Author Topic: Georgia Jackson - 18 - Murdered - February, 1966 - Aylmer, ON  (Read 69874 times)

jessy w

• View Profile
Re: Georgia Jackson - 18 - Murdered - February, 1966 - Aylmer, ON
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 11:08:25 AM »
That is exactly where the old gravel pit is . At the corner of Glencolin  and Springer hill . The access rd. to it was off the Springer hill side . I see there is now a green building smack across it . I learned to swim in there , we would walk in from the Glencolin side to avoid all the lover"s lane action on the other side .

jessy w

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 12:26:17 PM »
It's amazing what google earth can show . I can recognize the ponds in the old gravel pit there, on Springer hill road.
Getting back to where the body was found , It was on Springfield road ,between Glencolin line and Dingle line ,on the west side there in the woods , google shows the woods is still there ,at least part of it.
The killer ,or killers were real clever , as they dropped the body less then a mile from what we used to call "Boxtown" , now known as Wollyville line . The people there used to , at least 45 years ago , be a bit rougher on the edges , and it was also well known that they also used the springer hill gravel pit ponds as swimming holes. Remember this was in the days before pools were common.
Anyways , about every grown male there at Boxtown got a grilling from the "Not too bright" Lawmen . A lot of effort was wasted to get these poor dudes to fess up , when they didn't know a thing about the murder .

jeb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
Hi Gibbons:  Information from the London Free Press article dated Wednesday, June 21st, 1972, written by Paul Sallaway:  (I don't believe these are quotes.)  Georgia's white scarf was found approximately one-half mile east of Hwy 73, on the first Concession road just north of Aylmer, while her coat was found behind a tree, 15 feet from County Rd 32.

Although Jackie English's case took a completely different turn (with regards to suspects) after a witness was attacked, I don't discount anyone.  In my 21 Chapter, 440 page case study of Jacqueline English's murder, I have written, "One last point to mention, is the fact that Georgia's body and Jackie's shoes, were found in the same general area, the two locations being only about one mile apart.  To me, this coincidence is absolutely astounding."

goNgo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 06:41:45 AM »
Hi Gibbons:  Information from the London Free Press article dated Wednesday, June 21st, 1972, written by Paul Sallaway:  (I don't believe these are quotes.)  Georgia's white scarf was found approximately one-half mile east of Hwy 73, on the first Concession road just north of Aylmer, while her coat was found behind a tree, 15 feet from County Rd 32.

Although Jackie English's case took a completely different turn (with regards to suspects) after a witness was attacked, I don't discount anyone.  In my 21 Chapter, 440 page case study of Jacqueline English's murder, I have written, "One last point to mention, is the fact that Georgia's body and Jackie's shoes, were found in the same general area, the two locations being only about one mile apart.  To me, this coincidence is absolutely astounding."

....and, further to jeb's point, they both disappeared shortly after getting off work from a snack bar type setting where they were easily visible to the general public.

gibbons

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »
Thanks goNgo

This is a very useful similarity that you have pointed out.  I am guessing that the Treasure Island Shopping Plaza and the nearby Sayvette's were as popular to shoppers from regions south of London (Aylmer & St. Thomas) as they would have been to Londoners.  Does anyone have any comments on this?  I know that later, when the White Oaks Mall was developed, and before White Oaks subdivision was completely, a lot of the shoppers at W.O.M. were from south of London - ie. it was a a regional mall.

Gibbons

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 02:21:09 PM »
I think you're right, Gibbons. This was pre Westmount Mall too so west end people would head there too.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 04:22:36 PM »
I agree Gibbons, it stands to reason that the malls would attract these communities, as there was no competition.  I know that even today, communities north of London come to Maisonville Mall.

gibbons

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 06:46:01 AM »
Thanks for the info!  I suppose it helps to consider this in terms of zones of familiarity that the killer may have had.  A mall would be an attractive setting because there would be quite a few young people working there - and leaving late in the evening.  Because of the potential crowds, and a regional mall's role in drawing in people from many small communities, it is also somewhat of an anonymous setting as well. A killer, or stalker, might not be recognized - or would simply blend in as any other shopper would.  Malls are usually situated near major road arteries.  Beyond this - where the abductor take his victim - might relate more to a zone of comfort fot he abductor.  Micro-knowledge of an area where the killer knows every farm lane, bridge, pond etc.   

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 10:56:12 AM »
The odd thing in this case as compared to the other local cases is that Georgia seems to have been held for a period of time before she was killed.  The odd phone call to her mother.  The reports below don't give any feel for how long she had been dead before she was found, they don't mention decomposition but it was in the winter.

Here is a link to a series of brief articles I could find online

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=-zE_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=NlEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3956,2322599&dq=georgia+jackson&hl=en

It says Georgia might have been seen later on the night she was went missing and the disturbing mention of a woman in a car with two men near the police college, where her blood stained coat was later found.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=vzA_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=cFEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=5884,2630899&dq=georgia+jackson&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=zDY_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=rVEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3092,1511159&dq=georgia+jackson+aylmer&hl=en

The article said she was a novice preacher with the JW's, so she was heavily involved in that community making it likely that she would have accepted a ride from some one like Bodemer who was also a member.

gibbons

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »
Freeman,

Thanks for posting these links.  There is quite a bit of new information contained herein.  In the third article, it is indicated that in addition to suffocation, Georgia had also received a severe blow to the back of the head.  Sounds disturbingly like the fatal injury suffered by Jacqueline English. 

I had not realized the depth of connections to the JW surrounding this case (both the victim and the killer) and this helps put some of the other incidents surrounding this case into a better perspective.

Remarkable how many small details are present in these contemporary reports.   Were some of Georgia's belonging planted near the police college as a way of mocking the local police?

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 06:37:56 PM »
Thank you Freeman for finding these links.  It does appear that D. Bodemer, or his possible accomplice, intended on mocking the police by leaving her coat near the Police College.  LE speculated it was done on purpose also.

This information,  plus what others have dug up, does provide more examples of a similarity to Jackie English's killer.

I hope that the folks from Aylmer see these links, and return with more of their thoughts.

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »
I have been thinking today about the possible JW connection to this case, ninerfan mentioned in an earlier post that it was rumoured that he Church Heirarchy was aware of Bodemer's guilt and helped to cover it up  and then 6 years later,  as Jessiew related, the JW elders brought this forward to the police.  One of the articles I posted the other day also mentioned that the initial fruitless searches for GJ were done by the JW community.

I have been looking up things on the JW community in Aylmer and came across this story about the D'haene family who were members of the JW community of Aylmer in the 60s and 70s

"In his book, Father's Touch , Donald D'Haene describes how he was repeatedly sodomized, fondled and abused in what his father called "a game."
In 1973, a family member shared the secret with an elder in the family's Jehovah's Witness congregation in Aylmer. Following church protocol, elders investigated and spoke to the D'Haene children. The questions they asked were "cold, blunt, and matter of fact," D'Haene, 41, recalls in the book.
His father confessed. The elders announced to the congregation that he was "disfellowshipped," or excommunicated from the church, but no reason was given. D'Haene's mom was also publicly rebuked for failing to come to church leaders.
No one called police or Children's Aid.
Donald D'Haene went to police several years later. In 1982, his father was convicted of three counts of gross indecency for what the judge called "indescribably vile acts.""
This was quoted from a Toronto Sun story in 2002.

My purpose is not to suggest that this Mr D'haene had anything to do with Georgia Jacksons death but that the JWs secretive nature may hide much of the story here.  Also I realize in saying negative things about a religion that I am treading on very thin ice but clearly there is some grounds to wonder about it, and to make it completely clear I am not saying I think the JWs would have had anything to do with crime itself, but may not have felt the compunction that others would have to report it.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:52:47 PM by freeman »

gibbons

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 03:51:43 PM »
Nice work on bringing this angle forward.  A bit like the manner in which Catholic churches feel that their self-governing is sufficient - but in the end is grossly inadequate and generally serves only  to aid further exploitation.

Whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
I was born and raised in Aylmer. Georgia Jackson and her family lived a block from my house. The Jacksons lived on Pine St. near the Aylmer Arena. Georgia was about 5 years older than me, but I played with her younger brother, Willy Jackson. On the night of her disappearance, I was at the Arena where I had a part time job driving the Zamboni Willy, his other sister Mary came into the Arena that night looking for Georgia. It was strange to see them out after dark, let alone in the Arena. Willy ask if I had seen Georgia and I told him I hadn't. I can't remember what time that was, but I think it was between 7 - 9 PM. They both looked very frightened. 

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »
Welcome Whitey. It will be great to have your opinions on this too. It's been too long and it seems as though a lot of covering up has gone on in many areas.