Author Topic: Nikki Lysanewitch - MISSING - July 1994 - Bobcaygeon/Kawartha Lakes/Oshawa  (Read 12148 times)

Shwa

• View Profile

December 7th, 2009 OPP News Release:

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/index.php?id=405&nid=96

OPP Missing/Unidentified profile page:

http://www.missing-u.ca/MPDetail.aspx?PersonID=708

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Nikki Lysanewitch - MISSING - July 1994 - Bobcaygeon/Kawartha Lakes/Oshawa
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:21:29 AM »
You kind of gotta wonder if the police released these at the same time because they feel they are related.

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:41:49 AM »
That was my first thought.  I think it mentions it in the police news release, but they are not totally specific about it.

valpar3030

• View Profile
Did any of you know Nikki?  If so I'd love to talk with you.

Jb

• View Profile
nikki was my friend for many years
I seen nikki all the time until May 94 he came to see me told me he was in trouble I figured with the police ,
knowing him well  I thought he was running from the police ... but know i think that I was wrong..
he was hanging with REALLY bad people he may of ripped them off and got killed.. or may be he OD and someone burred him. Has many one ID the body they found in 05? I tried to find his mom,sisters,cousins but with no luck.
Even though Nikki's been a real idoit at times I loved him with all my heart. we've been friends since 1978
went to school together hung out and remained close friends for years .. well untill 1994 I thought he was in jail  I"ve been looking for Nikki for awhile I emailed opp back in 05 when the body was found noone got back to me.
I have a thousand question but dont know where to start.
Do u know anything??
this bothers me alot does anyone know where Mrs ****is or Nikki's sisters Tonya and Marjana  are ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:13:07 AM by debbiec »

jobo

• View Profile
Jb   The OPP say that the remains found in The City of Kawartha Lakes in 2005, are unrelated to Nikki's disappearance....There is a thread on this webiste on his disappearance.  His pick-up truck was found at the airport, I believe. 

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
You kind of gotta wonder if the police released these at the same time because they feel they are related.
Am i correct in assuming the two press releases in the first post are to explain he goes also by a alias?

Jb

• View Profile
yes  I know that the opp said the 2 cases are unrelated ...but ..
how did they come to that conclusion ? Does the OPP have Nikki's DNA ?
or did anyone Id the body found?
Nikki had no dental work on his bottom teeth BUT did where braces on top teeth. .  he had problems with Arthritis he was always complaining to me he was sore.
plus his life style would effect his bones ,
why did the opp air the 2 cases together? do they think they are related but cant put them together?
soon when the weather gets better I'm going to bobcaygeon to ask these and many more questions....
I'll find what happened  Nikki if it takes me my life time.

jobo

• View Profile
Jb;  Yes, I wondered the same thing about the OPP.  If they ruled out the remains as not being Nikki's then who's are they?  Not another word about it as far as I can remember.  They must have more info.... when you can, get up there, and start asking, some questions should be answered.  Perhaps the police obtained DNA from Nikki's family, or determined the remains were female.  Like I say I never heard again.

LittleLady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »
He has a son and a granddaughter, it's sad he never met them.

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 10:00:04 PM »
He has a son and a granddaughter, it's sad he never met them.

Im sorry to hear that :( Are you a family member?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 02:34:37 AM »
Welcome, LittleLady.  Well that certainly is tragic if Nikki had a son and didn't even know he was a dad, and now has missed out on being a grandad.  I have not seen any more up-dates in the local papers about Nikki.....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:04:43 AM by jobo »

LittleLady

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »
Yes I knew Nick, and I know his son as I am his Mother. I have spent years wondering what happened to him and his son would have liked to meet his father. Nick was into some crazy shit back in the day(which is when I left in 92). I always hoped he turned his life around and would some day meet his boy. Now his son is a father and again it is very sad he disappeared. Nick did not use drugs so an OD is out of the question.

I really hope that the reason his truck was at the airport is because he jumped on a plane and left the country. I like to think he is living somewhere far away with a family......not deceased. If he did have to leave for reasons unknown to me, I hope he reads this and knows his son is doing well and he has a beautiful granddaughter.

Until there is proof I refuse to believe he is dead although I understand it is a possibility and made peace which each scenario years ago. The police seem to think he is deceased and the investigation has gone cold. We may never know what really happened.

Peace
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:39:49 PM by LittleLady »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 06:02:01 AM »
Little Lady:  I am adding this link for you to read, in case you haven't.  Did Nikki by chance, know this guy, or anyone that hung out at that farm?
http://www.mykawartha.com/mykawartha/article/125014

Apr 27, 2007 - 2:51 AM
Killer pleads guilty to teen's murder

Former Cameron resident John Robertson brought the same cold stare to court on Wednesday that he maintained throughout his murder trial in 2005.
But, Nancy Richard stared just as coldly at the convicted murderer in a Newmarket courtroom, watching as he was sentenced to life in prison for killing a second person - her niece, Michelle Robichaud, a teen whose skull he fractured. 
Mr. Robertson, 43, was convicted of second-degree murder in connection with Ms Robichaud's death in May of 2000.
His sentence on Wednesday will be served concurrently.
Mr. Justice Edwin Minden heard the case at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
The former Cameron resident, already serving a life sentence after being convicted in 2005 for killing Kent Knights four years earlier, pleaded not guilty to the charge of first-degree murder, laid by Kawartha Lakes OPP last year.
But, after several pretrial hearings, Mr. Robertson agreed to a joint submission by defense counsel Dirk Derstine and Crown prosecutor Ron Davidson, choosing instead to plead guilty to the lesser charge of second-degree murder in Michell's death.
He also waived his right to a jury trial, opting to have his case decided by a judge.
Justice Minden said the case, originally scheduled in Lindsay, was moved to Newmarket to avoid further delays because a Superior Court justice was not available to come to Lindsay when Mr. Robertson decided to enter a guilty plea.
Ms Robichaud, who was 17 when she died on May 11, 2000, would have celebrated her 24th birthday on April 14.
Her skeletal remains lay hidden for almost two years in the Cameron barn on the farm rented by Mr. Robertson, until police discovered them in June of 2002.  They were at the farm investigating the murder of Mr. Knights, a boarder at the farm Mr. Robertson was renting.  Mr. Knights was beaten to death at the Highway 35 property in December, 2001 and his body later buried on a property near Gooderham in Haliburton County that Mr. Robertson owned.
Mr. Robertson was convicted of first-degree murder in that case in June, 2005 and sentenced to life imprisonment.
After an intense, four-year investigation, Kawartha Lakes OPP investigators charged Mr. Robertson last year with first-degree murder in connection with Ms Robichaud's death.
Mr. Robertson appeared devoid of any emotion throughout the proceedings on Wednesday, as he sat in the prisoner's box.
Ms Robichaud's mother, Claudette Richard, her aunt, Nancy Richard and her sister, Tina Robichaud, were among the family members in court.
Other seats were filled with the OPP detectives who had put years of  "full-time work into this investigation," one of their supervising officers noted.
"They never stopped working on this case; not for one day."
The Crown read a summary of the case into evidence.  Unlike a trial, it merely outlined the facts, thus sparing Ms Robichaud's family from hearing the graphic details.
But several family members sobbed as Mr. Davidson read a part of the pathologist's report that said the young woman died of two severe blows to the head "from a heavy instrument."
Her skull was fractured on both sides.
The details were sparse, outlining the facts without saying exactly what happened when Ms Robichaud died or why.
Court heard the teenager, who lived in the Oshawa area, left home at 15 but regularly kept in touch with her family, returning for visits and calling often.
In 2000, Ms Robichaud enjoyed using a phone chatline, Durham Chit Chat, which enabled people to call and talk to others.
She also visited people in the Lindsay area that she met through the chat line.
On the day leading to her death, she was with friends at Lindsay Square Mall. She called another friend from a pay phone for a ride, ending up at the woman's home, the court heard.
One of the people she met there was John Robertson.
Later that night, Mr. Robertson drove the teenager to the Robertson farm, where she was killed in the early hours of May 11.
Court heard that Mr. Robertson put her body in the trunk of his car, drove it to the barn and put it up in the loft, covering it with a layer of hay.
He then got rid of the clothes soaked with the teenager's blood at a neighbour's house and got a second neighbour to drive him to Fenelon Falls to a friend's house.
Once there, he asked the man to help him establish an alibi, saying he had gotten into a fight with a man at a bar and believed he killed him.
Court heard Mr. Robertson told his friend he had dumped the man's body and needed the friend to cover his whereabouts that night.
The friend refused.
Court heard that the murder went undetected until the search of the Cameron farm in connection with the 2001 Kent Knights investigation.
In the interim, family waited and wondered what had happened to Ms Robichaud.
Justice Minden and the court listened to victim impact statements from the murdered girl's mother, aunt and sister. With a glance at the stony-faced killer, the judge gently told the family members to "take your time."
Ms Robichaud's mother, Claudette Richard, now suffering from breast cancer, said there was "a hole in my heart that will never be filled."
She described watching a sleeping Michelle one night as a baby in her crib, thinking how lucky she was and how awful it must be for a parent to lose a child.
"I never would have dreamed that years later I'd have homicide detectives at my door telling me she was dead."
Ms Richard said the loss of her daughter destroyed her physical and emotional health.
A sobbing Tina Robichaud, Michelle's sister, told the court she, too, has suffered, dropping out of school and trying to cope with emotional and health problems. She said she would give anything "to be able to have another fight with my sister."
"I hate having to face the harsh reality of not having her in my future," she said. "Whenever I hear about all the murders that go on, whenever I see a barn, I think of her. I am not like other people anymore."
Nancy Richard spoke in a quiet voice, wiping away her tears as she grimly said the words she'd waited so long to say.
"When her remains were found...and the description (of the victim), I read about it in the paper. I was hoping it wasn't her...for two years we wondered why she didn't come home."
"She couldn't come home," she said bitterly. "She was left in a barn like an animal...I still look for her - maybe that's because we had no body."
Many of the officers who had been involved with the investigation since the beginning wept as they listened to the descriptions of the terrible toll Michelle's murder has taken on the family.
Mr. Robertson appeared to be detached from the process, staring at the floor or off into the distance.
The Crown asked for sentence of life imprisonment with no chance of parole for 15 years. Mr. Derstine asked the court to consider that by agreeing to the plea, Mr. Robertson had spared the family and the court a costly and drawn-out trial.
He emphasized he was in no way taking away from the seriousness of the crime or the suffering the family has endured.
Justice Minden said he could have imposed the sentence with no chance at parole until the accused served between 10 and 20 years. But he added he felt agreeing to the joint submission "by two very experienced counsel" was a fair sentence, and decided to grant the Crown's request.
"But, that means you are eligible to apply for parole in 15 years, not that you're going to get parole," he warned.
The judge made no effort to disguise his loathing for the murder of the teenager, noting the crime's brutality and heinousness.
He called Mr. Robertson "cold-hearted, callous and self-interested," noting he shows no remorse and was calculating enough to try and cover up the crime.
He said Mr. Robertson and Ms Robichaud had been "total strangers just hours before her death; she had no idea who he really was."
In passing his sentence, the judge said Mr. Robertson's history of serious criminal violence and two murders within a year and a half made him "a very dangerous man" for whom "rehabilitation is not in the cards."
Asked if Mr. Robertson had anything to say, the killer replied, "No."
The judge ordered him removed from the courtroom, which remained silent for several minutes after the door closed behind him.
Outside the court, Michelle's mother clutched a stuffed toy as she bowed her head and wept.
And, the core team of detectives who also waited almost five years for that day - Dan Obress, Marsha Corbett, Al MacDonald and Cindy Baldree, shared tears, hugs and handshakes with the family and each other.
With tears in her eyes, Nancy Richard said she couldn't say enough about the officers who worked so hard on the case.
"I can't begin to tell you how dedicated they were, and how good they were to us," she said.
She added the conviction would at least bring the family some closure.

LittleLady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 04:45:04 PM »
Very sad. I have no idea the names are unknown to me.
All the best.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:50:06 PM by LittleLady »