Author Topic: Samantha Dawn Toole - age 6 - Murdered - October 2, 1993 - Saint John, NB  (Read 76572 times)

amIam

http://www.ottawamenscentre.com/news/20050609_George_Pitt.htm

I am posting the link, the story contained is quite long.  If anyone is interested in this travesty of justice, just click.

I would like to know why George Pitt is still in jail, charged with the crime of raping and murdering little Samantha when the DNA on and in her remains did not match his?

I would like to know that even after the sham of a trial and conviction for murder, the police in Saint John, NB were still investigating Samantha's death? 

I would like to know, why the police officers who caught the missing child call and whose derogatory comments were recorded were never brought before  a tribunal. 

I would also like to know why these police officers have this opinion regarding a single mother of a missing child and why they have such a biased opinion. 

But mostly, since the DNA didn't match and the police were still investigating Samantha's death AFTER Pitt's conviction for her murder..how could this be??

But then again, my opinion is based upon the scant media information and the link from a respected journalist. 

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
There were three people involved in Samantha death.  I don't believe for a minute that only 1 is guilty.  I don't believe for a minute that this precious little girl died of SIDS (Sudden Invant Death Syndrom) she was 6 yrs old not 6 months old.

Give us a break.  The authorities have definitely not done the job in this case.... there was "no justice" for Samantha.  In addition to this, there's in, no doubt, another child molester/s who possibly will strike again, given the opportunity - if they haven't already.

amIam

Lost, the DNA matched no one in the home the evening Samatha was murdered and this is fact backed up by documents obtained by Injustice Busters. 

And why should a case that has resulted in a conviction, still be under investigation?
 And a man is in prison as a result of this wrongful conviction.

I have noted a bit of a confusion here regarding the washing of comforters..seems to be a bit of a fetsh.  I may be totally off base here as this has recently been brought to my
attention, perhaps it's the cyberspace wording..but things as I know them don't fit.

As always, just my opinion

justice

• View Profile
I just wanted to clarify what I believe alot of readers have have misread or misunderstood.  Shewolf stated that Pitt was the father of 3 chiildren with a woman named Melissa, she left them, (one of which was a sick son) in the care of Pitt and when she returned home found her infant daughter dead, not Samantha, this is a seperate scenerio entirely.  This infant girls death was attributed to SIDS not Samantha.  Just wanted to clear that up, now if I have misunderstood what was written, I apologize.  Regardless of this, I feel that it is disgraceful that a child murder-rape case was not investigated through all possible avenues to the fullest capabilities of law enforcement.  This does make me feel how people become vigilanties.  I know if it was my child, nothing but death itself would stop me from finding and punishing the sick bastard(s) who did this or any other child crime.  I am not sure of my stance of Pitt being the murderer, I do have a gut feel he was part of the crime and cover up, I do feel this was a case of sick, disturbed drunken perverts committing a crime that went even more horribly wrong than it began.  I also feel that Mom should have been made to take a lie detector test,(yes I realize LDT's are not admissable in court, but this could have given LE a better idea of how to proceed, I feel that they should be looking still till this day for another murderer/accessory.  Perhaps the mother should have had a psych eval, And finally the officers who initially ignored the call and judged the situation without knowing all details should be brought before somesort of court of law and be made to explain their lack of action, their reason for their bias statements, and most importantly if only the TOD could be determined, perhaps the officers should be charged with obsruction of justice on 2 levels, failing to respond to a 911 call, where a child was missing and for perhaps inadvertantly destroying key crime scene evidence. 
Just my opinions on this case.  Oh and regardless of what the LE thought of single mothers or this particular mother, a child's life was lost, now someone defend that bias for me!

Woodland

• View Profile
Thank-you justice, was trying to post this clarification at the same time as you.  The post by shewolf is very clear that she is speaking of another child.  At no time did shewolf say Samantha was found in her home either.

justice

• View Profile
Your welcome Woodland, I think emotions run hot on here, as most of us here have pure intentions and want to make a difference.  (at least I hope this is case.)  Sometimes I think are eyes bug out after reading all of this info.  I just didn't want to see this case go off on an incorrect path.

amIam

I think emotions run hot on here, as most of us here have pure intentions and want to make a difference.  (at least I hope this is case.)

I as well,  sincerely hope to think that posters here have pure intentions. 

amIam

It's been awhile since the last post on this thread for Samantha Dawn Toole but then again this little girl has been dead since 1993.  George Pitt was convicted of her rape and murder and is
behind bars, although his DNA didn't match and even after his conviction, Saint John, NB police..not to be confused with St. Johns, NF police ( a common mistake for those not familiar with Canada) have continued to investigate Samanatha's murder...( ???)

And recently we had one of those one time wonder posters who made only one. post a very
confusing allegation..and has never returned to back them up with facts.

Woodland

• View Profile
It is a terrible shame 'then again this little girl has been dead since 1993'.  Surely this outpouring of sadness touches and speaks for us all.

I hope she has family that will see the case through to the end, or that we can do that for her with positive input and facts that will assist LE, as lax as they seem to be on this case.

amIam

Samatha Dawn's case was first posted here in October 2009.  She was raped and murdered Oct. 2, 1993.  There was an arrest and a conviction regarding evidence that was never sent for
testing.  This is now in question as the man, George Pitt,  wrongfully convicted of her murder in 1994 has always maintained he was innocent.  And finally a DNA test proved his innocence. 

I doubt very much any investigating we do here will have any effect on either the actual perps aprehension or the less than lax LE.  JMO

It is a terrible shame 'then again this little girl has been dead since 1993'.  Surely this outpouring of sadness touches and speaks for us all.

I hope she has family that will see the case through to the end, or that we can do that for her with positive input and facts that will assist LE, as lax as they seem to be on this case.

SAP

Laxness of Police seems to be a rather common affliction for a very long time. My heart breaks for these little ones subjected to the worst kind of abuse. That is why I don't often comment on them, too emotional.
I really hope as well that family keep pursuing, but with the failure of Police to get proper dna samples, it may be quite a challenge.

If LE have one clue, they need to be able to envision the big picture and strive for more. If they don't know what to do with one clue, maybe they should find another job that doesn't require deep thoughts. IMHO.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Reading this just makes me sick! Children are not objects but are living innocent souls that depend upon us for their care and protection. All too often SOME single women place their children in harm's way with the type of company that they CHOOSE to keep and bring them into their homes. 

Pauline87

• View Profile
I was Samantha's best friend. I was just turing 6 when she was so brutally taken from me. I remember the moment they found her, the police were interviewing me, kneeling down to me at my front door, asking me questions, when her mother ran in screaming she's in the water. Samantha was found in her favorite nightgown, clutching seaweed in both hands, in our own backyard. We lived on Bridge st, which is on the Saint John River, and those men found it to be a suitable place for them to dispose of her, like she wasn't a beautiful young lady, but a used piece of trash. What was once a place i knew as my childhood, i now see as a terrible memory. I live two houses up from where Samantha and i grew up, and i have a little girl of my own, only 9 months. I sometimes think, what if it was me that had to suffer what she did. I'm not here to talk who's guilty, who's not. The people who did it are still in our neighborhood, the police who neglected to look for her, and maybe save her young life still work in the city. Those people will all meet Justice one day, either by God, or Karma. I'm here to remember her as she was, not as a crime. She was the funniest little girl you'd ever meet, and she loved to smile. She was losing her first tooth actually. We spent HOURS playing house, and dreamed we'd raise our babies with our husbands in the same home. Now that i'm raising my daughter with my wonderful boyfriend a stones throw from where we played makes me wish she was still here. As her anniversary approaches, take time to forget the criminals, and remember the little girl who loved Barney, her clear beaded necklace, barbies and playing on the rocks by the river, which later became her grave.
I'll never forget you Samantha, and i still think of you everyday.

SAP

Welcome Pauline87. So very sad this happened. Clutching seaweed to try to help herself...it's a stab in the heart as that sounds as though after all she went through, she was still dumped alive. No justice for the innocent little lives. Hearing things like that makes me fighting mad at those who failed her; amd failed to bring the perps to justice. >:( :( :'(

amIam

Jellybean, not all is what it seems at times.  The imagine of Samantha's mother and her life style has been greatly distorted, however, in the main story..the beginning of this thread, the depiction of the Saint John police and their negligence is bang on, this case is not the first and wasn't the last.

Unfortunately, George Pitt was convicted of little Samanth's murder..but the DNA taken from her tiny remains does not match his.  Her killer has remained free. 

Reading this just makes me sick! Children are not objects but are living innocent souls that depend upon us for their care and protection. All too often SOME single women place their children in harm's way with the type of company that they CHOOSE to keep and bring them into their homes.