Author Topic: Mariam Makhniashvili - 17 - Toronto - Found Deceased  (Read 244221 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Mariam Makhniashvili - 17 - Toronto - Found Deceased
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »
At least now there is a lot of activity on this case, so it seems. I do think that now that they have somewhere to look, there could be some answers. Also, what about this school, is it a school as big as the place where the young woman from the USA was murdered by a co-worker. I mean, if she went missing inside of the school, has anyone thought of that. It seems weird that she could just disappear with all the students around????[I wonder if they have checked inside of the school??? It must be a large school and who knows, she may have disappeared inside the school and not outside.  Just a thought, because of what happened to Ana Lee, the University Student.?????

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 06:02:32 PM »
SAP, I picked that up also. He definitely wants to keep the attention away from himself. I just wonder how many people were questioned in the area of where Mariam lived. Who saw her that day or the day before, I still think the story is full of holes. I sure hope they come up with something soon, time is slipping by and still no answers on Mariam. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 09:54:55 PM »
Sap, it just doesn't sound reasonable. I think there is an investigation going on possibly right now about Mr. M. I would say that the investigators are checking big time on him in Russia and in California. It takes time to do this investigating, but I feel some answers will be forthcoming. ??? ??? ??? ???

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 10:48:53 AM »
I hit on the website Websleuth.com, I am registered, but it won't allow me to leave a comment, I don't know why. I registered under another screenname. I did read some information there that indicated that the police had gone into the parents home and took bags of material out. So this could be some type of evidence or just the normal ongoing investigation that police have to do. That was all the information I had on that site. I wish I could comment on there, but have no idea what is going on that I can't. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 05:36:38 AM »
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/707911--items-belonging-to-missing-teen-mariam-found

Items belonging to missing teen Mariam found
Items belonging to missing Toronto teen Mariam Makhniashvili have been found in the Eglinton Ave. E. and Yonge St. area, police say.

Investigators would not discuss what the belongings are. They were found at 120 Eglinton Ave. E., a mid-rise office building.

It is the first apparent clue in her disappearance.

The 17-year-old disappeared Sept. 14. She was last seen that day walking from her family's apartment building, near Bathurst St. and Eglinton Ave. W., to Forest Hill Collegiate with her brother, who left her that morning near the front of their school.

Makhniashvili moved to Canada from Georgia with her family recently. She had been attending school only a few days before she went missing and did not have any close friends.

Officials said it is unlikely she ran away and her passport is still at home.

Police have distributed security camera footage and posted appeals on Crime Stoppers, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter in hopes of finding Makhniashvili, who has now been missing for over three weeks.

SmartOne

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 11:06:23 PM »
Here Are Few things that no one is paying attention and They Should:

1) Mariam was not kidnapped!!! (if she was kidnapped in front of hundreds of kids, people would have seen or observed something)

2) Finding her Backpack was a Decoy!! why some one would kidnapp her and then put her evidence (the bag) some where that could easily be found! who ever left the backpack wanted that backpack to be found.

3) Date of her disapearnce.... she went missing on a Sept 14, which is a monday. What if something did happen to her on the weekend when she was with the family? maybe some accidnetal death that is been covered by the family???

4) what about her cell phone? did she have one? did any one ever call her on that number? email account?

Sleuth

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 06:56:44 PM »
Smartone, those were my thoughts also, that she never ever left home. I believe that something happened in the home. That is why I had posted earlier, who saw Mariam that day, who saw her walking down the road to school. And in no way she could be abducted in front of so many people. I believe they have to go back and get the truth out of her brother. I don't believe she ever walked to school with him on that day. Something happened to her beforehand, I think. And also, that bag being found, who is going to leave that out in plain view and it was in plain sight for a couple of days. There is something not quite right with the whole scenario, somebody is holding some kind of secret in this case. ??? ??? ??? ???

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »
Agreed, we don't have all the facts here.  When they find out who really saw her last they can begin the search for her.

Cobra P.I.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 11:25:27 AM »
Someone finally finding Mariams backpack , lends me to believe it was planted ,just to have the police on the path of "someone in the school "  theory .

Sleuth

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »
I read an article yesterday? that the police have confiscated the Toronto Library for their computers on this case. I will go on the hunt and see if I can find the article again and post it. Unless anyone else finds it first and posts it?

Sleuth

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 12:39:58 PM »
Here's the article. The Police must have some sort of idea to take two Toronto Library computers?

Computers seized from library in search for missing girl

By BRETT CLARKSON, SUN MEDIA

Last Updated: 27th October 2009, 3:48pm

Toronto Police were executing search warrants this afternoon at two public libraries in connection with the disappearance of Mariam Makhniashvili.

Police seized computers from Forest Hill Public Library and Barbara Frum Library And Recreation Centre just after noon today.

Makhniashvili, whose 18th birthday is today, has been missing since Sept. 14.

Toronto Police spokesman Const. Tony Vella said computers were seized from the Forest Hill library because Makhniashvili used the computers before she disappeared.

Det. Steve McIlwain, who is overseeing the execution of the search warrants, wouldn't comment at the scene.

The Forest Hill library is directly beside Mariam's school at Bathurst St. and Eglinton Ave. W. and the Frum library is at 20 Covington Ave. in the Bathurst St. and Lawrence Ave. W. area.

As of 1:10 pm, police were still removing the computers from the Frum library.

And here is what the sign say's:

This message was found on the door of the Forest Hill Library in front of the high school Mariam Makhniashvili attended. Police seized the computers in the branch as part of the ongoing search for the missing teen. (BRETT CLARKSON/Sun Media)

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/10/27/11541871.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »
Well this sounds like a concrete lead into Mariam's disappearance. I truly hope that she has found a safe place from whatever she was running from. It is an unusual case and I hope that it turns out that Mariam is with a caring person and did not fall into some kind of a scam. Hoping to hear Mariam is safe and well. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ??? ??? ??? ???

Sleuth

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 03:26:27 PM »
Bless this girl; I pray she is alive and well.