Author Topic: Baffling sense of justice  (Read 1577 times)

Shwa

• View Profile
Baffling sense of justice
« on: August 11, 2009, 06:04:09 AM »
Here's the story from the Ottawa Citizen:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Girl+initiated+acts+accused+claims/1879393/story.html

In a nutshell, this 62 year old man - "friend" of the family - repeatedly has sexual contact with a 9 year old girl and says that she initiated some of the contact.

And his lawyer says that he should get 30-60 days on weekends because he is a first time offender and is a low-risk to re-offend.

WTF?!?  He REPEATEDLY has sexual contact with a NINE YEAR OLD girl!  He ALREADY re-offended!!  And, because he has been caught only once does not necessarily mean he is a first-time offender in the sense that he has never done this sort of thing before.  Legal logic is a thing unto itself.  :(

Note in the story that members of his church attended the proceedings.  Uh-huh.  I would like to know what his "church" is...

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling sense of justice
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:01:59 PM »

I think you are probably right shwa when you say that just because he has never been caught before doesn't mean he has never done this kind of thing before. I don't think this would be an isolated incident myself. Also think he would have continued doing what he was doing, if he hadn't been caught. It sickens me that he says that she initiated some of the contact, she was nine!!! This guy is a pedophile and should not get 30-60 days served on weekends, what the hell is that??

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
The whole "farce of a trial" speaks volumes for the judge and church members.... appears they are ok with this pedo getting a little slap on the hand.  ....wonder what else this "community" condones!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 11:43:55 PM »
does anyone know what sentence he got?

any man who claims a 9 year old seduced him should be sent to prison for a long time. I'm sure those other inmates will claim they were seduced too.