Author Topic: Lindsay Buziak - 24 - Murdered - February 2, 2008 - Victoria, BC  (Read 94742 times)

victorian

• View Profile
Re: Lindsay Buziak - 24 - Murdered - February 2, 2008 - Victoria, BC
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »
 :o
I had no idea. This has never occurred to me. I'll have to do some research later. Does LE take this into account?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »
This is the first time I've read about Lindsay Buziak's murder and it is quite shocking. I lived in Victoria for a couple of years and know of the area. This is so sad, something you certainly would never think of happening in Victoria. I am at a loss as to why the police did not get every available message out with a description of the killer and the sketch. These suspects had to be seen, I mean this was a day time crime. I just wonder why she didn't take someone with her when she felt uneasy about the appointment. Everybody should follow their gut feeling, if you get an intuition about something, follow it, because there is a reason this happens. Well this person could have been wearing a wig and changed clothes, so maybe it would not have mattered. It certainly is not a good sketch, very poor. But again, what would the motive be, what would it be. Would it have anything to do with the home, was it a new home??Was there a bitter divorce going on, to keep maybe the home from being sold because someone was murdered in it. Then nobody would be so willing to buy the home?? If these people were strangers to her, what other motive could there be?? It certainly is a mystery. This should be done as a special program on W5 or the Fifth Estate, because we sure did not hear anything about it down here in Nova Scotia. Much should be done to get some information on this before the case goes too cold. My condolences to her family and friends, it must be heartbreaking with no news forthcoming on an arrest in this case. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 01:03:49 PM »
I had forgotten about this crime until today. I just still cannot believe that this happened in Victoria and the area of Saanich. Why wouldn't this have been solved very quickly. There should have been road blocks put up exiting the city. Victoria, there is only about one way out of there and there is the ferry across to Seattle. The dress she was wearing was like a neon sign, could have been spotted in a heartbeat. But she probably changed her clothing. So if the police think they have the name in the last of the tips they got, keep going back and interviewing them until they break down. Keep taking them in for questioning. There was a lot of mistakes made here in the first hours of this crime. These sketches should have gone on TV immediately after they were made. What are the police thinking about, that's why you get sketches out there so they can be caught. What would be the motive. Did Lindsay ever go with an ex boyfriend of someone in college. Steal somebody's boyfriend, as such. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. There have been several times a female has killed her boyfriend's ex fiance. I had just seen the movie about a case several years ago, "The Stalking of Laurie Stahl". If you didn't see it, you should watch it because it gives an insight into how sick some people are. Maybe a private detective could be hired. But if the police really have a thought about this crime, they can set a person up to fall into a trap. Also they can tap phone lines and watch who is contacting who. This has to be solved, it just has to be. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with the family and loved ones of Lindsay.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:10:12 PM by capeheart »

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 02:31:41 PM »
It almost seems like a revenge killing to me.  I expect the police have considered that someone had a bone to pick with the boyfriend and what better way than to harm someone close to him to exact their revenge.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »
The police said it is a targeted crime. So it would have to be about a boyfriend, I would say. It may not be her current boyfriend, it could be a boyfriend from the past. The police should never stop until they have these people behind bars. I hope the reward helps in getting justice for Lindsay. 8) 8) 8) 8)

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »
You would think the police would taken every available avenue at hand in the immediate days of Lindsay's murder, very horrific, out of the norm for a city like Victoria and the fact that she was targeted. Her father could be exactly right, the person is still in Victoria. He must have some reason for thinking this. Also, this female may not have had blond hair, that could've been a wig. The whole getup she had on may have been like they say, a red herring. I mean the dress was so vivid in colour that certainly there was a reason for that. Great lengths were made to get a cell phone with no trace of who phoned. In actual fact, they may usually not be well dressed people and possibly dress like bikers or something. Maybe this is how they avoided detection on that day. Even the FBI should be called in to have a professional profiler to give some insight into her death.  I do hope that Dateline does a program on Lindsay's case. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Sijiazhentan

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 06:45:11 PM »

If any serious investigators are curious about this image, please private message me.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »
I certainly can see some similarities in this sketch. Buziak, would that be an East Indian name or was she born in this country? There have been several murders whereby there is revenge against the ex girlfriend, because the new girlfriend does not want the ex in the picture at all. They are obsessed, because they think it is a possibility that he may go back to his ex. This is quite a resemblance and I hope you do get some serious investigators to get the information on this individual. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sijiazhentan

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
To address your concern Chet, yes it is a vague sketch. But it's also a unique face with some curious features that seem to correlate with the individual in the picture I've posted.

And most importantly, the links between this person and Lindsay aren't something a google search could create.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »
I am really thrilled to hear that Dateline is going to be doing a program on this case. I am sure after it has been shown that there will be lots of tips and the case may be solved. I wish that Lindsay had followed her gut feeling about this person wanting her to come alone. I cannot imagine why she would not just ask about three or four people to come with her, I would. What could be the motive??? I hope that you will post on here when the show will be on Dateline. Of course, I am always watching dateline, I love the show.  ??? ??? ???

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
What if, the sketch is of a man with a wig on.?? could have been 2 men. Just a thought.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »
art-hu, I had thought of that earlier on also. It very well could have been two males. There are a lot of men that can dress like a woman and look really feminine. I really believe this case is going to be solved. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 06:33:19 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/06/28/bc-lindsay-buziak-realtor-death-saanich.html?ref=rss&loomia_si=t0:a16:g2:r1:c0.131235:b35269244

he father of a slain realtor from suburban Victoria is hoping a team of private investigators can help find the killer.

Jeff Buziak says everyone involved is "very frustrated" the case involving his daughter, Lindsay, has not been solved.

The 24-year-old was stabbed to death while showing a $1-million house in Saanich, B.C., in February 2008.

Police say it appears Buziak was intentionally lured to the home by two people pretending to be potential buyers.

Buziak's family, along with the Greater Victoria Real Estate Board and the Canadian Real Estate Association, put up a $100,000 reward for information in February, but the case remains unsolved.

Two private investigators are working as volunteers to help in the cause.

"There are numerous other people assisting and working," Jeff Buziak said.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/06/28/bc-lindsay-buziak-realtor-death-saanich.html?ref=rss&loomia_si=t0:a16:g2:r1:c0.131235:b35269244#ixzz0sCJlZSTE

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 06:09:45 PM »
Every available policeman should have been put on this case as soon as the crime was discovered. There must have been surveillance cameras in the area somewhere that would have caught a car or persons fleeing the area. What is the reason Lindsay was targetted, that is the big question????? I do hope that her father is successful in finding out who the murderers are in the death of his beautiful daughter. Time is clicking by and I hope this is not going to be a cold, cold case and never solved. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(