Author Topic: Georgia Jackson - 18 - Murdered - February, 1966 - Aylmer, ON  (Read 69887 times)

Sunshine31

• View Profile
Re: Georgia Jackson - 18 - Murdered - February, 1966 - Aylmer, ON
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »
Black and white photograph used in St. Thomas Times-Journal article published January 28, 1972 with caption:" Mrs. Virginia Jackson, extreme left, mother of the dead girl, leaves court with other members of her family."

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2015, 01:09:12 PM »
All the articles and the photos are courtesy of The County of Elgin. I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to Elgin County for their time regarding this matter.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2015, 06:54:28 PM »
Kudos to you Sunshine31. This is a lot of work.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2015, 07:21:14 PM »
Her family just look so broken.  :'( It is just heartbreaking. They not only found out they knew the man who did this but that he was part of their spiritual community. Supposedly anyway

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2015, 12:59:41 PM »
Are there any photos of DB available, or even a detailed description of his appearance circa 1966-71.  I assume one of the reasons that this thread is still active is the strong suspicion that DB was involved in other cases either in the London region before he confessed in early 1972 or after his release in the 80s.

For instance in 1971 Ljubica Topic, a 6 year old girl,was raped and brutally murdered in Windsor, the circumstances are a little similar to the Cadieux case where a stranger coaxs a little girl away from her brother and playmates, I'm not suggesting a connection between Cadieux and Topica.  The killer was described as being about 20, DB would have been 24.  There is a police sketch on the windsor board .  Although she is younger than DB 's known victim the abduction took place almost right beside a rail line. I don't if DB was still a rail worker at that point but a sketch or photo would be informative.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2015, 02:20:30 PM »
I have only seen his booking photo from 1972,,, other than that, the coward is hiding under scarves and coats

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2015, 02:27:21 PM »
Is that booking photo on this site?

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2015, 05:04:27 PM »
reply 101 on page 7

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2015, 09:18:49 PM »
Are there any photos of DB available, or even a detailed description of his appearance circa 1966-71.  I assume one of the reasons that this thread is still active is the strong suspicion that DB was involved in other cases either in the London region before he confessed in early 1972 or after his release in the 80s.

For instance in 1971 Ljubica Topic, a 6 year old girl,was raped and brutally murdered in Windsor, the circumstances are a little similar to the Cadieux case where a stranger coaxs a little girl away from her brother and playmates, I'm not suggesting a connection between Cadieux and Topica.  The killer was described as being about 20, DB would have been 24.  There is a police sketch on the windsor board .  Although she is younger than DB 's known victim the abduction took place almost right beside a rail line. I don't if DB was still a rail worker at that point but a sketch or photo would be informative.

Freeman--just some thoughts.  LE have a DNA profile of Susan Cadieux's killer.   I assume that the profile was attained by LE during Project Angel (1997-2000) when DNA analysis became available.  The national data bank has never found a match.  That means very little to me for many reasons, but let's assume that this is trustworthy.  London cops never let on that they had a DNA profile (a relative of Susan informed us of this on UC).  Based on this,  I have to hope, that 15 years after Susan's murder, Windsor cops would also have saved forensic evidence that could be tested in the future.  Hopefully these profiles have been entered in the national data base (CODIS).

The only real similarity that I can see between Susan's case and Ljubika's case, is that they were lured away, in spite of being with other children.  The MO is vastly different, although this can change over years.  There is a significant time gap between the two murders--15 years.  The composite sketches for these two cases have no similarities imo.   DB's photo in 1971 does not resemble Topic`s composite.  Also, there is no history of DB showing any signs of pedophilia.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, now that the Windsor police have released "hold back" information--44 years later.  "Does anybody remember anyone who had a broken tooth 44 years ago?"  I will say this--the London police and OPP won't even give the public a similar "tidbit" of hold back info, in an effort to solve their cold cases.  It may be too little--too late, but at least the current Windsor police are bucking an outdated and inefficient protocol, by releasing hold back information and appealing to the public for help.  I wonder why the London OPP refuse to make any effort to progress many of their historical cold cases, especially in light of recent major media pressure?  You would have to think that they have been in a "cover-up" defensive position that has been sustained for decades.  What a shame if that is true.

L. Topic:

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/four-decades-later-a-broken-tooth-could-help-solve-six-year-old-girls-murder

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2015, 09:22:58 PM »
I agree HaveFaith... don't know whether to laugh or cry. ProPatria said on another thread that they worked at a place across from the T&C... was a regular place for the drunks to stagger over for smokes... were they interviewed? NO. I would think that the interviews would be OPP territory being as it would have been after Donna was found, obviously.  They need to release something... anything ... that could help. This could be what jogs someones  memory

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2015, 06:35:23 AM »
Have Faith, I was not suggesting that there was any connection between the Topic and Cadieux cases, I just assumed that most people who read the Jackson thread would also have looked at the Cadieux thread and that I could use that  as a short-hand general description of the Topic case. ( I was writing on a mobile device and trying to cut corners whenever possible).  Sorry if I wasn't clear , certainly since the suspect in the Cadieux case was described as in his 30s it is hard to see how he could look to be late teen early 20s 15 years later in the Topic case.

My point in bringing up the Topic case was that it was in the period between GJ's murder and DB's confession when DB was able to move freely about southern Ontario, at least during some of that period he worked for railways, and the Topic home ( although it is no longer standing ) was only 2 doors from where a railroad crossed Droulliard Road in Windsor ( that part of town at the time was an industrial area with several auto plant and suppliers nearby,sometimes that area is referred to as Ford City).   The sketch of the suspect in the Topic case (May 1971) and a clip of DB ( winter 1972) from the article Chickapey pointed out to me are attached below.  Not an exact match especially the chin and hair are different, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that there is no resemblance , the ears and eyebrows are similar the nose isn't far off.  You are correct of course that DB was not known as a pedophile,but he was an exhibitionist that according to Arntfield's book is a prepratory paraphilia for pedophilia. Of course DB's DNA is not in a the database also according to Arntfield's book.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:31:38 PM by freeman »

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2015, 10:03:39 AM »
I find DB's photo and the photo from the sketch in Jackie English's case are very similar. His hair in the booking photo looks messed up and not how he'd normally wear it back then. He wasn't a hippie so I'd think he would have it combed neatly as a rule in that late 60s way.

Declan

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2015, 07:34:03 AM »
Interesting thoughts Freeman!  The picture & the proximity of 1290 Drouillard Road to railroad tracks makes interesting comparison points.   The drawing shown was developed from a description from the victim's brother Michael who had a very good opportunity to have observed the suspect during the conversation the suspect had with the group of children playing in the parking lot.  Although the face looks quite similar to DB, Michael describes the Drouillard Road abductor as having "blond" hair.  The pictures of DB (although B&W) seem to show relatively dark hair. 

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2015, 11:26:26 AM »
You are right Declan, I had missed or forgotten about the blond hair, that would make it very unlikely to be DB.

John Wilson Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2015, 10:06:32 AM »
I went a few months ago to pay my respects to my grandparents and found that Georgia was resting one row over.  It was hard to find her marker and only the CK was visible as it was overgrown.  I cleaned it up as best i could.  Of note was that her father's marker was just above hers and he passed after 1972, so at least he got some closure, unlike too many of the family members and loved ones on this website.

JWM