Author Topic: Terry Arnold.... Likely Serial Killer  (Read 31793 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Terry Arnold.... Likely Serial Killer
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:26:17 AM »
Suspect in many murders of teenage females. winnipeg, calgary, Penticton and possibly in the states.

I'll post some more info about this guy. He committed suicide in 2005.

D1

Re: Terry Arnold.... Likely Serial Killer
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:37:03 PM »
The most comprehensive compilation of facts and stories about T. Arnold are at http://www.mindytran.com/arnoldscrimes.htm

Picture from injusticebusters.com He didn't look much different in or around 1980 except for longer sideburns.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:34:55 AM by D1 »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 01:28:33 AM »
The more I read about this guy.....

Too bad there is not much info available except normal media reports.

I did read in one article, the suspect in winnipeg was described as being 20 - 30 years old. He was 18.

D1

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:25:46 PM »
The Winnipeg reports were very interesting. Barb Stoppel's brother kept pushing for answers. This is what they ran into in Winnipeg trying to get Arnold investigated.
see the secret report:
http://www.injusticebusters.com/05/Ewatski.shtml

quote from Winnipeg police officer.
"I do not believe that I was allowed to do my job. Further, both Barbara Stoppel and her family have not been served well."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:37:46 PM by D1 »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »
D1; I commend you for your diligence on the Mindy Trans...Barb Stoppel...Kelly Cook and a few others.  I hope members read all the coverage on the links you posted on other threads,  and here.  If this doesn't open eyes, I don't know what will.  I always hope and pray members and readers of this site will find ways to unite and speak up loud and clear, re.  these covered-up cases,  when the opportunity arises.  Keep spreading the word folks,  keep speaking up,  and this could be reality...justice for victims and their families.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 02:59:24 PM by lostlinganer »

D1

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:36 PM »
Thank you lost, I know you are no stranger to diligence yourself. I truely believe that many of these cases can still be solved one way or another. It would be nice to have law enforcement on side though. The cases we speak about in relation to guys like Arnold are merely the ones we know of; who knows how many similarly obstructed cases are out there? The few we have identified become a blueprint of sorts to recognize them and to see how it's done. Without some frame of reference, most would have no idea if the unsolved murder of their loved one was in this category or not.

Families everywhere have gone on for years believing that everything possible was being done to solve the murder of their family member and it becomes a terrible thing to contemplate otherwise. The walls come tumbling down, years of illusions shatter and the world is no longer the same.. Some may even wish for a murder to remain unsolved rather than to know the truth.

These cases, once anomalies are becoming ever more prevalent, there are few who know about them and fewer who speak. Everything is being silenced and to a greater degree than ever before....The following article discusses one of the latest cases, but the same applies to all of these protected informants..If your loved one were the victim of this guy, what chance would you have to know or for justice to be done? Under the present legislation, None... that would be illegal!!
The RCMP has said it's illegal for anyone to tell the committee, or even Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day, the full story. The victim's family members also cannot be told that their loved one was killed by an agent of the state.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/article793103.ece

According to this news article quote:
Because of this Canadians have been barred from seeing the dark side to protecting known criminals. For instance, one family somewhere in Canada has no idea their loved one was killed by protected witness, a man who some lawyers have argued didn't deserve a new identity or the more than $100,000 he was paid.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/article793101.ece

That family could well be the family of anyone of the unsolved murder cases listed here on this site. They are forced into years of beating their heads against a wall, wondering what happened to justice..No one will tell them, they have to figure it out for themselves..Nice ..

There was a previous thread about T. Arnold running on this site. Wonder what happened to the person wanting to write a book? see last post next link..never showed up again..
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,2167.0.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:34:29 PM by D1 »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 08:37:49 AM »
hmmmm....see what you mean D1.
Wondering if there is still an active interest in this man. I read a few messages wondering if anyone had written a book and since I have been researching the complexities of this story since the day of his death for such a purpose am interested in the many perspectives here. Perhaps I can put to rest one or two of your questions. Perhaps your research can answer a few of mine as they occur.

D1

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »
There was a story circulating around Vancouver Island that T. Arnold had written a "true story" book and was searching for an editor just prior to his death. The draft of the book was supposedly written on his computer, the same computer the police siezed from him. Persons who had been in contact with Arnold said that Arnold claimed it would be "explosive". There may have been information on that computer which could shed light on many murders. Apparently, no one will ever know now. Arnold's own father was not even allowed to see the suicide note which was supposedly left behind.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 01:01:13 PM »
no way would his kind commit suicide - imo.  if he did, the note wouldn't be "hidden" ... something tells me that note was written on computer and anyone could have done it ... the revelations of him denying his crimes are just another little piece of cover-up to take the heat off those who covered up for him.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »
I'm with you on that Lost. Aswell, I think he became just too much of a liability as a so called informant ( or maybe he really was writing a book) and had to be halted.   Too bad his dad can't get the info he has asked for. He is probably so sick at heart over this he feels he cannot fight LE . 

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 06:11:04 AM »
Where is the media on this story? Gee whiz, they get all bent out of shape when Paris Hilton flashes some flesh or Sarah Palin's daughters ex boyfriend gets fired from a job, but they sit on there hands when a potentially super mega story is staring at them in front of there faces.

Why did the province let this guy go free?
This was in 2002... when BC appears to be up to it's ears in corruption
What murders has he been a suspect of?

Why is no one asking questions? This is like Pickton. Media was more concerned train derailments and hippies chained to tree's in Tofino back then.

D1

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 04:09:36 PM »
The media has its own problems in trying to report on guys like Arnold. They are being prohibited by a law. One of the most recent attempts by the press to report on one of these protected individuals prompted a very unusual article to be written on the subject. That article has now now been removed from the internet archives.
see-  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/eceRedirect?articleId=

Such is the power that lays behind these type of killers.
This is a copy of the original introduction to the Globe and Mail article.

Much of the same type reporting can be found in regard to T. Arnold, Barb Stoppel being the prime example. That was years ago and what we see now is a progression of that same law that allowed for Arnold to escape justice even back then..

Kelly Cook may be another, the power to restrict the news media from reporting on a suspect description comes from the same source as described above and is indicative in itself of this same law being employed. In order to do so, the suspect would have to have had protected status and the police would have to have known who the suspect was..
see- http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,53.msg29315.html#new
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:14:47 AM by D1 »

D1

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 04:23:40 PM »
The courts are similarly obstructed and as noted, they are not obliged to weigh the benefits against the consequences, in fact they are quite likely legally bound to protect the informant at all costs.

CROWN DUTY:
Crown prosecutors have a duty to protect the identity of confidential police informants. Once informer privilege is found to exist, neither the Crown nor the police can breach it, and courts are not entitled to balance the benefits enuring from the privilege against countervailing considerations: R. v. Leipert (1997), 112 C.C.C. (3d) 385 (S.C.C.).

from- http://www.justice.gov.ab.ca/criminal_pros/default.aspx?id=5669

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
Members of Parliament,  as well - members of the House of Assembly of each province, - as well - members of city and town councils, should stand up and demand that these laws are changed or at least re-vistited in parliament, and changed so that these, controlling members of the Department of Justice as their associates in these matters, are forced to "account" in open parliament and to the public via prime time media news coverage - whatever benefits to legal law enforcement and/or justice - is gained with each one of these undertakings of "arranging protected informant status"...... that is to say there should be a short period or limited, reasonable time established to accomplish the anticipated results.  Otherwise, we are only being fair in assuming this is total corruption among unscrupulous officicals and police.  I'm surprised the media aren't all over this..... oh wait!  ???....the police, through government interference, always stifles the media in such serious matters of corruption. 

D1

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 06:31:26 PM »
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:11:43 AM by D1 »