Author Topic: Jeffrey Gordon Murray - Jan. 21, 1986 - Age 13 - Missing - Dartmouth, NS  (Read 22817 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Jeffrey Gordon Murray - Jan. 21, 1986 - Age 13 - Missing - Dartmouth, NS
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »
Now, I found it.  Chris started a thread under Unidentified Remains, under Regina.  The two are the same. Potentially. ??
JB

Thanks for pointing that out JB.

I've posted a link to the thread you are referring to, rather than merging the two topics because there is the possibility that the remains could be those of Jeffrey Gordon Murray, but that is not yet known. 

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,38.0.html

t-lynne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
I have recieved word from an investigator with MCSC(Dan Picken) and he has passed on info to the Regina cold case unit for further investigation...

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »
I have recieved word from an investigator with MCSC(Dan Picken) and he has passed on info to the Regina cold case unit for further investigation...

Thank you for the update t-lynne.

WonderingOne

• View Profile
Has there been any update on Jeff's case since it was sent to the cold case unit? I grew up with his sister and I think about him often.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
We have not heard anything yet. Sometimes these can take months or years. BUt we sure do hope we learn quick!

What do people close to Jeffrey think happened?

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
Some pictures.

map

• View Profile
I knew Jeff very well, went to school with him and we hung out everyday. Was with him the night that he went missing along with other friends in the mall, he said that night that he was going to run away and try to hitchhike to b.c to his cousins place but at the time him saying that was like a "cry wolf" kind of scenario due to the fact he said similar things in the past and always went home by the end of the night, unfortunately he went through with it that night and I never seen or heard from him since. Approximately 27 years later and he's still on my mind and would like to know what happened after that last night in the mall.

databrain

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 11:21:04 PM »
This boy really reminds me of Cameron March who went missing from Burlington, Ontario in 1975 at the age of 4, never found.  The face and age line up.

Could it be the same kid?     http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=851.0

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/221dmns.html

wendy-jo

• View Profile
does anyone know where this child-Jeffrey Murray-went missing from? everything i see just says -Dartmouth- but where in Dartmouth did he go missing from?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
does anyone know where this child-Jeffrey Murray-went missing from? everything i see just says -Dartmouth- but where in Dartmouth did he go missing from?

It appears that the last place he was known to be may have been an arena (or possibly an outside skating rink), as the clip below says he was dropped off by his father for a morning hockey game. It is not clear whether he actually remained for the game, once he was dropped off. Apparently there were reported sightings of him in the Dartmouth area a few days after his disappearance, however it is not clear if any of those sightings were confirmed. 

Circumstances of Disappearance
Murray was last seen in his hometown of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada on January 21, 1986, when he failed to show up for school after being dropped off by his father for a morning hockey game. There were reported sightings of him in the Dartmouth area a few days after his disappearance.

wendy-jo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 10:41:42 AM »
Thanks, I see they think he is someone they found out west. I was asking because my great niece and I were talking and she said that around 2005ish or so ( I cant remember now ) she was at a small body of water in Cole Harbour area ,off the pathway, and she saw black snow- type pants at the waters edge, she poked it with a stick and swears that there were bones ! She was terrified and ran home never to mention it again until she told me and i started looking for missing ppl.

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »
Wendy-Jo Can you share where you found he may be in BC?

Also the best friend said he left the night before, the Dad said he dropped him off to hockey which is true? Did he run away, that night the next morning, or not at all?

Databrain what are you suggesting, Cameron was abducted, taken to NS, renamed, then he ran away from his abductor?

Wow wonder if his buddy Map can share more about why Jeffery often wanting to run away, did he live with parents or a father only, did he look like his Dad? Any other relatives around, what was the cousin's name?

Another poster knew his sister, does the sister share details of life at home?

If he threatened running away in the past I doubt the initial investigation was steadfast and unless a tip or further evidence turned up, the sightings in Dartmouth would be considered accurate and no further investigation, he ran away, period. 

So if your thought is accurate Databrain; then a kidnapper would not push detectives to look for him and police think runaway, could he have been killed by the abductor/father the night he last saw his buddy at the mall, maybe he went home to get something?

Did anyone confirm he was at hockey practice or was it Dad's word only that he dropped him off? What was he wearing? January in NS is COLD and snowy. Did he have money? Hitch hiking from NS to BC is a long haul, and like searching for MH370 in the Indian Ocean, where to look?

Logical

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »
I got the impression that his Dad dropped him off at the hockey rink in the morning, and his friend MAP and other buddies were at the mall that nite.  I got the impression that Jeffrey stayed out all day with his buddies (never did return home from the hockey rink),since that was the last time his father saw him.

Perhaps Jeffrey was a handful and a concern to his family.  Difficult to reign in?? Age 13 can prove to be a difficult age to raise.  However,  I don't feel that his Dad had anything to do with his disappearance.

Sightings in Dartmouth? - I don't think that they were accurate sightings either (imo). False sightings are very common when a person goes missing.

A 13 year old out in the cold in January day after day? No way. In my opinion, Jeffrey would want a good hot meal and a warm bed in his own room.

To quote MAP "unfortunately he went through with it that night and I never seen or heard from him since." (to hitch hike to cousin's in BC)

Did the boys see Jeff hitch hike? - or did they come to that conclusion when Jeff went missing?" 

In my own opinion, something terrible happened to Jeffrey that very nite. :'(

JB

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:02:59 PM by jellybean »

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »
Ah yes thank you JB, I did not think of it as the same day, that makes more sense.

I too think something sad has happened to him, N.S. To B.C. Hitch hiking, wow from one side of Canada to the other that is a long trip.

If he did run away and make it to Quebec or Ontario he could have decided to stay there, or any other province along the way, but if the cousin never heard from him again, that is strange, he felt he would be safe there with his cousin.

Logical

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 11:00:08 AM »
I can't see a 13 year old kid standing on the highway in January freezing weather at nite - hitch hiking either.
My opinions are partly based upon when I think of my own sons when they were 13. 

He never left town (in my opinion).  He may have been afraid to go home - as he was late -might of dallied, perhaps he even went to a spot where he would go in the summer, and he had some accident and froze to death.

I would ask his friends who are now adults - if they had a summer spot where they hung out. It is well worth the asking, and well worth the looking.

JB
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:17:41 AM by jellybean »