Author Topic: Lindsay Buziak - 24 - Murdered - February 2, 2008 - Victoria, BC  (Read 104198 times)

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Lindsay Buziak - 24 - Murdered - February 2, 2008 - Victoria, BC
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2019, 10:56:32 AM »
Another walk and no forthcoming info that could solve the case.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/who-killed-lindsay-buziak-family-of-murdered-realtor-seeks-justice-1.4280571
Who killed Lindsay Buziak? Family of murdered realtor seeks justice
11 years since Victoria realtor killed

The family of a murdered realtor is seeking answers on the anniversary of her death.

CTV Vancouver
Published Saturday, February 2, 2019 6:47PM PST
It's been 11 years since a young realtor was brutally murdered during a showing and her family has not lost hope that the killer, or killers, will be brought to justice.

Lindsay Buziak, 24, was showing a Victoria-area home to a man and a woman on Feb. 2, 2008 when she was stabbed to death.

Her father, Jeff Buziak, tries to keep the case in the spotlight by holding an annual Walk for Justice in her honour.

"What I miss the most about my child is her lively spirit, her great personality and of course, the love she had for her family and friends," said Jeff. "Just hearing her say, 'Daddy,' which she did, right up until she was executed."

He openly criticized the Saanich Police Department over the years for allowing those responsible to walk free.

"The police are not cooperative. They tell you nothing. They want you to go home, be quiet and let things happen. Well, as you can see we are 11 years in and nothing has happened."

Saanich Police said the file remains open and active, adding the case stays with the same three officers for continuity.

"Whenever information comes in though, we are resourcing it appropriately and pulling in additional officers to really pursue any leads," said Sgt. Julie Fast.

Buziak's death prompted industry-wide changes, including tighter security measures to protect real estate agents.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2019, 06:38:26 PM »
Today Lindsay's father was on Dr. Phil.  He claimed that the police are not doing a proper job of investigating the case. He said that he feels there is some kind of a cover-up on this case. He also indicated that he was in contact with them several times and after two years they concluded that it was being treated as a "cold case".  He said he had made such a fuss over the case being closed that then they said, no, it wasn't a "cold case".  Because if they say that, then they have to give him all the information and they are not able to do that, indicating they are still trying to solve it.  I feel he is right about this.  Victoria is quite a nice city and also easy to get around, because I lived there for two years.  I was so shocked to hear of this case and cannot believe it was not solved.  He stated that Lindsay did tell him that she saw something she shouldn't see.  She did not tell him what it was and said she would, but not right now.  When she received the call on that particular day for her appointment, she was kind of suspicious of the call, talking with a woman all the time and then with a male person.  A witness saw two people with her on that day and they were going into the home.  A witness that was driving by and knew Lindsay, they just casually looked because they were driving.  I feel also that her father is correct on this, that they are not doing anything to investigate this case.  There are many unsolved cases on the west coast and I wonder what in the heck is going on with these officers.  They don't seem to be solving a lot of murder cases.  They would rather chase someone and arrest them for a joint or something stupid. Anyone knowing anything about this case is urged to call Crime Stoppers or the police in the area of the crime. Somebody out there knows who did this horrific crime and 11 years is way too long for it not to be solved.   :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2019, 07:14:31 PM »
ITA Cape. British Columbia is big on money laundering and crime. The police have to watch whose feet they step on and Mr. Buziak is the lesser of their worries. So sad that lives don't matter.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2019, 05:38:23 PM »
Yes, the money laundering issue has been going on for years. There are so many wealthy people from other countries laundering money, oriental money, we all know that.  I actually believe that Lindsay saw an interaction of a great deal of money changing hands and possibly law officials or someone in a high profile situation was involved. It is so sad that she did not tell her dad the information she wanted to tell him. She was in real estate and that is where all the crime was going on.  She made a grave mistake of not confiding in someone what she did see.  It seemed she knew a lot of undesirable people in her social life.  He may be successful and I hope he is.   I do believe he should have gotten someone else to do undercover work in this situation.  I don't hear of too many cases being solved by the BC  RCMP, there doesn't seem to be great detectives and sincere persons working on the force. We've heard plenty of sad stories in the past related to police investigations.  When someone puts their faith in a department that isn't doing their job and letting things slide by the wayside, nothing will ever be resolved. We are supposed to go to police forces for help, but to be shut down or interrogated in an unprofessional way, it has to be degrading to any citizen of Canada. We do know there are great police officers out there, they do have compassion and are there to help. Also there are some not so professional officers that use their power to hurt the system and not to help it.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2019, 02:29:23 PM »
I think about this unsolved murder from time to time...and agree with Lindsay’s dad...not enough has been done.
I believe someone wanted her kept quiet...That’s why she was murdered.

Regarding the money laundering...it upsets me greatly that Canadian authorities are so stupid.
B.C. woke up to some degree...hope Ontario does.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2019, 07:48:54 PM »
Someone gets paid under the table and things go quiet. It happened in the Picton case. The retired RCMP member who worked on his own as a detective on Highway 16 murders even said pressure was on him to "quit" ruffling feathers. I also agree with Mr. Buziak.