Author Topic: Georgia Jackson - 18 - Murdered - February, 1966 - Aylmer, ON  (Read 66584 times)

Kathy Devine

• View Profile
Re: Georgia Jackson - 18 - Murdered - February, 1966 - Aylmer, ON
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 12:51:48 PM »
Hi, I am Aylmer born and raised too and can remember this crime very well.  I was only about 12 when it took place.  I remember the searching by all the townspeople to try to find Georgia.  I think her body was found by a farmer a few months later.  I also remember the Jehovah's Witnesses sending someone to try to break this case because they suspected that members of the congregation knew something.  It was that person that finally got the confession and brought the murderer to the police.  I too would like to see copies of articles relating the arrest and trial of David Bodemer.  Thank you.

With respect to the telephone call that Mrs. Jackson received wherein Georgia was asking for help.  Would it make sense that David Bodemer made or had that call made to try to throw the police off?  After all, I understand that he did plant Georgia's clothing to try to throw them off as well.

goNgo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »
Welcome Kathy.  It's great to have a local post on this case.

Wasn't DB the son in law of a JV preacher?  Were people in the congregation afraid to speak up?  Did they bring in someone from outside the local congregation?

I believe that David Bodemer was arrested in 1972.  Hopefully someone can ferret out the news articles.
I did come across one (from the Waterloo Record) dateline London, from Feb 1 1972, which indicated that police were looking for a '57 Meteor and the "wrecking yards in the K-W are have been checked".

Wasn't there a reference in one of the previous posts that GJ was seen getting into a gray Chevy?

Kathy Devine

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »
Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, I believe that David was the son in law of the elder of the JW congregation.  I don't think people in the congregation knew what happened except for maybe David's wife.  I think she was the one who finally confessed to the JW men that were sent in by JWs of higher authority than the local level.  They thought someone knew something in the congregation and went in to ferret out the info.  I think David was arrested in 1971 because I left the area in 1972 and I'm sure this happened before I left.

julijohn

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 10:44:39 PM »
Hi again, all - I commented in late 2010 and left the link for the London t.v. station's interview with Georgia's Mom. If you watch it, it's hard to understand how Boedemer could have had that call made, but I also have doubts as to whether the caller was really Georgia.
I was back staying in Aylmer and St. Thomas for much of 2010, and researched a lot on microfiche at the Elgin library in St. Thomas... there were certainly a lot of articles there (you have to go through many, many years to keep finding new evidence!/ court case dates, etc.!)  for those looking for Boedemer links... also enough to make one really WONDER if he was the guilty party, despite so much apparent evidence. Tie-ins with Jackie English were not being made then, but are definitely an eye opener now, as are links with the deaths of other young ladies in the s.w. ontario area at the time (incl. Truscott ties).
Whitey, I'd love to hear more about Willy, Mary AND Georgia's personalities, if you'd care to elaborate/reminisce.  I can't find any record of them being in the area any longer, and my writing has since taken me to a new area, both geographically and re: time allottment.  However, I want to get back to Georgia soon.

ninerfan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:26 PM »
As i have stated before,the JW church local hierachy new that Bodemer was the killer, or as I believe one of them.He was married to my cousin,and the daughter of Albert (Bert Crooker)who was the minister at the time. I believe there was another guilty party who was closer than a son in law,who somehow eluded the police.I have my theory on that but will not elaborate unless it can be provenMy mother said Bodemer was a real creep and a nutjob. She was a witness at ithe inquest and around that time at a family  get together he was there and acting very strange,she remembered him glaring at her through the doorway,she said that it gave her the chills.Other family members came forward and tried to coerce my mother with some statements that were not true as to certain people and their whereabouts that night which made my mother believe there was more to the story and more than one person involved.I believe i stated before that detectives had came to our house numerous times before his arrest and AFTER his conviction?,the last time I believe was to notify my mother that he had been released,but i cannot remember how old I was but think around 17 or 18 which would mean he was released around 1985 or so,mom was always a little uncomfortable after that

goNgo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
Thanks very much julijohn, ninerfan and Kathy.

It sounds like this isn't as much an open and shut case as we would like it to be.  Perhaps others were involved in some way.

Do any of you know if D Bodemer is the JV preacher who lives in K-W area now?  How old would he be now?

Thanks again to all of the locals contributing to this thread.  Perhaps more will follow your lead and chip in too.  It may have implications for other cases.  (Or not, and it would be equally important to know that.)

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »
Are people still afraid of this man? Why would silence still be so closely kept after all these years?

ninerfan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
If there were other people involved directly,or in the cover up within The JW church,they could have been guilty of withholding evidence,etc.As well that sort of hype would not look good on the church then or now.I stopped the other day at Georgia jacksons gravesite  which my mother took me to numerous times when i was younger as she attended the funeral.It is a small ground plaque that was almost covered over with grass,covered up like many aspects of this case.It was much easier for me too remove the grass and uncover her final resting place,if only the facts were as easy to uncover.Seems she has been forgotten.

Forget-Me-Not

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »
Seems she has been forgotten.

With increasing caseload, perhaps she has been forgotten by the legal authorities.

I know Georgia's surviving relatives well, and their wounds are almost as raw today as they were decades ago when they lost their beloved girl. Georgia was missing for about a month, and each year, that span of weeks is accompanied by a too-vivid recall of the anguish felt by those who knew and loved her. I know next to nothing of the case from the lips of those closest to Georgia, as it still cannot be spoken of without profound pain. However, I can testify that, for some, at least, 'closure' is ephemeral. The only satisfactory conclusion would be to posess the power to rewind the clock and prevent the tragedy from ever occurring.

Having said that, it is heartening to me, personally, to know that there are those who long for justice for Georgia and others. Please be careful that their memories and their families are protected, first and foremost.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »
If they are interested, there is a peaceful protest being planned in front of the OPP calling for the cases to at least be listed on their website as unsolved or opening them again. The family presence would be welcomed

foghorn

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
To those interested:

I am trying to put together a map indicating locations that are pertinent to Georgia's murder.  This will be created from the various bits of information that have been posted on this site, and can be modified to make sure it is as accurate as possible.  With luck, this may be helpful to folks who arrive at the unsolved site and are trying to piece things together...some of the landmarks are no longer there and creating the map will only be possible with great input from the folks in Aylmer (and others) who have already contributed so much.

Questions:

1. can anyone provide a more specific location of the dairy bar where Georgia worked?  Reply #9 indicated between Main Street stop light and the creek...but is Main Street now Talbot Street?  Where abouts was the traffic light back then?

2. Can anyone provide a more specific location for her home on Pine Street? Reply #29 mentioned Pine Street near the Aylmer Arena...but this must be the old arena...and I cannot find where it is.  The new arena is easily found...but this is probably not where the old one was.

3. With the above 2 bits of info, the route that Georgia took to get home could be more easily determined.

4. Georgia's blood stained coat was found in the area of the police college, 0.5 miles east of HWY 73 on first concession road north of Aylmer.  Although I can get a general sense of where this is, can anyone tell me the current name for what was then the first concession road? 

5. Georgia's coast was found behind a tree 15 feet from County Rd. 32.  Although this road is easily found...it is a long road and this location could therefore be anywhere along it.

6. Georgia's body, according to reply #5 and #17 was found on Springfield Road between Glencolin Bridge and Dingle Line...on the west side of the road there is a woods that is still partially there.  This should be relatively straightforward, but if someone has more information on this, that would be great.

7. Discussion on the old gravel pits (Glencolin - Springer Hill); this is discussed in reply #16 and can be easily located on a map; unsure if this location is relevant to Georgia's case, or instead may have been confused with Jacqueline English's case.  Note: in Rkay's post under Jacqueline's thread, photos of this gravel pit have been provided.

If any other locations should be/could be placed on the map, let me know and I will work towards putting this together from the various bits and pieces of information that are available.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 02:24:12 PM »
Please take a moment to sign our petition to the OPP. It's a plea to add all unsolved murder cases in the OPP jurisdiction to their website. Thank you and please share with your friends.

http://www.change.org/petitions/opp-the-opp-website-needs-to-include-all-unsolved-opp-murder-cases#

DCAK

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
To those interested:

I am trying to put together a map indicating locations that are pertinent to Georgia's murder.  This will be created from the various bits of information that have been posted on this site, and can be modified to make sure it is as accurate as possible.  With luck, this may be helpful to folks who arrive at the unsolved site and are trying to piece things together...some of the landmarks are no longer there and creating the map will only be possible with great input from the folks in Aylmer (and others) who have already contributed so much.

Hi Foghorn,

I am in the midst of creating a geographical profiling map in order to establish suspect/offender patterns using geocoding - were you able to get any answers to your questions concerning specific locations?

***modified to fix quote
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:48:02 PM by debbiec »

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »
DCAK, foghorn is no longer a member of Unsolved Canada, but has let me know that no further info concerning specific locations was provided. 

Most of what we know regarding locations has been posted on the threads.

DCAK

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2013, 10:34:51 AM »
Thank you for letting me know Have faith - I will compile the info via the available threads.