Author Topic: Mariam Makhniashvili - 17 - Toronto - Found Deceased  (Read 244222 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Mariam Makhniashvili - 17 - Toronto - Found Deceased
« Reply #721 on: March 21, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »
Thank you jobo for the article. 

I am copying the article, since many of us may not be able to access the link.

The Parole Board of Canada decision released Friday notes that he is under a deportation order.He was denied parole in December after parole board officials worried that he still might be delusional and violent.He was ordered deported to his native Republic of Georgia three years ago, but the parole board ruling appears uncertain if and when this will actually happen.

SAP

« Reply #722 on: March 21, 2015, 09:58:38 PM »
Thank you for posting that article JB and Jobo.
Canada may be stuck with him since his leaving Georgia was a political move at the time, wasn't it? His life and that of his wife were in danger, iirc. Such a sad story for the kids who probably had a good life with their grandparents. I don't think life was great with their dad.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 22, 2015, 09:11:57 AM »
Why should Canada be stuck with this man. He broke the law, he is a threat to the public. The law says he should be deported and so that he should be. Deport him for sure. What will they wait for, him to attack an innocent person on the street. Let his own country take care of him. He possibly should not have been here anyway. Canada has to wake up and take notice of those they are letting  into the country. It is the land of the free, but it is also the land that you follow the law. I say he should be deported. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 22, 2015, 10:57:10 AM »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 22, 2015, 04:16:25 PM »
I am not too sure if their lives were in danger while living in Georgia. I do recall something about danger, but that is about all.  I think we could  find it in one of the early articles posted on  this thread. It was a dangerous place to live in at the time.  Don't know about now.

They entered Canada through the United States.  He got into a bit of trouble in the USA being charged with exposing himself in public.  The man was already "sick" imo.
Why they were accepted in Canada is a mystery to me.  I can see her being accepted into our Country, but not him.

Anyhow they are here and he will be a problem, in my opinion.

I am concerned for his wife and his son.  She and her son have had time to settle into a normal life in our Country over the past four years, and I would not be surprised if the Government makes her responsible for his supervision and care.  I honestly would not put it past them.  The penal system did this to her before, when he was released on bail the second time.

Like the rest of you, I hope that our system does deport him - sooner rather than later. Or, will they look the other way - and leave it up to his wife to keep him in check? .Unfortunately that  is also a good possibility.If that should be the case, what a horrific  and unfair responsibility to pass onto her.   

If it were me, I would see a lawyer, file for divorce, and move to a new place without any return address. - Should I consider this to be a sign of panic, on my part?
Darn rights!!

I would go under a pseudo, until I could legally change my name. Should I end up on a Missing Person List - all the better.

I would make a Dash in a Flash! I would run so fast, I wouldn`t be able to keep up with myself.   ::) Do a `Zip without a Blip!! >:(

He was released just a few days ago, how much would you bet that he has  already  landed on her doorstep ? I wouldn`t be surprised if the system hired a cab to take him there.

Apart from being delusional and  violent, this man is extremely coy and is not to be trusted.  I would be afraid to go to bed at night with him prowling around my home. Sleep in a locked closet! and - Hide all the knives!!

In my opinion, his name will come up in the news again, and it won't be very pretty.

JB
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:58:32 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #726 on: March 22, 2015, 11:49:51 PM »
Concerned, Capeheart and all who may question my comment ... If I remember correctly Vakhtang had gotten into some problems speaking out against whomever ruled in Georgia. Also the Canadian government (since our death penalty was abolished) usually don't return a person to a country which would kill a person for wrong doing. When he and his wife left Georgia, she was also noted to be unsafe due to her profession as a journalist. I'd have to go back and read links, which I didn't have time to do. Also there was a time when whole families were not allowed to leave a communist country together. I also think the children were left with grandparents b/c the couple didn't have any permanent status and he had only come for a lecturing commitment.
I, too, worry for the wife and son going anywhere with this man. He is unstable and doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of his offences. It seems to be natural for him. That is scary.

Here's an interesting article where Vakhtang has been asking to be deported:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/01/05/mariam_makhniashvilis_father_seeks_to_be_deported.html

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 23, 2015, 03:50:45 AM »
I see what you are saying SAP, its possible that the family were forced to continually run away from the problems possibly caused by his illness and maybe his dominance. An illness that the reports hint he is not owning or acknowledging and they clearly have concerns about. I wonder if he is allowed to move back to the residence after the seriousness of the assault on the neighbors and the seriousness of the loss on the family. I would think the management company would have a liability to consider. I would think the family has had time to ascertain the depth from the loss of Mariam. And, I would hope that if the legal system ever knew of a possible threat to the family, they would not force a family to live with a potential of harm. If that were the case, I would hope the family has some protections in place.

It would seem that while in Canada, the family have all paid the ultimate price - the reasons behind the loss of Mariam have to be considered. If he is deported I can only wonder if the family would have to go as well. Or, could they possibly stay? How many times will he/they be able (or willing) to run, run, run every time it gets bad enough that the legal system becomes involved (we don't know about possible nonlegal or domestic matters). At some point, though, he/they won't be able to run to another spot as options will lesson, doors close. I sincerely wish them all peace and I hope they find the answers that will provide a better life for all. The loss of a child in this manner is a huge wake-up call.

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 23, 2015, 10:26:04 AM »
There is a pretty big departure from "depression" to "delusional thinking" IMO.  If he can't admit depression, caused by circumstances or not, it seems he likely hasn't and won't get the kind of help he may really needs.  Misdiagnosis?

SAP

« Reply #729 on: March 23, 2015, 11:26:10 AM »
Concerned, when I saw the wife at any time in videos, etc, I thought she was on automation. That is, acting like she had been brainwashed. Having nothing much to do with anyone and just being stoic. IMO, she seems to have no choice but to stand by her husband out of fear. I doubt she would speak up for herself and her son against him but if this is the case, I hope she does ask for help to get away from him. If she does, perhaps she has fears that if he is deported, he can always harm her remaining family back in Georgia. That is if she speaks up and wants to stay in Canada and away from him.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 24, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »
I agree with you a thousand percent on your last post SAP!!  That is why I expressed my concerns in my last post, inserting myself into - what I would do, and the reasons why. 

There is one glimmer of hope for her, in that I am of the understanding that the Georgian community in Toronto, after Miriam's death,  befriended her and the son.

Looking back,  the father would not let Miriam out of his sight for one moment, other than to go to school.  This could not have been a happy home for any of them.

Perhaps his wife enjoyed the freedom offered to her, after he was incarcerated, and if she has supportive friends  she will not take him back.  Freedom is a wonderful feeling.
I just hope that our system does not pull their authority and give her the impression that she is responsible for him and must take him back, until they decide whether to deport him or leave him with her, wiping their hands of him. He has served his full time in prison, and had to release him. I hope that "after care" is in place for him.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:06:00 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #731 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
It worries me JB. In his corrupt mind he could even see his wife and son as part of the system that he feels betrayed by. Things were quiet while he was locked up, but now, we can expect anything. If there were intentions of aftercare for him, he still cannot fathom he did wrong. That's a dangerous person on the loose.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 11, 2017, 02:59:04 PM »
Miriam's mother, Lela Tabidze has a beautiful fb page devoted to missing and murdered persons. 

I have never forgotten this woman.... she has so much courage.... so many obstacles were in her way. 

Tragedy, heaped upon disappointment, let downs, put downs... I could go on.

She is still with us, she hung in there, and is making a positive contribution to our Canadian society.

God Bless her.

jb

I