Author Topic: Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, MI - Body found  (Read 19061 times)

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Re: Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, MI - Body found
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 01:22:50 AM »
Des all they have is 2 POI's in custody on other charges.. but no direct leads that the public is aware of, to who killed her..I just pray that one day soon, there will be justice for this little angel..

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Nevaeh may have been buried alive
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 01:36:04 AM »
Article published July 15, 2009
Nevaeh may have been buried alive
Girl, 5, died of asphyxiation, inhaled dirt, autopsy shows

Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, of Monroe was found dead June 4.

Zoom | Photo Reprints

By MARK REITER
BLADE STAFF WRITER

MONROE - Nevaeh Buchanan, the murdered 5-year-old Monroe girl whose body was discovered by fishermen last month, may have been buried along the River Raisin alive, authorities said yesterday.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said autopsy results released by the Wayne County medical examiner showed the girl died of asphyxiation and had inhaled dirt into her lungs.

Nevaeh's body was found June 4 buried in a shallow grave and encased in concrete. She had been missing for 11 days.

Sheriff Crutchfield said last night that the girl may have been buried alive or held down in the dirt, causing her to suffocate. The autopsy showed that the body had no trauma such as broken bones or bruises, he said.

The sheriff said the exact day or time of her death couldn't be determined, but the autopsy indicated she died shortly after she was discovered to be missing from her home. "I can't give you a day or time. But it would have been soon after she disappeared. Within a window of a day or so, if not on that very same evening."

No one has been arrested. Her funeral was held one month ago this week.
Nevaeh had been riding a scooter in the parking lot of the Charlotte Arms apartment complex on North Macomb Street in Monroe shortly before she was reported missing on the evening of May 24.

She lived in the apartment complex with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and grandmother Sherry Buchanan.

A Newport, Mich., man and his stepfather who were fishing along the river in Raisinville Township kicked loose the freshly poured concrete to expose part of the girl's body, extinguishing the family's hope of finding the girl alive.

Diana Lawson, Nevaeh's great-aunt, said detectives went yesterday to the Food Town in Monroe where her sister Sherry Buchanan works to discuss the autopsy findings. "They said to her Nevaeh was buried alive," Ms. Lawson said. "She had a little dirt in her throat. She didn't suffer anything."

She said her sister became very emotional after sheriff's detectives told her about how her granddaughter had died.

"She had tears streaming down her cheeks. She's very upset," Ms. Lawson said.

Shaun Lawson, Ms. Lawson's son and Nevaeh's cousin, said she was found face-down in the shallow grave and naked, with her clothes tucked underneath her.

Sheriff Crutchfield said he wouldn't comment on whether the victim was found naked or sexually assaulted. "We aren't discussing those types of details," he said.

The sheriff said toxicology testing conducted by the medical examiner's office showed that she wasn't drugged.

Ms. Lawson said Nevaeh's 24-year-old mother, Jennifer, was inside the Charlotte Arms apartment complex last night and was "not taking it easy" upon hearing about the autopsy.

Shane Hinojosa, Nevaeh's father, learned of the autopsy results from media reports, said his mother, Carla Elliotte.

"He is devastated," she said.

Sherry Buchanan was at work last night and declined to comment.

Ms. Lawson and her son last night renewed their appeal for state lawmakers to institute the death penalty in Michigan for murder.

"I want to see him suffer in a slow death," Ms. Lawson said.

Mr. Lawson said that state taxpayers will end up footing the bill if the killer or killers are arrested and convicted.

"This guy, if they catch him, will end up getting three meals a day and watching cable TV," he said. "The person needs to be caught. That is the main thing. Until the person is caught, every child in this community is in danger."

When asked if there was any solace to autopsy findings that Nevaeh may have died unconscious and didn't suffer trauma, Mr. Lawson said: "It makes it worse. She was buried alive. That's got to be the cruelest way to go - to have all that fear in you when you are dying."

A task force of local, state, and federal investigators has received more than 1,200 tips since the girl's disappearance.

Investigators are continuing to ask the public for help in developing leads and are asking for tips and information on vehicles or anyone who had fished along the river bank near Dixon Road, about halfway between Monroe and Dundee. They are asked to call the task force tip line at 734-243-7070.

"We continue to interview people daily. We are working on tips and they lead us to other tips. We have to clarify those tips and move on," the sheriff said.

Sheriff Crutchfield said testing being conducted at the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory on evidence recovered at the gravesite is ongoing. He refused to comment on what was found at the scene.

Blade Staff Writer Tom Troy contributed to this report.

Contact Mark Reiter at:
markreiter@theblade.com
or 419-724-6050.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090715/NEWS02/907150347

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 01:44:15 AM »
Task force furious over
autopsy leak
Detroit media released Nevaeh's
autopsy Tuesday
Updated: Wednesday, 15 Jul 2009, 5:19 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 15 Jul 2009, 4:18 PM EDT

Michelle Zepeda
MONROE, Mich. - Monroe County investigators are not happy with the leak of the autopsy results for Nevaeh Buchanan.

Although that information is generally public information, the Nevaeh task force, which is comprised of Monroe city, Monroe County, Michigan State Police, and the FBI, chose not to release the results.

The autopsy results were leaked to the Detroit Free Press, which published the report Tuesday afternoon..

The move sent investigators scrambling to notify Nevaeh's family and try to patch up this major blow to their investigation.

Monroe County Sheriff Det. Heath Velliquette said that his department is extremely upset that Nevaeh's autopsy results were leaked and made public. The results could hamper the task force's efforts in charging a suspect with the 5-year-old's murder.

Captain Ray Carroll, with the Toledo Police Department, has been a part of hundreds of investigations and knows how the leak of information can devastate a case.

"I'm sure that was key information they wanted to keep to themselves probably for a variety of reasons," Capt. Carroll said. "I don't know how the public is better off knowing those details they're extremely disturbing."

After the autopsy results were leaked about the 5-year-old Monroe girl, the Monroe Sheriff's Department did confirm late Tuesday that she died basically from inhaling dirt, possibly after being buried alive.

Before the leak the task force had not told Nevaeh's family how she died June 10.

"It's very upsetting and so traumatic and all of these people have heard it before me," Diane Lawson, Nevaeh's great aunt said Tuesday evening.

When detectives develop suspects in a case they keep information out of the public light that only they and the suspects know. Capt. Carroll said that is a valuable tool they may need to get a confession or make an arrest.

"Our job is to put the bad guy in jail," he said. "We're well aware that the news media is a competitive industry and we appreciate everything the media has done for us in getting information out there. We appreciate when news media understands why we don't put information out."

The task force is requesting anyone who has fished in and around the River Raisin in Raisinville Township where Nevaeh's body was located, or saw any vehicles or people in that area are asked to call the (734) 243-7070 tip line.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/michigan/wupw_Task_force_furious_over_autopsy_leak_071509

Sleuth

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 12:32:36 PM »
I found the charts and interpretation by Caroline, on her forensic astrology web site. Interesting, with a description of the abductor/killer and why the mother failed the lie detector test. This is the link for those who want to see the astrology charts for little Nevaeh.

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2009/07/nevaeh-buchanan.html

Friday, July 3, 2009
Nevaeh Buchanan
Young Girl Found Dead While Her Killer Runs Free

You have all heard this horrible story about this little girl who was kidnapped and then found dead in a mud hole covered with cement. This would be shocking and unbelievable if we hadn't just had a young girl kidnapped, raped and found dead in a suitcase but a few months earlier. And this girl was found to have been killed by a woman, a Sunday School teacher, no less! It has gotten so bad in the world at this time in our history that nothing is beyond imagination. There are first times for everything and they are happening all the time.

And there are far too many of these cases going unsolved. Haleigh Cummings, Adji Desir, Amber Dubois, Haylee Donathan and Lindsay Baum, all children, all recently missing, their cases going cold. Even in this day and age, with forensic analysis, DNA, computer indexes, fingerprint databases and intensive media coverage with public involvement on a scale never seen before, we are not finding these children and when we are they are dead. And then we are not able to find out who did this to the child. The only thing we can do is pray and try to fight back, to reach deep into our hearts and souls to find solutions to the horrors that face us. There is something terribly wrong with humanity that it is cold and devious to this extent, taking innocent children to horrible deaths and not caring or even looking back. Who are these people? Are they human? Or are they demons of a sort, a scourge created by our demanding, cold society? Are they the victims of abuse and cold treatment, raised in unloving households, full of hate and confusion, taking out their childhood angst on other children?

I do not even begin to have an answer to this. I am sure you are all at a loss, as well. Great minds have been unable to fix this mess and here we are, still suffering with the results of what amounts to chaos. Anyone who can take a little girl like this and kill her cold and then leave her in mud and cement is unfeeling, uncaring, evil in my book. And this is why I am going to bravely try to read this chart, to try to find out who did this and where they might be now. I realize the odds are extremely slim that I would discover this in a useful, detailed fashion... I think even the most gifted psychic would struggle with it. But I am going to try. I am going to try to use the stars to find the answers to this horrible, unforgivable crime.

This child was last seen in a parking lot at 8 pm in Monroe, Michigan on May 24. Why the child was out and about at 8 pm by herself has come into question, but I have other cases coming up where children were out and about on their own at 9 pm and later. In my day, my mother had us all in bed at 9 pm. No excuses, no complaining. Not that I didn't sneak into the living room later at night and watch the old horror movies after she had gone to bed, but that was the extent of my daring do. And this was up until I was 16 years old! Yes, we were an old fashioned Catholic family... and this was the late 1960s... but why have things changed so much? It's beyond me. Frustrations vented, I will forge ahead with the readings. The first chart I drew up was for the time at which Nevaeh was reportedly last seen, 8 pm.

In this chart, I am going to read it for a child. Her mother is signified by the first house and Neveah, by the fifth. The fifth house ruler is Mars in Aries, which is placed in the fifth. Opposing the fifth house is the eleventh, which is the child's seventh house. This is ruled by Libra, with Venus being conjoined Mars in the fifth. This child is in a playground or play area with another person. Whether this is an adult or another child I am not yet certain. The Moon, co-significator of the child, is in the seventh house and too close to the Sun. This puts the Moon under the Sun's beams and right away screams danger. The Sun does not rule an angular cusp but it is in an angular house, conjoined a ruling planet. I am thinking that this represents a man who is right there, with the child. In fact, he is dangerous to the child. Both the Moon and the Sun are disposed of by Mercury, which is placed also in the seventh. Mercury is in Taurus and not conjoined, so this to me shows another child not associated with Nevaeh. Mercury is retrograde so the child is not aware of what is going on... or if the child was aware of something, she or he would be tardy in coming forward with information. Because both planets are disposed of by Mercury, it may well be that this other child is the reason they are all there. The older person may have been at first interested in this other child and then turned attention to Nevaeh. And Nevaeh may have actually been in the play area because she saw this other child already there. It is my opinion that Navaeh was already near or around her abductor at this time.

And then the charts start to show changes around 9 pm. This chart has the eleventh house ruler moving into the fourth house with the fifth house ruler following. He is taking her to a home in the neighborhood. Interestingly, the first house ruler, Jupiter, is in conjunction with Neptune in the third. This shows her mother moving around the neighborhood, either on foot or in a car. Neptune being the fourth house ruler shows the child is hidden nearby in a home; in the same neighborhood, it looks like. Uranus is angular at the fourth house cusp while it rules the third house, showing again that the mother and child are near each other in the same neighborhood. The child is being led to a home in the neighborhood, but one that is either out of sight or unsuspected. The fifth house ruler, Mars, is also sinister to a sextile with the first house ruler, Jupiter, showing no friction between the mother and daughter. I do not believe Navaeh ran away nor does the chart show her mother being involved. But the Moon is still under the Sun's beams, showing Navaeh to be in grave danger.

Discuss This Case At My Forum

And the chart for 10 pm shows the two of them in his home. He has taken the child to his home and that is where she is being hidden. And this is where he kills her. The next few charts show the child's murder clearly. At 10 pm, the fifth house ruler is Venus and it is conjunct Mars, the eleventh house ruler. This shows the child in the company of this man at his home; the Moon is still hovering under the Suns' beams, showing the person to be a man and that he is dangerous. These planets are in the sixth house. A traditional reading for the Moon in the sixth in a missing person or runaway chart is that the child will most likely never be seen again. The sixth house also shows illness or debility; it is as if the child is sick or near death. These two planets, the Sun and Moon, are both disposed of by Mercury in the fifth. Double marker for a child. And a big omen for me is the eighth house cusp; at 24 degrees of Cancer, it is now exactly square Mars, the marker for her abductor and closely square Venus, the marker for Neveah. He took her back to his home to rape her and kill her. That's the story in a nutshell.

One thing I must say in this instance. I do not see the Mother's markers at play in this chart. She is ruled by Jupiter for the most part and this planet makes no contact with the planets that are in play. It makes me think that she had no part in any of this and as bad as everything looks on the surface, she either did not know the person who did this or never suspected him at all. I think, in retrospect, that she failed the lie detector because she truly suspected her friend and thought he was responsible. I cannot say, from these charts, that he was in fact responsible. I just do not see ties between the abductors planets and hers. There is a sextile between her planet (Jupiter) and the markers (Venus and Mars) but this tells me that something she did made this easy... or just helped it along. By not watching her child more closely, for instance.. or by exposing her to different people and making her too accepting, perhaps. But I do not see direct involvement on the part of the mother. It's just not here.

And then comes the death chart. The planets start to line up; minute by minute, hour after hour, they fall into place. Saturn enters the child's fourth house at around 11 pm. This shows her being confined and held against her will. This is happening in this man's home. And then Pluto enters the child's eighth house at midnight. This shows violence, probably of a sexual nature. And then, just before midnight, Gemini moves onto the fifth house cusp with Mercury falling into the childs' twelfth house. She is restrained, sexually assaulted and killed. Mercury in Taurus rules the throat and Gemini on the fifth house cusp indicates the lungs or breathing. She was either strangled, smothered or suffocated to death. The Moon is still under the Sun's beams from the fifth house, showing murder to occur during a sexual act. The child's fourth house cusp at 0 degrees of Virgo is trine Pluto in 2 degrees Capricorn in her eighth house. Her first house Moon in Gemini is disposed of by Mercury in Taurus in her twelfth house. There is no doubt in my mind that these charts are saying she was suffocated or strangled to death just before midnight.

Now, I will make my usual weak stab at describing this horrible person. Start out, please, by knowing that he is in the same neighborhood and that he held, raped and killed this child not far from her home. The search for this man should start there. And then the chart defines him as Mars in Aries. Traditional readings give these descriptions of Mars in Aries: a man of medium stature, large boned and wiry. Long, oval shaped face with a broad forehead and high cheekbones. Thin and strong at the same time. Stand out ears set high on the head and short hair. What is described as a "military" look. This man has a long nose with wide nostrils that dilate when he's excited. He had reddish or red-brown hair with reddish brown or startling blue eyes. He has a "fiery" demeanor; hot headed, expressive, energetic and argumentative. He may be athletic and talented in martial arts or sports. Fast runner. He has a small mouth with a "smirky" smile. And his skin is rough, dry and probably freckled. Reddish, flushed tint. If a man who looks this way lives nearby or in the near neighborhoods, then he should be investigated. He would have a good reputation, known as a hard worker and enthusiastic. Not a bum, not lazy, not a trouble maker. The fact that he did this will be a surprise for everyone even though the warning signs were there. Often, society admires macho, controlling men without realizing the dangers they pose. Until they are caught doing something like this, they are admired as "strong", "virile", "masculine" and "energetic". In truth, they can be very twisted by their own proclivities, desires and needs that go unnoticed and not investigated by others.

All I can say right now is I hope they catch this man. He is bound to do this again.. and again. I hate it when it takes several murders or more for somebody to get caught... frame Ted Bundy in your mind. It is just awful that so many lives have to be taken for authorities to become aware of an evil in our midst. Of course, this is the price of living in a free society and no, I am not willing to give up freedoms in exchange for safety. We just have to be more aware, more vigilant, and willing to go beyond traditional ideology. Only when we are open to the idea that evil in our midst could be in the form of what we have come to believe is good will we be on the path to finding true security. It is in the intuition, the instinct, the "gut feeling" that truth comes through. We must learn to trust our hearts.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 06:33:35 AM »

The search for Nevaeh Buchanan
Monday, February 15, 2010

Almost a year and 13,000 tips later, no killer has been charged with the child's death
It's the most high-profile murder case in our area in years. Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, was taken from her home and buried alive. It happened last summer, but to this day, the crime remains unsolved.

Her name was Nevaeh-- heaven spelled backward-- and on her tombstone, she's called "Monroe's Little Angel."

Diana Lawson is Nevaeh's great-aunt. She still lives in the Charlotte Arms apartment building, across the hall from where Nevaeh was last seen. That was May 24 of last year.

How Nevaeh disappeared is unclear. After a massive 10-day search, two fishermen uncovered her body. It was encased in cement along a bank of the River Raisin, near the town of Maybee.

A large, wooden cross now stands along the riverbank, marking the site where investigators recovered Nevaeh's body. It's here you'll also find signs offering a $20,000 reward to whomever can help solve this mystery.

Two weeks ago would have marked Nevaeh's sixth birthday. A small crowd gathered to remember the girl, including Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan. Jennifer did not speak to the media.

She and Nevaeh's grandmother, who was the girl's legal guardian, have since moved out of Charlotte Arms.
Meantime, Nevaeh's aunt says she still contacts investigators, asking for updates.

We were all set to talk with a sergeant about the investigation and where it stands, when the sheriff of Monroe County pulled the plug. At this point, we are told there will be no on-camera interviews about the Nevaeh Buchanan case.

We do know the two men originally considered "persons of interest" are still in prison. George Kennedy and Roy Smith never faced new charges.

The convicted sex offenders were both found guilty of violating parole by contacting Nevaeh's family. They're currently finishing out their original sentences.

As for Nevaeh's great-aunt, she wonders how much detectives know and how much she doesn't. "They're not talking much about anything. I don't know if they've got anything, any clues."

That leaves her, and many others, to question: what led up to the killing of Monroe's little angel? Who took the young life of Nevaeh Buchanan? And perhaps the most nagging question of all -- Why?

The sheriff's office has fielded 13,000 tips. The lead detective continues to investigate every day. If you have any information, give them a call at 734-240-7550

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7278752

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 06:37:39 AM »
A year later, no answers in Nevaeh Buchanan murder
George Hunter / The Detroit News

Monroe -- Risa Thompson had a distressing conversation recently with a stranger who thought her nightmare was over.

"When he found out I was related to Nevaeh, he said: 'The cops caught the guy who killed her, didn't they?' " Thompson said. "I still talk to people who think the murderer has been caught."

Thompson, cousin of slain 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan, is trying to get the word out that the killer is still on the loose.
It's been almost a year since Nevaeh was last seen by neighbors as she played on her scooter in the Charlotte Arms Apartments in the evening of May 23.

After a search that made national headlines, Nevaeh's body was found June 4 about 10 miles away by two fishermen who spotted skin beneath freshly poured concrete near the River Raisin. An autopsy later revealed she had dirt in her lungs, meaning she likely was buried alive.

The case was highlighted for several weeks after the abduction in the national media, including segments on CNN's Nancy Grace show.

But while the nationwide spotlight has waned, the pain remains for Nevaeh's family.

"It bothers me that people think this is over," said Thompson, 42, of Livonia. "Some people are surprised to hear that the killer hasn't been found."

Thompson has joined with friends and relatives to form Justice for Nevaeh, a group whose aim is to keep the case in the public eye.

The group last month held a poster campaign and passed out hundreds of fliers bearing two images of Nevaeh, along with the offer of a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderer.

Sherry Buchanan broke into tears at the April 26 poster campaign as she discussed the pain of not knowing who killed her granddaughter.

"It's really hard," she said. "I still want answers. I want to see whoever did this face to face. There are so many things I want to ask. Why her? She was just a baby. I don't understand it.

"I want them to come forward; to give themselves up," the grandmother said. "I just want them to know how I feel. I hurt inside. I pray every night that they don't sleep good -- I hope they see Nevaeh's face every night like I do."

Since September, more than 10,000 posters have been passed out and hung in area grocery stores, gas stations and other businesses. In addition, Lake Erie Transit, which runs eight bus routes in Monroe County, has agreed to display large posters on the outside of two coaches, and smaller versions inside eight of their buses.

Nevaeh's friends and family say they haven't heard much from the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, which is conducting the murder investigation.

"We're not hearing a lot from the police," Thompson said. "But I think they're just doing their job; they can't put information out there that they can't prove 100 percent, so they're being careful.

"They don't want a child killer to get off on a technicality."
Two sex offenders who were friends with Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, were arrested shortly after the girl disappeared and named "persons of interest" in the case. But while George Kennedy, who served five years in prison for having sex with a 15-year-old girl, and convicted rapist Roy Lee Smith remain in prison for parole violations, police said months ago they are not connected with Nevaeh's murder.

Phone calls to Monroe County Sheriff's detectives Friday were not returned.

Sherry Buchanan said her daughter has also been eliminated by police as a suspect, although she said people still give Jennifer Buchanan "funny looks."

"I know people think she had something to do with it, but the sheriffs told me they don't consider her a suspect," Sherry Buchanan said. "People have ridiculed my daughter. She's taking it hard."

Jennifer Buchanan appeared at the poster campaign but did not speak to the media.

"It was hard enough to get her to come," Sherry Buchanan said. "She's hurting inside. We all are."

Anyone with information is asked to call the Monroe County Sheriff's Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force at (734) 457-6713.
ghunter@detnews.com (313) 222-2134

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100510/METRO/5100333/1409/rss36#ixzz0o5sheFwH

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 01:33:04 PM »
I also thought that this case was solved, because there was not too much information during the year about Nevaeh. In the early stages of the case it was noted that the mother was around people who were sexual predators and I thought they had arrested someone. I truly hope the police are focusing on this case and find who killed this little girl. There was a great deal of time taken to try and conceal the body. Were there any video surveillance cameras around the area where Nevaeh went missing? Her mother should start camping on the doorstep of the police station and keep after them at least once a week about this case. This is terrifying to think that this person is out there and can harm another innocent child.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »
Nevaeh killer reward fund increased
Combined reward now sits at $22,500
Updated: Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 12:00 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 12:00 AM EDT

MONROE, Mich. (WUPW) - A group in Monroe, Mich. hopes more cash will lead police to find Nevaeh Buchanan's killer.

Justice for Nevaeh is offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

The $1,500 is separate from the $20,000 offered from the FBI and $1,000 from Michigan Crime Stoppers.

Nevaeh was abducted during Memorial Day weekend 2009. Her case has gone unsolved for nearly a year.

Her body was found along the River Raisin a week later.

Police have not made any arrests in the case.

If you know anything, you are being asked to call Nevaeh Task Force at 734-457-6713.
http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Nevaeh-killer-reward-fund-increased

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 08:03:23 PM »
Here is a nicely written memorial piece for nevaeh. 

Edsonmom, nice job on the timeline. This article confirms one other detail to add to your nice work.  It confirms that the police told nevaeh's family that she died on June 4th, the day she was found, 11 days after missing. Sadly, that puts a whole new look at what the poor lil one must have gone through.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100615/FEATURES01/6150344/1372/Features/Nevaehs-mom-caught-between-pain-anger

POSTED: JUNE 15, 2010
Nevaeh's mom caught between pain, anger

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 09:43:35 PM »
Lil "Heaven" spelled backwards. Her days on earth ended backwards of "Heaven." She will always hold a special place in my heart.

A July 6, 2010 article discloses new information about the investigation.
- "Buchanan (Nevaeh's mother) said police told her that Nevaeh was not sexually assaulted and that no drugs were found in her system."
- "An autopsy showed the child died of asphyxiation. According to local news reports, she was most likely buried alive, though police will not formally confirm details. They did say, however, that a material similar to cement was found on top of her body."
- "Police would not discuss whether the child was sexually abused, but Detective Sgt. Heath Velliquette of the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said toxicology reports came back negative."
- "Police have since shifted their focus away from the two sex offenders. "We are looking in a different direction in recent months, based on our investigation," said Velliquette. Investigators are looking at another Monroe resident, but Velliquette would provide no further details."
- "This is not a cold case," Velliquette said. "We are following up leads and investigating new information every day."

For full story:  http://us.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/05/grace.coldcase.nevaeh.buchanan/index.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:41 PM »
That is very good news related to this case. It is great that the police are still active on this case and that they are looking in another direction. Hopefully this time there will be an arrest. :( :( :( :(

Edsonmom

• View Profile

Sleuth

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2010, 12:51:57 AM »
Am I glad the group of wonderful citizen's who work towards, 'Justice for Nevaeh are putting up poster's of the little one, where she was found, and the words; ["Tell me, how do you sleep at night knowing what you did to me?" reads the text, written as if spoken by Nevaeh herself. "When you fall asleep, do you hear my heart beating? Do you hear me breathing? Giggling? Crying? You were once 5 just like me. Tell me, did I deserve this?" ] They are appealing to a person with a conscience, I don't think this person has a conscience.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »
This animal that did this to this little girl does not have a conscience. And I just wonder what little children are in danger as we speak because of this monster. It is hard to comprehend the evil that exists out there and puts the children in so much danger.  :( :( :( :( :(