Author Topic: Lisa Leckie, 25 years, March 24, 2009  (Read 21343 times)

sl2013

• View Profile
Re: Lisa Leckie, 25 years, March 24, 2009
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 08:53:03 PM »
Almost never online gamed, never knew of the neighbor troubles (of which she had few), no drugs, tended VERY often to lock (I would visit, go to get something and she gave me a key), ex was not jealous, did I miss anything? Oh, only good friends, family, neighbors, and God knew her habits.

EDIT: Dereck and Lisa both used FB but only Dereck played World of Warcraft. He's really into that stuff (but has obviously moved on, he's not addicted).

EDIT 2: She was a stay-home mom. It is true 390 SD isn't great on security. I'm suprised they didn't buff it up after this. 1/6 times the door wouldn't even close all the way.  ???
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:27:33 AM by sl2013 »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »
Very disturbing that police would tell the public not to worry about a killer at large and pubic safety and yet make no arrest in 4.5 years ! Doesn't add up. When police say that we can only assume they thought it was an "inside job". What else can they possibly mean?

sl2013

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 09:39:27 AM »
None of the links work with still photos of the witness.  Is there any way another picture can be provided?  This witness needs to be found.  That is a pretty big guy:  5'10" and 200 lbs. 
Do the Cops figure he got in through the apartment door?  It was a third floor apartment, correct?  Is it possible to do it easily?  Some Perps can do it with Credit Cards.  If this murder happened in the middle of the night and hubby was working....it is hard to believe that Lisa would answer the door UNLess she knew the person. 
 The police said If they had public concerns they would have released them, which points me in the direction of looking for someone who targeted Lisa.  Someone who knew her live-in was working nights and she'd be alone.
But Why?

Here's the link I found: http://www.easy101.com/news/latest/2507-lisa-leckie-murder-investigation.html

mysisterskeeper

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »
Ummm kinda awkward to mention but your Lisas friend?! Are you kidding me? IF You were MY sisters friend, why is it awkward??!!! Derek is an amazing man, and he would have NEVER ever brought harm to Lisa. She was not a drug addict and she did not speak nor associate with a dangerous crowd. She was an amazing woman my best friend as I grew up. Lisa was my hero growing up, for the first 17 years of my life she was my biggest support. She was loving, caring smart a devoted mother and always smiling!!!! Who ever killed my sister shouldn't be on this planet they don't deserve to be, because of how purely evil they are Lisa is gone forever!! How will her babies feel?? Growing up without their mommy?? Lisas life was stolen from them and everyone else!! Almost five years and no answers, no anything!  And here's **** like this all over the Internet, our mom sees this stuff!! If everyone truly cares and wants to help, do something!! Don't just talk about her when you need something to do.... Share the video of the suspect here now there, bring up her memory help us fight against the fading memory. Lisa was a childhood cancer survivor, she never was a party girl, worked hard at all of her jobs, was a source of emotional support for all she crossed paths with. She deserved to LIVE. Please remember people, the family of the political discussed on line might stumble upon these posts, and they're hard to handle. My sister is gone.... With out rhyme or reason, yous can't solve it I understand but discussing it online here isn't helping, you want to help keep her memory alive and try to bring her killer to justice. Please share the video and pictures of the person wanted by the police to speak too, it might make a difference!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:34:48 PM by debbiec »

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 07:07:49 AM »
London Free Press video of man seen outside of Lisa's apartment building, 390 Southdale Rd., late at night on March 23/09.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/06/09/14318766.html

London Police Service media report.  No photo is attached to this report for some reason.

http://www.police.london.ca/Newsroom/PDFs/Leckie_Media_Release_5_09-31563.pdf

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »
The London Police need to get their asses in gear.  How many UNsolved is there in London?  Too many. 

Still no good pics of the suspect, but they need to look close to(Lisa's) home for him.   Possibly someone who is a Peeping Tom (although the news releases do not say sexual assault). 
I realize Lisa was on the third floor, but he still may have noticed her in the past, and watched.

Perhaps, mysisterskeeper, you could add some links?  The video didn't work, but thanks, Have Faith.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 07:30:03 AM »
Jobo--the video works for me.  Anybody else have problems with it?

SAP

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 11:20:42 AM »
I found the video takes awhile to begin but it does eventually. Unless the dress and walk remind someone of who this person could be, it's like a needle in a haystack search. He could be any male between late teens to 20's or 30's, yet could it be impossible the man didn't see this video? I am astounded that an innocent person would see this and not contact police just to put the theory to rest even. On the other hand, he doesn't walk like a person who just committed a heinous crime, either.  :(

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »
I noticed his walk as well SAP. He is walking steadily, does not appear to be in any hurry.  Does he have earphones on his head?  Since this is in black and white, it is difficult to tell, but I think this person is brown skinned.

Cops do this all the time.  Holding back from the public, until a year or two has elapsed, then desperation on their part sets in.  By doing this, people's memories fade, people move away - etc.

They give the usual reason "This is an ongoing investigation, and we must protect it's integrity.  At times, the integrity is so protected, that it goes unsolved.
Four years and nothing!!

I think they are barking up the wrong tree, with this video. 
Probably just an ordinary passerby, who wouldn't even recognize himself in this video.

jb

SAP

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
Could just be a passer by JB. However perhaps he was seen exiting the apartment building and may possibly have heard unusual noises or a struggle, but like you say, we won't hear that.
I know I could not be certain of anyone as he shows in the video in black and white. I can't even distinguish color of skin. I think the only way a person could saunter so casually if they committed a crime would be if they were a career criminal imo.
I believe that they need new eyes to look at the evidence collected in the apartment and the autopsy reports etc. Something hit me from what Bestcho said in another thread. "Don't go looking for something specific, rather let the eivdence there lead you". I have to wonder what police thought as soon as they saw Lisa ... were their first thoughts on those closest to her? If so, tunnel vision already set in imo. I know family may want to have the same LE officers they are used to in most cases, however I am beginning to think b/c of all the failures to convict, that new eyes on the scene would be a greater benefit to the case. Just my humble opinion of course.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »
I've always wondered if this was a case of either someone going to the wrong apartment with an issue or looking for a previous tenant. Turn over in most apartments is pretty rapid so could the killer have been looking for someone else and didn't want to be identified? Similar to when Charles Manson sent his followers to Sharon Tate's home because it had been where he thought Terry Melcher lived. I wonder if the police contacted any former renters?

SAP

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
Chickapey, I like that idea. I hope police did do just that for the reasons you stated. There are examples of people getting the wrong house/apt ... a case in Sask comes to mind where a young Phillipina mom was shot as she answered a knock on the door. The assailants went to the wrong house, meanwhile the mom's relatives had to beat down stories that she was somehow involved in drug dealing until the suspects were caught and the truth was known. Just an example how fast things can go south.

Imo it's worth a shot to talk to the police. Most landlords would still have some records of their renters I would hope.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »
Just an idea. Anything is a possibility. Wrong floor, wrong apartment, tenants moved out. Once whoever it was knocked on the door and she saw them, she could identify them.
From anything I've heard about her, she was a wonderful person and if the police start focusing on where she was living or anyone who happened to have a "high risk lifestyle" (although she didn't)  don't think they focus quite as hard. It's too bad after a certain amount of time or in some circumstances they can't be either legislated to get help from RCMP or FBI or use them as a resource.

SAP

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 05:48:13 PM »
I am under the impression that business records are kept or should be kept for a 5 yr period in case of audit of the business by government. So that's why I think police could still access records of previous tenants in that building. There's less than a year left if the apt owner still has the records, that polce could access and look into backgrounds of persons who lived there before.

Chickapey, even a thought is valid.  :)

me

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »
7 years records mandatory for Revenue Canada unless you seek permission to destroy early.  That being said, lots of businesses don't bother, gambling on the fact that Rev Can can't audit everyone.