Author Topic: Hilary Bonnell, 16 | Missing (Sept. 5, 2009)  (Read 22617 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Hilary Bonnell, 16 | Missing (Sept. 5, 2009)
« on: September 14, 2009, 12:12:41 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2009/09/13/nb-missing-teem.html

Ground search and rescue groups have stopped their search for a missing New Brunswick teenager.

But an unofficial search by family and friends is still underway in the tight-knit community of Eskinuopitijk First Nation, commonly known as Burnt Church.

Hilary Bonnell, 16, disappeared from Eskinuopitijk, in the northeast of the province, on Sept. 5. She had attended a party on the reserve with friends the night before and was last seen walking along Highway 11, about 7:30 a.m. AT

Community members have been following up on leads, and the band council is offering a $15,000 reward for information leading to Bonnell's safe return, said Bartibogue, who is Bonnell's cousin.

Bartibogue believes Bonnell is alive and wants police to speed up their investigation.

raisinpie

• View Profile
Re: Hilary Bonnell, 16 | Missing (Sept. 5, 2009)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
Sorry I don't know how to upload the photo, so if someone else does, please do so. Thanks!

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/792199

Still no trace of Hilary Bonnell

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »
http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/788531

Hillary Bonnell still missing
Published Friday September 11th, 2009

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:49:43 PM »
Excellent chronology on this website of the events up to today!

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/hilary-bonnell

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2009/09/13/nb-missing-teem.html#socialcomments

This is Hillary's last text message to her cousin Hailey, quote from the CBC article on Sept 13/09: "They're concerned for her safety, since Bonnell sent a text message to a friend the morning she disappeared that read: "Oh God, I'm scared. I wanna leave"".

Sleuth

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »
Here is another picture of young Hilary Bonnell as requested by Raisinpie.

Let's pull together to bring this lovely young girl home safe!!!!!!!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 10:13:51 AM »
Her text message was that she was afraid, this was on the newscast at noon today. There is a $15,000 reward for Hilary's return. I don't think they are going to find Hilary at this point in time. She indicated she was afraid, but if she was and she did leave the area she was in, why didn't she go into the store that she passed. I believe those places are open 24 hours. She should have called her parents or someone to come and get her. Why would she be so afraid and not do anything about it. And what was her fear. She was too young to be at an all nite party, for sure. I know it is too late to think about that now. Maybe they just took her off the road and abducted her and she had no way of defending herself. Those who were at this party know what happened. They know who left after she did. The investigation has to go back to the party and find out who left after her. I believe she was abducted and could not do anything about it. Why didn't she say who she was afraid of or does her cousin have an idea. Maybe the police are being tightlipped and they are waiting to swoop in on the individual responsible for Hilary's disappearance. God bless her mom and family members and prayers for Hilary's safe return. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:16:17 AM by capeheart »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »
There are two properties that are cordoned off in Burnt Church, the community where Hilary went missing. It was indicated these properties were in the last place Hilary was seen. Apparently something has been found in that area and the forensics team was all over the place today. As I understand it, Hilary's uncle owns one of the property's, which I believe is the store, where she was last seen. That information was on the CTV news this evening. Her mom is in hope that she will come home. Prayers that they do find Hilary and bring her home. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 10:53:05 PM »
Hi Cape,  This case is far from me geographically, but any missing child bothers me terribly.  I was reading further, and wondered if you had seen this report.  It notes that Hilarys mom has been contacted and threatened!!  Wow she seems to know who these people are.  When you read this article include the comment section , it does give further insight to the case.

Wednesday Oct 28 | Posted by: Canadian Crime News
Pam Fillier confronting people in search for daughter Hilary Bonnell

Full story: www.cbc.ca

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 12:08:33 PM »
http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/rss/article/846012

Investigation Warrant executed near store where 16-year-old girl last seen
Marty Klinkenberg Telegraph-Journal

Police began searching a residence at the Esgenoopetitj First Nation on Tuesday, looking for evidence in a "criminal investigation."

1 of 2

RCMP began searching a home at the Esgenoopetitj First Nation on Tuesday morning after executing a search warrant.  Hilary Bonnell Insp. Roch Fortin, the District Commander for the RCMP in the Acadian Peninsula, said a team of officers arrived at the scene in the morning and will likely remain for several days.

Police brought in tow trucks and removed two vehicles from the yard and forensic experts wearing white suits placed items from the house into black bags. Officers were searching outside the residence as well.

"We have just begun,'' Fortin said.

The home is near the convenience store where 16-year-old Hilary Bonnell was last seen on Sept. 5.

The inspector would not confirm that the investigation was linked to the teen, who disappeared shortly after sending a text message early that morning - "Oh my God, I am so scared-" to a friend.

"All I can say is that we are looking for evidence related to a criminal investigation,'' Fortin said. "We had enough evidence to get a warrant authorizing entering someone's residence."

The house that is being searched belongs to Hilary Bonnell's uncle, Christopher Bonnell, a band councillor at the Esgenoopetitj First Nation, Bonnell's mother Pamela Fillier confirmed Tuesday.

Officers were observed leading a man away from the property early in the day, but Fortin said no arrest was made. He said a news conference may be arranged today, however.

Pamela Fillier and Bonnell's stepfather, Fred Fillier, were close at hand on Tuesday, watching from the parking lot of the 4D's Grocery as officers searched the house a short distance away.

"I am hanging in there,'' Pamela Fillier said Tuesday night.

A crowd of more than 100 people, some of whom have helped the Filliers look for Hilary in the First Nation area since her disappearance, joined the couple outside the store and watched as a swarm of investigators descended on the nearby property. Fifteen police vehicles, including a forensic identification unit, were at the scene.

A high-spirited teenager who adored shopping and still asked to be tucked into bed at night, Bonnell disappeared only a few days before she was to resume classes at Miramichi Valley High School.

"I miss her so much, the air I breathe doesn't even feel the same anymore,'' her mother said recently. "I can feel her cheeks on my lips as if she is right there, and I can feel her little arms.

"How can people be so heartless, to do this to a child?"

Sleuth

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »
Young Hilary Bonnell's mother sounds like she has a lot of inner strength. Kudos to her for not backing down!  :)
It doesn't sound good, but I hope and pray that Hilary is found safe.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 03:47:32 PM »
This is definitely one case where I would hope the people of this child's (an she is a child in my opinion) community should stand up to whatever native traditional law that might be protecting this possible jerk.  I hope they conregate in droves and turn over every rock and jerk until they find this girl.  Maybe already too late, but get the bast#@*!

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 07:55:59 PM »
The community must do EVERYTHING they can to bring her home. If anyone has information please call Crime Stoppers.  In many communities we know that the walls of silence just go up and information is withheld.  Please do the right thing and call Crime Stoppers to ensure your identity is not known!

Prayers for Hilary and also pray for the strength of her Mother, Pam and family!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 10:10:22 PM »
Thanks for updating and the links. It is really good that they do have a lead to what may have happened to Hilary. I am glad for all the help Burnt Church is getting from the other police forces. Prayers that Hilary will be found. And I also urge anyone who has any information to contact Crime Stoppers and give information that you have, you do not have to identify yourself, but let us bring the young girl home to her mother.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???