Author Topic: Barbara Ann wood 1948  (Read 7195 times)

BCID

Barbara Ann wood 1948
« on: April 24, 2009, 10:59:42 PM »
Okay, I vaguely remember this case. I know it was still unsolved as of the late 90's. If anyone who is older than I am and was born and raised in Ontario, you may remember this.

It was the case of a baby (boy?) who was left in his pram outside a grocery store while his (?) mother was buying a few items. When she came out, she found the pram but the child was gone.

Now in the late 80's/early 90's, I had this missing child's info and photo from one of the Canadian missing persons organizations, on a BBS (pre-internet dial-up with 2400 baud modems for you younger people). This child was also listed on Doe Network in the few early days of it's life but they lost the file (among others) when they made the move to a new service provider shortly there after.

Does anyone remember this case or know how we can obtain the old photo and articles?

This case happened roughly in 1948 or the late 40's.

Can we bring this case back to the public eye?

I am too far away from Ontario to help dig through the archives. Are there any takers?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:33:20 PM by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: abducted infant circa 1948
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »
I am already suspisious of the mother in this case and I have not even read the details. might need a subsciption to the Star newspaper archives to find this story.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:47:32 PM »
Do we have any idea as to the name of the town or even general area (north, south, anything?).  Not much to go on here.  Chris, are you thinking that this sounds like the story/legend of the woman who believed she had a baby, but had never actually had a child of her own?  Its a common one along the Ont/Quebec border, told at campfires to freak each other out, like the hitch hiker stories.

BCID

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:23 AM »
After searchingfor nearly a year, I have found the case. Thename of the child even rang a bell. I knew it had to be around somewhere.

The file will now be added to the London, Ontario forum under the name Barbara Wood.

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »
I believe this is the old case file you are speaking of http://web.archive.org/web/20020122045455/www.angelfire.com/wy/doe/56ufont.html

We were never able to validate the file with Law Enforcement so we removed it. I think maybe it was Barbara Ann Wood. I will see if I can find out if she was ever found. Great sleuthing!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara Ann wood 1948
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »
I got confirmation this is in fact Barbara Ann wood