Author Topic: Lizzie Tomlinson - May 24, 1980 - Age 6 - Murdered - Toronto  (Read 70852 times)

Sleuth

Re: Lizzie Tomlinson - May 24, 1980 - Age 6 - Murdered - Toronto
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
and on May 3st, 1980 in the Toronto Star a clear and crisp picture of the perp. What an ugly man. For all his ugliness, he must have had something going for him to attract a child to go with him, the ice-cream cone I would say. And once again the Forensic psychiatrist gives her opinion on the sick flock. One of the interesting aspects is she believes he does not read newspapers, but watches the news on TV or listens to the news on the radio.

Sleuth

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 07:49:08 PM »
An article which appears June 12h, 1980 states, that the $7,000.00 which was raised to help the Tomlinson family, they gave it away. Half to the board of Education and Sick Children's Hospital. A mobile incubator was bought to help transport sick babies to Hospital and the other half went to establish a scholarship program at Park Public School, where little Lizzie was in Kindergarten. A family with integrity.   

Sleuth

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 08:42:44 PM »
Here is the December 24th, 1980 trial of the man arrested in little Lizzie's rape/torture/murder. There are pictures of the man, who is little Lizzie's 28/29 year old cousin, who is mentally handicapped. Picture of little Lizzie and the perp sketch. I am not going to post my thoughts on this. I will leave it to others to post their opinion, and please be objective, because it is an emotional page to read.

This was a happy Christmas for some.

Sleuth

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 08:58:54 PM »
here is something ya won't believe. The Police showed an Evangelistic congregation slides of the bodies of Lizzie, Lisa Kowalski, age 8 and others in aid of reinstating the Death Penalty.

If anyone wants the other articles up dealing with the aftermath on the slide show, let me know and I will post it.

So now we know that the Police have slides of little Lizzie's body, fingerprints of little Lizzie's perp, a sketch of the perp, Two Cigarette butts, and DNA. So come on Mr Police Man time's a ticking to make a move on this crime.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:31:49 AM by Sleuth »

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 06:50:16 AM »
Excellent effort Sleuth - all this information in one place is very helpful.

Sleuth

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 02:58:00 AM »
I was searching for any newspaper articles where a man had killed a child or woman in the manner of little Lizzie. I found a man by the name of Eric Howard Keller, who was out on mandatory supervision after severing a 15 month sentence for indecent assault. He moved to Acton and was living next door to the Oates for two weeks before he murdered Collen Oates, a young mother of two young children, on October 22, 1981, (the children were asleep in the next room and Collen's husband was at work). He knifed her to death with a kitchen knife but he also savaged her with a curling iron. He was caught in Pickering hiding in an industrial area. He had brown hair and blue eyes and was aged 31, no other description or picture of him. he was sentenced to 17 years, which means he is out now, God Bless our Justice system   >:(  
I wonder if he was out of prison during little Lizzie's murder?
This is probably a long shot but I thought I would give it a go.
Does anyone else know anything about this creep or the young lady Collen Oates, or the events of that night?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:02:17 AM by Sleuth »

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »
Sleuth - have been trying since Friday to look up articles in The Toronto Star for Eric Howard Keller and only got one hit - a report on 23 October 1981 regarding the killing.  That article describes him as 6" 3" unlike descriptions of Lizzie's killer as 5" 7".

Tech support at the Star claims they do not get any hits either, yet you have one here for 4 March 1983.  Will try them again as to why nothing shows up in their archives.

Sleuth

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2009, 02:49:24 AM »
I went on the hunt again and went further into the Toronto Star archives and found a small blurb. The killer, Eric Howard Keller was 6'3" and weighed 230. Too tall and too fat for Lizzie and the others. A tall fat killer is what he is. By what I read, he was released from prison and went to live with relatives who resided beside the Oates and had been living there for only two weeks when he cold bloodily murdered a young mother of two and a husband who loved her dearly. So he was out of prison for only two weeks. Why oh why or I should say what oh what is wrong with our system that continually releases perps back into society to rape, murder, and pillage again, and again. Smarten up Government!!!!!

Sleuth

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2010, 12:00:37 AM »

Sleuth

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2010, 01:35:58 AM »
Well, now that you ask, he can't ride his horse in prison now can he. And his favourite pastime, trolling for little girls and murder will be a thing of the past.

dardarinbc

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
I remember Lizzie she lived in the lane around the corner where I lived. To this day me and many others believe that Gregory Guerin is responsible for this crime. Maybe one day the det. will listen and someone will pay for this little girls life.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 05:37:30 PM »
Hi dardarinbc - it would be very interesting to hear why, as a former neighbour, you feel Lizzie's cousin was responsible for her murder.

It sure didn't look good for him when he swallowed rat poison just before his arrest, however the judge found there was not enough evidence to send him to trial.

The one thing that always stuck in my mind about Guerin was that the other children playing with Lizzie in the park that day would have recognized him on sight, but none of them said his name.  Weren't some of Lizzie's siblings there that day?

It would be most interestng to hear your perspective.

Sleuth

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 05:42:37 PM »
Welcome dardarinba! Do you know whether or not Gregory Guerin is still alive? If not, do you know when he died and how?

itdoesntmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 07:15:13 AM »
Nothing much shocks me.  I've seen way too much to be easily shocked but this one got to me.  I learned, at a very young age that humans were capable of things beyond the imagination.

Here's what I don't get about this case though.  Lots of ppl saw them walking towards the area that Lizzie was found but what about seeing him leaving?  To do this type of crime he would have had a fair bit of blood on him.  How would he clean up so that he wasn't noticed?  Why wasn't he noticed period, leaving the area?

Does Guerin fit the description the witnesses gave?  Did he have a history of violence? 

It's pretty bold to go walking about a km with a child, in broad daylight,  that is going to be found murdered.  Then hangs around the crime scene for a while.  That sounds to me like someone that doesn't care if he's caught.....at the very least, he isn't worried.  Not someone that I would expect to swallow rat poison because he did get caught.  I didn't read anywhere, anything about Guerin swallowing rat poison...does anyone have that link?

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »
Will try again to link Toronto Star Pages of the Past - I noticed before the article does not show up.

If it does not work, it's from 5 June 1980, front page and page 2.  Guerin lived 2 doors away from Lizzie, so would be recognized to some degree in the neighbourhood.

http://pagesofthepast.ca/PageView.asp