Author Topic: Terry Arnold.... Likely Serial Killer  (Read 27387 times)

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Terry Arnold.... Likely Serial Killer
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
What a disturbing encounter with a murderer you had, even if he wasn't Kelly's murderer, the guy was pure evil and harmed everyone who came into his path that he could.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
That was the challenge all along, how do you differentiate between what could be BS based on what Arnold may have just learned from elsewhere and what may actually be the truth?

The things that Arnold said that could not be found anywhere in print would seem the best bet. Identifying the remaining witnesses and presenting them with photos another avenue of persuit.

Arnold claimed to have driven a car back to Alberta for his boss at the same time as Kelly's murder. Another previously unknown potential avenue to investigate.

Arnold was adamant about the exact method by which he attached Kelly to the ropes and cement blocks that held her weighted down in the water. Something not contained in public documents and Arnold vehemently disputing that she was tied by the hands and feet as had apparently been published.. If true, how did he know that?

Then there was a strange funeral home encounter with a person wanting to view Kelly's body. Again more witnesses that may be able to identify a suspect from a photo. 

Arnold spoke of all his other known or suspected victims in the same breath as Kelly Cook and Joanne Pedersen. The others have pretty well been confirmed. Arnold gave a very specific location for where he hid the body of Joanne Pedersen during the same conversation. Finding evidence to link him to either Kelly or Joanne would provide confirmation back and forth for each other. To date, no official investigation has been launched and it does not appear to be welcomed. Joanne"s body has still not been recovered. There are others on this site, or once were, who could recount their experiences in trying to get law enforcement to investigate. It has not and will not come about through normal means or procedure imo.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:38:38 PM by D1 »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 06:41:52 PM »
Another avenue would be to convey the information directly to the relevant next of kin. A tricky thing to do for sure, but if law enforcement is not interested or won't follow up, perhaps the next of kin can apply some heat in order to follow up the leads.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
Tried that, they all have concerns of their own apparently. Mrs. Cook is getting on in years and the youngers don't want to disturb her about this all over again. They have their own children now. And, they have been and still are trusting in the Police to solve the crime even after all these years. The rest is probably just too much for them to deal with. Some families are like that and not much you can do. I'm sure its all well meaning but I'd almost bet Mrs. Cook would be a lttle upset if she knew what was being kept from her.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:06:21 PM by D1 »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »
The discussion about Terry Arnold's involvement in the murder of Kelly Cook was being spread over three threads. This is a link to the continuation of the original discussion pertaining specifically to Kelly Cook. 

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=2167.0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:26:02 AM by D1 »

Bently59

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 04:25:17 AM »
I believe that Terry could have been mistaken for the age difference, He always looked older than other people his age. Growing up in Youth centers until he was 18 would certainly show even more age I think.

Upon his leaving the  Manitoba Youth center as a teen, He in fact  hitch hiked  from Manitoba to Ontario  briefly in December of 1978.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:55:06 AM by Bently59 »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »
You seem to have personal knowledge of Terry Arnold in terms of him "always looking older for his age" and hitchhiking across the country at a young age. If so, can you share any other insider information about him with us that we may not know?

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »
I'm not positive guys, but I think Arnold also made it to NFL and Nova Scotia.  I think I'll try and find out more about that.  One thing I still do believe D1;  I don't know how anybody can read the factual articles about Arnold's activities in Chilliwack and thereabouts, and not realize he is the "most likely" suspect for the abduction of Joanne Pederson.  For the life of me, I can't understand police not totally digging into what you repeated as "straight from the Arnold monster himself"!  I have no trouble believing it.... in addition to that, if you had never revealed on here and elsewhere what Arnold told you while you were "just a lad" yourself.... With all I've read and learned about Arnold, he is the suspect I would come up with for little Joanne's disappearance. 
http://www.mindytran.com/Arnold%20news%20stories.htm

modifying to include the NFL connection... it is included in the link above.

Within days of the Hedley murder, Arnold fled to a tiny Newfoundland fishing community where his sister Tracy had moved with a new husband after losing her first four children to child protection workers.

Unable to control his voracious appetite for sex, Arnold raped two girls aged 10 and 12, and forced a 14-year-old to perform oral sex, all of them in separate incidents.

He was convicted of the Newfoundland sex crimes and sent to jail to serve a five-year, four-month term.

The National Parole Board was so worried about his ``pattern of sexually assaulting young children'' following the Newfoundland convictions that they refused to grant him early release, again, and again.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:26:11 PM by lostlinganer »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 11:28:41 PM »
Just another link... interesting quote from a Winnipeg police officer investigating Barb Stoppel's murder.
http://blackrod.blogspot.ca/2010/03/re-opening-barbara-stoppel-murder.html

Arnold was definitely average in height at 5'11" and on the hefty side at 196 pounds. Sophonow was 6'5" tall.

And the killer was described as in his Twenties. Arnold was all of 19-years-old. But, said Mikolajewski, he looked older and could pass for 29!

wellwell

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2018, 08:49:35 AM »

wellwell

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »
The Black Rod blog really did not want Terry Arnold to be Barbara Stoppel's killer. They wanted Thomas Sophonow, and only Thomas Sophonow, hung out to dry. Too bad they didn't disclose their identity.

http://blackrod.blogspot.com/2006/07/brodbeck-tricked-by-rigged-sophonow.html?m=1

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »
That is a nice survivor story about Doreena if you can call it that. (two posts up) And yes, all along you will find something in every Arnold victim case that prevented Arnold from having to face the full measure of the law. Even on here you will find some fairly dedicated detractors. That in itself is part of the problem with identifying him as being the killer of his lesser known victims. The vast majority of people will look upon where this leads as being too preposterous to entertain. This little site with its little known group of contributors will likely be the only place you will hear it and likely where it will die.

For Kelly Cook and Joanne Pedersen, Arnold is never going to be an official prime suspect. They have their ways, they have their reasons. We aren't supposed to know.. I am sad for them but I know not what else to do.. There was supposed to be a book coming out about Arnold. It never happens. A blanket of silence descends leaving anyone who looks into this wondering what else lurks underneath.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2018, 04:36:11 PM »
too many dirty hands that are still collecting or awaiting "pensions" maybe  ;)  .. not to mention whatever "scared little people" who will always be "little" as long as they are scared!  That is what keeps the silence in tact.

wellwell

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 07:03:47 PM »
I guess this should be in this thread, too. A retired Winnipeg police detective sergeant's website about Barbara Stoppel:

https://barbstoppel.com/"stoppel"-the-book

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2018, 02:30:22 AM »
Excellent link wellwell....!  tons of detail... possibilities of more potential victims.. and... and ...

Example... Read the quote below concerning Arnold's visit to the hospital where Barb Stoppel lay on life support... then recall Kelly Cook and the man who went into the funeral home demanding to see her body... This is that same unusual personality..

Keeping ARNOLD’s personality in mind, the average citizen would find it both very daring, intrusive
and socially inappropriate to demand to see the family at the hospital. ARNOLD’s lack of socialization
skills and his propensity for blatant lying would not detract him from such an action. It is these same
personality traits that probably allowed him to convince investigators back then that he was not
responsible. He could lie without feeling the anxiety of guilt and remorse and at the same time turn
people off with his lack of socialization skills.

In regard Arnold's ability to lie...

ARNOLD has always lied to prevent himself from taking responsibility for his
actions and exposure of his weaknesses. He has never yet lied to make a situation worse for himself
by taking responsibility. ARNOLD is a calculating liar

Arnold's own aunt brings up the possibility of two more earlier victims..
The investigation has since revealed that his
aunt has knowledge of an incident in 1978 or 1979 in which she thought ARNOLD had strangled two
young native girls at the rooming house they were living in

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:15:22 PM by D1 »