Author Topic: Claudette Osborne - 21 - Missing Person - July 24, 2008  (Read 7582 times)

Bucke B

Claudette Osborne - 21 - Missing Person - July 24, 2008
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:15:59 PM »
Claudette Osborne - Missing Person        

Family members and Winnipeg police are looking for a missing 21-year-old woman.

Family members and Winnipeg police are looking for a missing 21-year-old woman.

Claudette Osborne was last seen July 24, near Selkirk Avenue and Charles Street and is known to frequent that area.

She also goes by the name 'Penny Tyo.'

Osborne is 5'7", 145 lbs, and was wearing black pin striped pants, black v-necked t-shirt with a ruffled collar.

In an e-mail from a man who says he is in an on-again, off-again relationship with the missing woman, Matt Bushby tells CTV News the family is worried because the last conversation anyone had with Osborne dealt with her health.

"She indicated to us that she was hemorrhaging from delivering her baby girl on July 10," Bushy said in the e-mail. "She usually calls to let us know she is ok, but it has been over 14 days since her last call and we are very worried."

Manitoba Search and Rescue
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:54:49 AM by Bucke B »

Bucke B

Re: Claudette Osborne - 21 - Missing Person - July 24, 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »
You're right, Desespere,

She disappeared last year. I made the correction.

I'm guessing she had postpartum depression and, along with the internal bleeding, may have gone somewhere to die. She couldn't have gone far if that's the case. I wonder if the Lincoln hotel, where she was last seen leaving, is close to water or woods.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:02:53 AM by Bucke B »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:36:22 PM »
This case is so very sad ... one can't help but relate to her despair.  You would expect people in the immediate area to feel the same.  It is so strange to not find her.  If she had fallen prey to murder, then it's understandable that her body would be so well hidden; but if she just went off somewhere to let herself die, I can't fathom her going to such extremes to hide herself.  I pray to God she is found if she is actually deceased; everyone deserves some degree of respect after death - as do those who care, deserve to say "good-bye" and morn her passing.

Bucke B

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »
Claudette was last seen leaving the Lincoln Motor Hotel at 6 AM and heading south on McPhillips. If she was going north, she could have left the city. Heading south, she could have been drawn the The Forks. If she went in the water, she'd have been floating by now. Maybe the woods.
I should see if there's anything in common with the other disappearances.

Bucke B

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »
I should see if there's anything in common with the other disappearances.
I did a random sample of three girls who disappeared recently in Winnipeg, including Velecia Osborne who was found murdered, and all three were last seen or frequented a place in the general direction that Claudette Osborne was heading. It makes me think since I usually go by the rule of three meaning three is not a coincidence.

Bucke B

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
Fonassa Bruyere was not one of the ones I looked at but she does fit and was last seen even closer to where Claudette was last seen than the ones I did look at. Fonassa was only about two miles from the Lincoln Motor Hotel on McPhillips. The other two I looked at were Sara Vermette and Tianne Bell, one frequented a hotel on Notre Dame Ave. and one was last seen at Portage place.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:08:48 AM by Bucke B »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 07:03:58 PM »
Task force's silence upsets missing woman's family?," Smith said.

In a statement, an RCMP spokesperson declined to answer any questions about the progress of the task force so far, but said some of the case files are very large.

It will take time to conduct the work, the spokesperson said. The task force is staffed with three RCMP officers, two RCMP analysts and four officers from the Winnipeg Police Service.

RCMP said if families have concerns, they should contact investigators by telephone.

But Smith said the task force has never given her family a contact number.

"So where do we call?," she asked. "There's no number, we haven't been given any updates. I mean, it's our family members they're investigating but yet we're left in the dark," she said.

Sisters in Spirit, an aboriginal women's advocacy group, said there are more than 70 unsolved cases of murdered and missing women in Manitoba.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2009/11/24/man-task-force-murdered-missing.html

Here is a past story, as well:

Family pleads for help finding missing Winnipeg sex-trade worker

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/08/07/missing-osborne.html
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:05:55 PM by Concerned »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
Claudette Osborne is pictured below.