Author Topic: Lindsay Buziak - 24 - Murdered - February 2, 2008 - Victoria, BC  (Read 104431 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Lindsay Buziak - 24 - Murdered - February 2, 2008 - Victoria, BC
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2014, 10:08:05 PM »
People who knew her were not always forthcoming with police, according to Dateline, and the Detective sensed that some of her friends were afraid to speak up.   Afraid of what?  Afraid of whom?

http://lindsaybuziakmurder.com/
and ----

Here they spell  out some potential connections between Calgary and Victoria.

While there are other similar things repeated on various sites about the connections of the drug trade, which Lindsay, innocently might have known something about, can be found on the internet, here is one of them.
Three days after she left Calgary there was a huge drug bust, and an old Calgary high school friend was involved.
Someone may have said that she was the one that snitched to the police. And the connections of these people to Victoria is more than coincidence.  It has been stressed time and again that Lindsay never used drugs.  She innocently crossed paths in an informal way with the wrong people has been strongly suggested. 

These are all theories, actually no one really knows. The police do not dispute it either way.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:20:03 PM by debbiec »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2014, 04:22:49 AM »
The phone was bought in Vancouver in late 2007.  Lindsay visited Calgary in late 2007, the drug bust happened 3 days before Lindsay was murdered....so I do not really see a connection between the bust and her murder, but I do see a connection between the phone and the murder of Lindsay.   If the phone went from Vancouver to Victoria ( where Lindsay was murdered) then a any surveillance from the ferries should be scrutinized.  Whoever killed Lindsay had already started making plans in 2007 to do so.....at least a month before the drug bust.  That's the way I see this.   Also, Lindsay was not the listing agents on the house, two other female realtors were....so this crime was so well planned, the perp(s) knew the house was vacant, the listing realtors were not available....but, Lindsay was.       (Please forgive some errors in my posts, my laptop fried and I am down to my iPad which I haven't quite mastered..lol)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:28:59 AM by jobo »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2014, 04:33:27 AM »
I meant to say that the phone travelled from Vancouver to Victoria within the 24 hours before Lindsay's murder...so I hope they went over the surveillance from the ferries with a fine tooth comb, and checked out the passengers....but then again the perp(s) could have used a private vessel.  Logical,  the house that was for sale was quite large and lovely, Lindsay would probably get great commission.....but the problem is that the home was not even her listing, in my opinion that is also a huge red flag....who knew so much about her and even the other two realtors that they knew they could lure Lindsay to that beautiful vacant home?  And that the listing agents would not be available?  The perp(s) certainly knew a lot.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:43:17 AM by jobo »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2014, 12:10:36 PM »
quote Jobo:  the house that was for sale was quite large and lovely, Lindsay would probably get great commission.....but the problem is that the home was not even her listing, in my opinion that is also a huge red flag....who knew so much about her and even the other two realtors that they knew they could lure Lindsay to that beautiful vacant home?  And that the listing agents would not be available?  The perp(s) certainly knew a lot." unquote

Excellent point.  I wondered also, why the two listers of this property were not informed of a possible buyer, and given the phone number of the person enquiring to set up an appointment.  I once worked in a real estate office, on the Admin end of it, and there is much envy that takes place, realtors guard their listings, especially if it was an Exclusive. - Great commissions earned by  being both the  lister  and  the seller of a property.

They would be very upset if the showing went to someone else.  I have seen it happen, and it causes much disruption in the office, should that ever take place.  Usually, every effort is made to contact the listers before a showing is given to someone else in the office.  (Did the caller call in directly? - or did they specifically ask to speak to her?)

There were two listers, surely one of them would have been available to show this property?? They do carry cell phones.

I found it very strange too, Jobo.
quote from last news article in reply 162.

investigators have said they believe organized crime could somehow be connected to her death.

JB
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:52:26 PM by jellybean »

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2014, 11:21:45 AM »
I would like to point out that a stabbing, in my mind, is usually a pretty personal crime or a crime of passion.  If it was a hired hit, to me, it would have been much cleaner.  JMO

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2017, 01:22:54 AM »
Crimewatch daily is doing a segment on Lindsey June 9th. Alberta time 12 midnight. I did not notice any earlier times.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
I just watched Crimewatch Daily this morning and saw the story about Lindsay's murder  and her dad giving information. The motive certainly seems to be knowledge she may have come across when visiting Calgary. It is very sad that this case has not been solved. I think in their hearts they know who committed this crime. At the end of the show they did indicate, there is one piece of the puzzle that needs to be added and I think they will solve this crime. God bless her family and friends living with this horrible crime all these years and not knowing who was responsible. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2017, 01:55:16 AM »
I think also that the perps have something to do with Calgary and the 8 million dollar cocaine bust. Trouble is, like I mentioned before ... these people are always paranoid about being ratted out and act before finding the truth. The fact is that the drug thugs were under investigation for several months prior already, with several jurisdictions involved. Lindsey would not have had anything to do with spilling the beans only 6 weeks earlier.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »
I think also that the perps have something to do with Calgary and the 8 million dollar cocaine bust. Trouble is, like I mentioned before ... these people are always paranoid about being ratted out and act before finding the truth. The fact is that the drug thugs were under investigation for several months prior already, with several jurisdictions involved. Lindsey would not have had anything to do with spilling the beans only 6 weeks earlier.

Whatever reason could there be other than drugs?  What was to be gained by the killers - (a man and woman?)  Not robbery that is for certain.  They went to great lengths to murder her and cover their tracks. In fact, by Lindsay's early behavior, setting up the appointment, showing them in,  she did not even know them. imo
They were hired killers.

jb

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2017, 07:32:01 PM »
I think that Lindsay was unknowingly drawn into something big in the drug business. They could have thought she knew something or felt she was responsible for them being caught and she possibly was totally innocent of any knowledge of any of the drug business. I think she would have been very afraid to blow the whistle on any such crime.  I think it will be solved. Somebody will snitch on someone, because they didn't get what they wanted. Maybe there were more persons who were murdered and there could be a connection to Lindsay's murder, all related to the drug bust. They should look into any suspicious deaths around the time Lindsay was murdered and if she may have had a connection to them, in the Calgary area. Just a thought on that.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2017, 05:42:56 AM »
Can they figure out who wrote "I killed Lindsay" by the IP address on the message?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2017, 09:52:31 AM »
Can they figure out who wrote "I killed Lindsay" by the IP address on the message?

I also have my doubts that the message was written by the killer, however there is no proof of that.

Administrators of the website, and authorities, may be able to figure out where the message originated from. That having been said, it seems likely to me that the writer would use a public computer, possibly in a community that is not where they live. Then again,  they may not be that smart.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
That is a dirty disgusting and deranged thing to do to a family that is hurting. Hoping they find who did it, but like the murder itself, everything was well planned long before, as we learned that the burner cell was purchased months before actually being used. If the perps made that comment, they will likely have covered all their bases, but if it is someone just being sick ... they may not have been smart enough.