Author Topic: Killer's sentence could affect future rulings: prosecutor  (Read 2611 times)

Sleuth

Killer's sentence could affect future rulings: prosecutor
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:50:45 PM »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Killer's sentence could affect future rulings: prosecutor
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:52:06 AM »
life in prison, with no eligibility for parole for 18 years

I've always considered these statements such a paradox and insulting to the intelligence of mankind.   .....the victim doesn't get "any chance of coming back" in x number of years; Why should the Killer???? >:( >:( >:(

Sleuth

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
I agree with you Lostlinganer. It is an insult to our, I'd better speak for myself, that a life is worthless to the Canadian Government by giving a life sentence which actually means less than 18 years. I do believe the Government really has the mind set that life means life and is hiding their head in the sand about making life to mean life. Yesterday I was talking with someone, who used to work for the Government in the violent offenders area and he looked me straight in the eye and said, " Everyone who is incarcerated is released at some point." Sad but true. I'm kinda hoping that one of these felons will move next door to a high Government official and wonder over to borrow a cup of sugar.  :P   

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »
Someone is complaing that 18 years is too much for killing a 5 year old?

That really makes me wngry. this man should never be allowed out again.