Author Topic: Theresa Ann Gregory - PEI - Missing - 1982  (Read 19501 times)

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa Ann Gregory - PEI - Missing - 1982
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »
He sounds like a coward to me. Killing himself 10 years after she "disappeared"....quilty conscience? Did he think they were going to find her so he killed himself to get out?
What do the kids think of him? I know it's their Dad and all but he probably lied to them about a lot of things.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »
Sometimes the kids of a wife murderer wind up supporting their dad even if it looks very much like he killed their mom. I don't know what went on in this case but I'm thinking of others such as the Betty Belshaw case years ago - murder of a Vancouver woman in Switzerland while she was vacationing with her husband.

July

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 08:37:24 AM »
http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/Regional/2010-05-14/article-1289290/Woman-certain-unearthed-clothes-belong-to-long-lost-sister/1

Woman certain unearthed clothes belong to long-lost sister
Jim Day Published on May 14, 2010

Cheryl Doherty is certain clothes she recently unearthed with the help of police belonged to her long-lost sister who for years has been feared to be a victim of murder.
 "We believe they are her clothes,'' Doherty of Vernon River told The Guardian.
 "There is no doubt about that. It is pretty heartbreaking digging through those clothes.''
 Police confirmed Thursday that RCMP investigators were contacted last November by family members of Theresa Ann Gregory, who disappeared on June 21, 1982, from her home in Bangor, P.E.I., advising they had dug up clothing and personal items next to a farmer's field in the Bangor area.
 RCMP Sgt. Bob Fogarty says investigators and family members searched the area for the next two days. Police seized clothing, footwear and personal items that had been in the earth an extended period of time. The items were determined to be from the 1970s-80s era.
 Fogarty says family members advised investigators that the recovered items appeared to be of similar size and style worn by Gregory. As a result, some of the items were sent to the RCMP forensic lab where attempts to obtain a DNA profile proved negative. The recovered items, adds Fogarty, have been secured should they be required for future investigation.
 Early this month, RCMP members and the P.E.I. Ground Search and Rescue Team searched the same area of the farmer's field. Bones were recovered but a forensic anthropologist determined them to be animal bones.
 Gregory's daughter, Patricia MacKinnon of Souris, joined Doherty on Nov. 21, both with shovel in hand, to follow up on a tip Doherty says she passed along to police more than 15 years ago. The pair went to a location less than one kilometre from the home where, at the time of her disappearance, Gregory was living with her husband Kenny Gregory and the couple's two children, MacKinnon and Donnie Gregory.
 MacKinnon says a belt and a sweater that were unearthed among bags of clothing and other personal items matched those worn by her mother in photographs.
 "I was in shock ... all that was going through my head was why would someone want to throw out all their belongings ... this looks like everything that one person would have in their closet and dresser drawers,'' she said.
 "I didn't want to believe they were her things ... for a lot of years I thought she would walk through my door.''
 Today, though, both MacKinnon and Doherty believe that Kenny Gregory killed his wife. Kenny Gregory, who committed suicide in 1992, had according to numerous witness accounts been physically abusive towards his wife up until her disappearance almost 28 years ago.
 At the urging of MacKinnon and Doherty, RCMP turned to the public in November for help to solve the cold case.
 Investigators have received about 25 tips since taking a fresh look at the case.
 One full-time lead investigator is working on the file while additional officers are brought in as the ongoing investigation warrants.
 "It's open,'' said Fogarty.
 "We're working hard on it.''
 Doherty concedes to being impatient with seeing the investigation move forward. Still, she praises the effort of the RCMP.
 "I still feel good about it,'' she said.
 "The lead investigator (Const.) Sheldon Clouter is working very hard on this investigation ... as long as they are doing all they can do, that is all I can ask for.''
 Yet both Doherty and MacKinnon were perplexed and frustrated with police not making public the discovery of clothing in November.
 MacKinnon contacted The Guardian earlier this week to get the story out in hopes of advancing the investigation by sparking more leads for police.
 Fogarty, though, notes police had good cause to remain mum on the potential development in the case.
 "We have a lot of work left to do and we have a lot of work lined up and we don't want that interrupted,'' he said.
 Fogarty says investigators will be revisiting this spring the same area where the clothes were unearthed to utilize different investigative techniques and aids to search the ground.
 Doherty has already drawn her own conclusions as to what the buried clothes reveal.
 She notes when her sister first disappeared she always asked where did all of Theresa Ann Gregory's clothes go.
 "If you walked into that house you would never had known she had lived there,'' she said of the days following her sister's disappearance.
 "Everything was gone except her car and her kids.''
 MacKinnon says her father, Kenny Gregory, told police that all of Theresa Ann Gregory's personal items were gone when she went missing.
 She says evidence "is telling me'' that Kenny Gregory killed his wife and buried all her personal items.
 "Her things were gathered and discarded to make it look like she had left and took her clothes,'' added Doherty.
 She says a woman who is in a hurry to leave to escape possible harm or continued abuse would not pack every single item she owns. She would just get out.
 Doherty says after unearthing clothes and other personal items she believes belonged to her sister she feels the search to find Theresa Ann Gregory's remains is growing closer.
 "We are slowly getting some answers,'' she said.
 "We're still hopeful here. We're still at it. We're trying to find closure.''
 Anyone who has information regarding Theresa Ann Gregory's disappearance is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

July

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 08:39:45 AM »
http://www.peicrimestoppers.com/missingpersons.php

MISSING PERSON - THERESA ANN GREGORY

The family of Theresa Ann Gregory (Byrne) are requesting the help of the public with any information on the June 21, 1982 disappearance of Theresa Ann from her home in Bangor, PEI.

There has been no contact with her children or her family for 27 years and all avenues in finding her have been exhausted by the police and family members.

At the time of her disappearance, she is described as a white female, 30 years old, 61 kg (135 lb), 167 cm tall ( 5'6" ) and had red wavy hair and blue eyes.

The family believe that foul play led to her disappearance and wish to find her remains for proper burial.

Investigator: S/Sgt. Ray McCORMACK - Kings District RCMP

Anyone who has information regarding this crime or any other crimes on PEI is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477(TIPS)