to say, too, so am quite surprised to hear this.

Despite that, I'm never been all that convinced it was Murrin who killed Dana, however.

amIam

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »
I realize this is not the correct thread re Dana, however, what makes you feel Murrin was not responsible?
The killer left her remains in a posed and gentle and IMO remorseful fashion, and to my mind, one who knew Dana and whom perhaps Dana knew quite well to see.     

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »
And that is why I don't believe it was Murrin, amIam.

From what is known of him, I just do not see Murrin leaving her remains that way.  Also, I believe Dana did know her killer.  I think it unlikely (though have no way of knowing for sure) that Dana knew Murrin.

I only brought the subject of Dana up because I know many people do see him as a prime suspect.

amIam

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »
RubyRose, I have never been of the mind either that Murrin was involved.
I am on the wrong thread but Murrin is accused everywhere.  I have no idea either as to Dana's killer but it was not Murrin.  The person who murdered her took great care to lay her out as if she were just reclining and complete with her school books ( from what I have read) and left her somewhat lovingly.

Feel free moderators to move my comments to the Dana Bradley thread or for that matter remove them entirely.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »
Once Joe Oliver implicated Murrin as the shooter for Worthman and Lockyer and the Crown agreed, it was impossible to seperate Joe from Murrin and Murrin comes with a ton of baggage that is a nightmare for anyone to sort through. Who really knows what all went on on with him in the past. Guess you would have to be there right Joe? Doubt anyone else will try this tactic again. All your comments are fine imo.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:04:55 PM by D1 »

amIam

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »
Joe Oliver was doomed from the beginning, IMO..interesting that SS's name crops up yet again and with Murrin's no less.

http://www.mindytran.com/j%20oliver%201.htm

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 11:56:36 PM »
From the above article, even more interesting ! Joe didn't have a chance.
Oliver claims he was �freaked out� by a call he received from a senior lawyer who has or did represent two people he�s been ordered to stay away from � namely Shannon Murrin and Shelly Stokes.

That lawyer, Bill Collins, also happens to be chairman of the Legal Aid Commission�s appeal board.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 11:44:47 AM »
Below:
Joe Oliver's Police Interview. Oliver told investigators Shannon Murrin killed Worthman and Lockyer.

There is also an article at this link in regard to the murders. Scroll down to view article.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2B9QZBKS8

D1

• View Profile