Author Topic: Jodi Henrickson - 17 - Missing - June 20, 2009 - Bowen Island/Squamish, BC  (Read 38756 times)

victorian

• View Profile

victorian

• View Profile
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090628/BC_jodi_hendrickson_090628/20090628/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome.

Police scouring Bowen Island for missing teen

Updated: Sun Jun. 28 2009 19:43:56

ctvbc.ca

The search for a Squamish, B.C. woman, who has was last seen at a house party on June 20th, has turned to Bowen Island, where residents are being asked to check their rural properties and out buildings for anything suspicious.

Sea to Sky Regional Police Services said the search for 17-year-old Jody Henrickson has commenced on Bowen Island, utilizing RCMP air and marine services.

Bowen Island is a 20-minute ferry ride from the Vancouver suburb of Horseshoe Bay.

Police dogs along with North Shore Search and Rescue members have also joined the hunt for the missing teen.

The search is concentrating on Bowen Island as investigators have determined that Henrickson was last seen there on June 20th between 4:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. after she attended a house party with friends and acquaintances.

Police are asking residents of Bowen Island to be vigilant. They are also telling anyone who was at the house party on the evening of June 19th through to the morning of June 20th to contact police at 604-947-0516.

Meanwhile, her cousin, Crystal, called CTV on Sunday to say that she is the spokesperson for the family and it looks to them like Jody has run away, even though it would be very uncharacteristic of her to do so.

They're asking that in case Jody's watching, news organizations get the message out that the family isn't made and her and that she should call home as soon as possible.

Police said a TIP line is available by calling 1-604-947-0516

Anyone with information who wishes to remain anonymous can contact Crime Stoppers at 1- 800 - 222 - TIPS (8477).

With a report by CTV British Columbia's Rob McKee

capeheart

• View Profile
These teenagers that were at the party are certainly not helping things by keeping close mouthed about the party. If they saw anything that could help solve the disappearance of Jodi, it is really stupid of them not to come forward. The fact that she was in the company of someone that was supposed to stay away from her is very suspicious. If he is the last one to have seen her, he has to be a suspect in her disappearance. Maybe a reward would help bring foward more information. Hopefully they will find out what happened to Jodi. If she was drunk, as her ex boyfriend has said, anything could have happened to her. If she had a fight with her ex bf again, well that could have been violent. Also if she was that drunk she could have became disorientated and walked off a cliff or walked into a body of water, it has happened so many times with teens when they have consumed a lot of alcohol. I prayer for her mom and family that they find her and that she does come home safe. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Edsonmom

• View Profile

capeheart

• View Profile
Gavin Arnott is certainly in the headlights here. And if the teenagers at this party think they are being smart about this, they are not. If this man is innocent, they could clear this up. If this man is guilty, they could also clear it up. This sounds like a lot of people know what happened here. The fact that this young man was duct taped to a pole to keep him from being violent, well what does that tell you. Of course, everybody has to have their day in court. But, I do think a reward should be forthcoming for information and conviction. Sometimes that does help to solve a crime and sometimes not. I do hope they keep on this investigation, because it is new and not let it be a cold case. Hopefully they will get some new information soon. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Bowen Island Undercurrent

Jodi Henrickson disappearance still treated as missing person case

Published: July 13, 2009 4:00 PM
Updated: July 13, 2009 4:10 PM

On Monday afternoon, July 13, Cpl. Donald Southern of the Bowen Island detachment of the RCMP told the Undercurrent that there are no new leads with regard to the disappearance of 17-year-old Squamish resident Jodi Henrickson.

Henrickson was last seen between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m. on June 20 in Bowen Island's Scarborough area. She was reported missing by her parents on June 24. Two major searches that have included North Shore Search and Rescue and police helicopters have been undertaken over the past three weeks.

Squamish and Bowen Island RCMP are still on the case, said Southern, but have not learned anything that has brought them closer to finding Henrickson."We are still treating this as a missing person case," he said.

Rumours that police divers were searching the Eagle Cliff area on Sunday are untrue, according to Southern.

Tips continue to come in, Southern said. Police ask that anyone with information relating to the case call 604-947-0516.
http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/50674617.html

capeheart

• View Profile
I still feel the boyfriend is the key person here. Of course his mother is going to say she ran away. But if she was that drunk that nite and he was also, how could she run anywhere. She would have been possibly too ill to even know what was happening. It sure sounds suspicious to me that he was the last one to have seen her. And he had an order to stay away from her, not good, not good at all. I say they will possibly find her somewhere on that island. I mean someone would have had contact with her since almost a month. It is now over three weeks since she has been gone. Sure hope there is a good ending to this, but the longer there is no word, it could go cold. ??? ??? ???

capeheart

• View Profile
Last evening I saw Garvin Arnott being interviewed on TV. He indicated to the reporter that he did have an argument with Jodi and that he indicated in his words, "we had an argument and she may have walked away". The thing that got me was the word that he used "may", which I thought was unusual. Then he said how concerned he was about her. Well, he was the last one to see her. And also the video was checked from the ferry for that day and she did not get on the ferry. It was also noted that if she was in a car, there was no way they could check that. The RCMP indicated on the news that they told her parents that it was not expected to be a good ending in the search for Jodi. My prayers go out to her mom and dad and I hope they do find her soon.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)