Author Topic: Lindsay Buziak - 24 - Murdered - February 2, 2008 - Victoria, BC  (Read 96633 times)

victorian

• View Profile
Hi I'm new to the site and noticed Lindsay isn't here. It's a high profile case here in Victoria as she was one of the youngest real estate agents at age 24.
I'll try and post any pertinent articles.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:44:47 PM by debbiec »

Edsonmom

• View Profile

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Re: Lindsay Buziak - 24 - Murdered - February 2, 2008 - Victoria, BC
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:27:06 AM »
Wow the suspect is a woman...

Police release sketch, description of suspects in Lindsay Buziak killing

A year after fatal stabbing, investigators reveal details about couple, say real estate agent's boyfriend not a suspect

Saanich police released this sketch of a Caucasian woman, 35 to 45 years old with short blond hair. She is considered a suspect in the Feb. 2, 2008, death of Lindsay Buziak.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/bc/Police+release+sketch+description+suspects+Lindsay+Buziak+killing/1248923/story.html

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 01:32:41 AM »
Police seek two suspects in stabbing death of Saanich realtor
Last Updated: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 | 2:43 PM PT Comments11Recommend36CBC News
Saanich police have released descriptions of two suspects a year after a young realtor was stabbed to death in an empty Saanich home.

Police said they are looking for a man and a woman who met Lindsay Buziak, 24, at the home in the upscale neighbourhood of Gordon Head.

They also revealed that Buziak's body was found by her boyfriend on Feb. 2, 2008, in the empty home on the 1700 block of De Sousa Place but said he is not one of the suspects.

"We know she was lured to the home on De Sousa Place by a woman caller," Saanich police said in a statement released on Tuesday. "We know that a man and woman met her at the home."

The man is described as Caucasian, approximately six feet tall with a medium build and brown hair. At the time, he was well dressed and wearing a light brown jacket.

The woman is described as Caucasian, between 35 and 40 years old, with short blond hair. At the time she well dressed, wearing a short black skirt or dress, with red and white accent stripes.

Sgt. John Price said police had the descriptions several months ago, but they didn't release them until a year to the day after the death in order to maximize media exposure.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/02/03/bc-lindsay-buziak-suspects.html

victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 01:38:14 AM »
Thank you edsonmom! You're fast!  ;D

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 01:43:30 AM »
LOL your welcome.. ;D
This is a very sad case..I really feel for her family..I can understand why her father is so upset, that there has not been an arrest made in this case..Why did it take so long for the sketch of the woman to be released, and did they ever release one of the man they suspect??

victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 01:46:26 AM »
LOL your welcome.. ;D
This is a very sad case..I really feel for her family..I can understand why her father is so upset, that there has not been an arrest made in this case..Why did it take so long for the sketch of the woman to be released, and did they ever release one of the man they suspect??
I don't recall any sketch of the male. I do know there was much criticism of the female sketch.

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 01:57:01 AM »
Why has there not been a sketch of the man released?? they also mention that a sketch of the skirt the woman suspect was wearing was released, but I can not find it..I am so confused as to why they waited a year to release this sketch..
Sgt. John Price said police had the descriptions several months ago, but they didn't release them until a year to the day after the death in order to maximize media exposure.
this does not make sense..why would they not want them released as soon as they had them. I think the media exposure would have been the same..

victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 02:04:44 AM »
Why has there not been a sketch of the man released?? they also mention that a sketch of the skirt the woman suspect was wearing was released, but I can not find it..I am so confused as to why they waited a year to release this sketch..
this does not make sense..why would they not want them released as soon as they had them. I think the media exposure would have been the same..
I do not know. Myself and many others asked the same and feel the same as you.
I could not imagine the torment her family is going through. I also don't know what it would feel like being a police force not being able to find that hidden clue to resolve this.

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 02:30:54 AM »
I was just rereading the first one I posted, it is so sad, that she had a feeling, that the situation did not feel right to her, and she went anyways...Was it her boyfriend & the other real estate friend, that made the two 911 calls? it seems strange, that one call came from outside, saying to check on her, and moments later the other one was from in the house, saying they needed medical help..How did they get the descriptions of the suspects? The dad id right, someone knows something about this, and they are just not coming forward..I agree, this must be very hard for this family, and yes, even for the police, but like the dad says, he feels they know what happened, and just need to find all the missing pieces. I hope they get closure to this soon. Maybe with the sketches being released now, they will get the answers they need.

victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 02:52:25 AM »
I was just rereading the first one I posted, it is so sad, that she had a feeling, that the situation did not feel right to her, and she went anyways...Was it her boyfriend & the other real estate friend, that made the two 911 calls? it seems strange, that one call came from outside, saying to check on her, and moments later the other one was from in the house, saying they needed medical help..How did they get the descriptions of the suspects? The dad id right, someone knows something about this, and they are just not coming forward..I agree, this must be very hard for this family, and yes, even for the police, but like the dad says, he feels they know what happened, and just need to find all the missing pieces. I hope they get closure to this soon. Maybe with the sketches being released now, they will get the answers they need.
Yes, how we should trust our gut but ignore it so often. Especially as women.  :(
I believe it was her boyfriend and his friend that made the two calls. Both were interviewed quite extensively.
I can only speculate the eye witness(es) would have been neighbours?

victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 03:04:36 AM »
Well it sounds like they are getting more tips since the release.. that is good.. Victorian you mentioned that there was criticism of the female sketch. can I ask what it was about?

The criticism came from the quality of the sketch. It was seen as amateur. Are anyone's features really shaped that way?
I saw a post somewhere by an artist that looked very real when put into proper graphic dimensions. Guess that was never pursued.  ???

victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 09:43:34 AM »
so this case is about as creepy as it comes. and i can see why the sketch was criticized, it does look amateurish and a side pose??

anyway. from what i've read in the updates they have cleared the boyfriend and do not think Lindsay was targeted because she was a realtor...which sounds a lot likely saying Lindsay was killed because this couple wanted to kill Lindsay...I've read no mention of sexual assault.

any chatter outside of media reports, victorian? did the young woman have anything resembling a sketchy past? sure doesn't seem like it from the write-ups.
No nothing sketchy about her from anything I've come across. She seemed a very responsible successful popular young lady. It's a complete mystery, and must be agonizing for the family.