Author Topic: Samantha Dawn Toole - age 6 - Murdered - October 2, 1993 - Saint John, NB  (Read 71498 times)

echoes

• View Profile
Re: Samantha Dawn Toole - age 6 - Murdered - October 2, 1993 - Saint John, NB
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »
thank you :)

echoes

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:14:09 PM by echoes »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2014, 05:20:14 AM »
I just re-read the first few posts on this thread for Samantha, and the thing that sticks out, is that the DNA does not match George Pitt's. 
Another point that upset me is they are saying it is not normal to do laundry at 4 a.m....what an insane thing to say.  I do laundry whenever I feel like it, and when necessary, if that means in the middle of the night, then that is when I do it.  To use laundry at that time of night as proof someone is guilty of murder is a huge stretch.
I presume they took DNA samples of anyone else in the house that night?  And, none matched??

I cannot imagine how hard this is for you echoes, and sister2....and for George Pitt, if he is truly innocent.

echoes

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
A horrible crime and I do remember this, because it was so brutal. Mr. Pitt should get another trial. A horrible thing to happen if this man is innocent. Because Mr. Pitt had troubles over his lifetime possibly put him in the wrong place at the wrong time. It should be looked into to see if he can get a new trial. He certainly deserves it, considering the actions that went on in the police department on the mother's call for help. They should have been fired, no police officer should conduct himself in that manner. Their job is to protect citizens, that is what they are getting paid for. This was one time that it was no laughing matter, when a call for help went out. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Everyone picks on the police and yes they made a mistake...but why is no one asking questions of the services put out there to protect the children when they are alive and called upon.  Why were these numerous calls by so many different people not followed up? Why weren't warning flags triggered and action taken at the second or third call?

Edited to add this paragraph...
Those who sit there and say no one tried to help Samantha, surely you realize that if you are not the parent and you have no outside or official help, the law is on custodial parent's side. The father could not come in and take Samantha without being charged with abduction. The sister could not take or have a say in anything without anyone intervening and authorities helping, Samantha's sisters could not help, the friend, the ex wife of the father, a teacher...no one could step in and take action without children s aid first moving on this, Sam did have those who loved her and who had to sit by helplessly and watch what was happening to Sam even before her death. The only thing we could do was be there for her. Authorities would not help
and would not make that first move.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:48:06 PM by echoes »

echoes

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
Who would have known that upon reading all this, how raw the emotions again would get, how the heart stutters in pain, how this tragedy shreds and even brings up more anger pointing out that more healing is needed.
Who would have known that more secrets and falsehoods be unveiled and found out.
Who would have known that here, i would meet more family and beautiful people who loved Samantha and who helped make her life more bearable when she was alive.

This past weekend there are positives as I found out that Samantha had more people in her life who did love her, who did try to help (i thought i was alone in those times) and family who share with Samantha, many beautiful moments and happy times. Samantha knew more love.  I found out Samantha's Father was involved in her life and loved her very much. I found out Samantha had other two sisters who loved her very much and a caring and loving ex wife...and they all made a difference in her life when no one else would.

The secrets blow me away, i should know better but to the extent i hear about...i just....it just blows me away.

Thank you Sister2 for coming on here and posting, thank you for talking to me. Thank you Mom of both sisters and other sister for contacting me as well.

and NavyPerfume, you deleted your posts on here but I wish to apologize. I also found out that although Gloria was first baptized Anglican, she was indeed re-baptized into the Mormons. You were right.  The days I was not in court, Gloria also dressed in skirts and brought her bible.  I apologize again. I should have verified my own facts.  We have so many secrets in our family, this was only one...and a less harmful one. She did tell you many lies but these were true.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2014, 02:33:48 PM »
Who would have known that upon reading all this, how raw the emotions again would get, how the heart stutters in pain, how this tragedy shreds and even brings up more anger pointing out that more healing is needed.
Who would have known that more secrets and falsehoods be unveiled and found out.
Who would have known that here, i would meet more family and beautiful people who loved Samantha and who helped make her life more bearable when she was alive.

This past weekend there are positives as I found out that Samantha had more people in her life who did love her, who did try to help (i thought i was alone in those times) and family who share with Samantha, many beautiful moments and happy times. Samantha knew more love.  I found out Samantha's Father was involved in her life and loved her very much. I found out Samantha had other two sisters who loved her very much and a caring and loving ex wife...and they all made a difference in her life when no one else would.

The secrets blow me away, i should know better but to the extent i hear about...i just....it just blows me away.

Thank you Sister2 for coming on here and posting, thank you for talking to me. Thank you Mom of both sisters and other sister for contacting me as well.

and NavyPerfume, you deleted your posts on here but I wish to apologize. I also found out that although Gloria was first baptized Anglican, she was indeed re-baptized into the Mormons. You were right.  The days I was not in court, Gloria also dressed in skirts and brought her bible.  I apologize again. I should have verified my own facts.  We have so many secrets in our family, this was only one...and a less harmful one. She did tell you many lies but these were true.

Echoes, you owe no apology to anyone.  Your pain is deep and searing, and you are blameless.
At times with group thinking, that surrounds you during this crisis,  it becomes confusing.

God bless you.

JB
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:38:46 PM by jellybean »

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2014, 02:40:26 PM »
I agree with jellybean, Echoes.

I am very glad to see you posting again.

echoes

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »
I have edited many of my posts to be more respectful towards family members.
What I said is not my business to tell.

Thank you.

Kyledavid16

• View Profile
For anyone that believes George Pitt may me innocent or at the very least deserves a new trial, please sign this petition.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/new-trial-for-george-pitt.html

Christina MacSween

• View Profile
It is a terrible shame 'then again this little girl has been dead since 1993'.  Surely this outpouring of sadness touches and speaks for us all.

I hope she has family that will see the case through to the end, or that we can do that for her with positive input and facts that will assist LE, as lax as they seem to be on this case.

Thank You
I am Samantha's Oldest sister, and I have never given up the fight for justice... I only hope that someday justice will prevail and the true person responsible for this will spend the rest of their lives in prison. Samantha  had 4 sister's (including Ruthie) and she has a whole host of aunts uncles and cousin on her dad's side of the family that firmly believe justice has not been served. Contrary to comments that have been made, Samantha's dad lived with Gloria and Samantha right up until Samantha was almost 4.She has a family on her dad's side who loved her very much but no one was allowed any contact with her because Gloria refused us to see her. I am 7 years older than Sam and we were very close, we were the spitting image of each other to the point that people who see our pictures from grade 1 pictures can not tell the difference between us. TODAY MY SISTER WOULD HAVE TURNED 31 if her life had not been cut so short. I am calling for people to please help me bring awareness to Sam's case, get it back in the spotlight. This May will be 24 years that an innocent man will be in prison he is due to be released in May 2019. Sam's family would love to have him released from prison and have his name cleared

Christina MacSween

• View Profile
Actually Lanes End Child protective services were involved they took the 2 yr old for about a week. And I'm sorry but your comment about it being to late for Samantha I find EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE AS I AM SAMANTHA'S SISTER

Christina MacSween

• View Profile
Gloria had 4 children in total..oldest was a boy and he was given up for adoption. She told me her parents made her give him up. 2nd child was a girl and I believed she called her April. She told me that she gave her up cause she looked too much like her father. Then there was Samantha and the baby at the time was Ruthie. I did live with them for a while back then.

Navyperfume, Gloria did not give up her first born because of her parents...that was completely her choice and it about destroyed the family who was bending over backwards to help her keep him.

You are correct in posting that Gloria had 4 children. Yes she had a son at 16 that she gave up for adoption. Then she had Samantha. After Samantha she had "April" who was also adopted but then had her name changed and then finally she had her last child Ruthie. I know this because I am Samantha's half sister

Christina MacSween

• View Profile
My heart aches for Samantha, I remember her very well, and the last time I saw her she was smiling. Two weeks after this she went missing and I never saw her again. I've thought about her over the years. We were the same age. She was extremely nice.

After reading the countless of posts on here, I am really shocked that people think Steven Miller had something to do with this awful crime. My family sheltered us children from the media and we were not allowed to be around what was happening. It wasn't until I became an adult I realized the awful things that happened to my friend Samantha. My father (Steven Miller) may have been an alcoholic, but he loved children, and I know what type of person George Pitt was. George Pitt and my father grew up together and I remember the awful things he done. The lack of evidence testing is shameful. They should test everything they have. This whole court case has haunted my family. It broke my family up. It shattered my childhood. It also messed up George's children. My heart aches for the loss of Samantha's life. I do not believe for one moment my father had anything to do with this. Joe L was around this little girl also. The media doesn't fully explain Joe's characteristics, however what most people do not know is that he also assaulted children/women, and murdered someone. Joe L has always given me the creeps. I wouldn't trust him.

The Government should reopen the case, test all the evidence they have (hairs, blood, etc), and they should find out if they have the correct killer. My father made mistakes, but he is no killer. He has worked hard to clear his name from this awful murder case, but he never forgets the traumatic experience. People really need to know all parties before they can actually sense what is going on. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinions, but unless you were there, and you witnessed what happened in my life - you don't have a sense of the truth. I was there, although I was just a child, I still remember George as if it was yesterday. They have the right guy.

Truthbetold I'm sorry but I am Samantha's sister and I truly believe your father had something to do with her death. I will continue to shout that from the rooftops til I take my last breath. You say that it destroyed you and your child hood. I was the 13 yr old girl who had to call her father and tell him that his youngest daughter (Samantha) had been murdered talk about destroying someone's childhood... You were around Samantha's age I was older I was a teenager I also lived through this.... SO please don't talk about walking in someone's shoes because you sure as hell would not have wanted to walk a mile in mine during this time

Christina MacSween

• View Profile
I was in my early teens during the trial...my sister and I sat front row and center...heard all the evidence...

People ask where Sam's father was? He is from NS...He was married to my mom and had us 2 girls once he separated he met Gloria and they had Sam...He did stick around for a while but due to Gloria's behavior and the environment he left...he would see Sam along with us when he was in town (he was a truck driver)...we would go and visit Sam on her birthday, Christmas, and other holidays...my mother however did not feel the environment was apprioate for long stays...My father and mother BOTH called the department of social services regarding the environment that Samantha was growing up in, it fell on deaf ears...tho we had concerns of the environment NEVER did we think the outcome of Sam's short life...nor did we have grave fears of George Pitt...he wasn't their concern..

My father could not bring himself to go to the funeral and has visited her grave with us a few times...he no longer can speak about his youngest daughter the pain on his face is very evident...Now that my sister are much older...20years older...we are researching and trying to find justice for our sister...

i sincerely wish this site had sent me emails of replies to this post. i would have greeted you myself. It is good to know Samantha had others to love her and try to save  her from how she lived. To know she had other family who cared...i originally came on this site because a friend of a friend was also murdered in Yarmouth..cold case and came here, thinking there have been no more posts to see this.

none the less, i apologize for any rudeness that might have seemed to have been by lack of response.

Greetings Sister 2. I am Sam's Aunt.
I sadly wonder why i have never met you as i was in Sam's life for the first 4 years and very actively. Sadly, I have never heard of you nor saw you until now. To my knowledge and what the whole family was told, Sam has never seen her father after her birth and there was no mention of siblings or half siblings visiting. Sam spent most of her first four years at her grandparents and with me, especially at Christmas and on her birthdays.

Even at the trial i met Georges family, but i did not meet you. i do wish you would have come over and introduced yourself at some point. If you were in the front, you would have been sitting in front of us...as they sat in the row behind us.

Might i ask a few questions for clarification or perhaps to jog my memory...
Where did your father meet Gloria? Where is Samantha buried? 
Why have you never tried to contact me once while Sam was living or even after her death?
Even here after i introduced myself on here, why did you not try and contact me through here?
Did you not think we could work together on this matter to try and resolve things act as a team towards the same goal?

please contact me, email me...i am interested in what you have done and are trying to accomplish in regards to George, who you have contacted...
we might do more on a united front...dont you agree?

Hello Echoes I am Samantha's oldest sister. I vividly remember My dad and Gloria having an apartment on Guilford Street on the West side your mom and dad lived on the corner of Guildford and Ludlow where your mom continues to live to this day.  Sister 2 and I used to spend weekends with my dad and Gloria at their apartment on Guilford Street...