Author Topic: FOUND - Penny Warne - 57 - Missing - Feb 11, 2009 - Wasaga Beach  (Read 182587 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: FOUND - Penny Warne - 57 - Missing - Feb 11, 2009 - Wasaga Beach
« Reply #390 on: November 20, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »
Coral, I believe the above refers to another case/suspect which a few posters feel a simlar mo could have occurred with Penny if, it is possible, she left her apartment to go to the mailboxes or a nearby store, after arriving from work that night

Penny's car was found at her home, presumably unmoved; her last known whereabouts so far, was her apartment - from where she went missing.  It has always been our belief that her car wasn't touched that night.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2012, 09:42:58 PM »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 21, 2012, 01:17:28 AM »
re: the car-
Regarding Penny. She was last seen at work, in the parking lot of her job. From what I understand she left work around 10 p.m. Her car wouldn't work. Some good samaritans helped her out, four guys shopping at the store she worked. They have been cleared from what I understand. Longstanding residents of the area with good upstanding reputations. Fully cooperative.

I would believe the residents but would also ask what was the original problem with the car that they were able to fix? Was her car having regular troubles? Was the problem something that could have been caused by human interference? A coil wire pulled off or?

re: The quote reported by the survivor..
Why was he looking for a trail off the road, and why would he say she would be staying with him for a while? The two statements don't make sense together.

The statements could make sense but maybe only in the warped intent of some perverted perp. Staying with him could be like taking a soul by watching a victim slip away while staring into their eyes giving the perp that feel of togetherness forever. Hence the need a private place to complete the act. 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 21, 2012, 04:39:13 PM »
I don't have final confirmation on what was wrong with the car, other than something I believe a jump and a couple guys under the hood figured out. It is not easy getting any information from those that can confirm definitively. (sigh)

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 21, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
I know, it is hard to get the straight facts after so long and even harder to know what to make of them even if known. A bad battery connection would be an easy fix as would be a loose connection. It can be just as easily accidental as deliberately caused. It means nothing if that simple. Any number of people could have seen that trouble going on and someone not involved maybe even followed her. The predator types watch for those situations. The best one could have hoped for from knowing if this older man was involved would be not having to seach far off any road. But, it seems there is no readily apparent connection. sigh 2

Coral

« Reply #395 on: November 23, 2012, 04:24:28 PM »
Is there any chance someone meddled with Penny's car, in hopes it would break down on her way home and they could offer help or a ride?  Then, when that didn't work, they just went to her home and took her.  I'm hoping it was just a genuine car issue, cold weather, a battery that wouldn't start, etc.  But what if it wasn't?  What if it was intentionally done?  It may be too late now, I don't know where the car is. Hindsight is always 20/20.  I wonder if prints were left on her car.  I wonder if Walmart keeps surveillance videos from that far back?  Would they have video surveillance of the parking lot and Penny's car. What if they do...What if they saw someone touching her car. This may be nothing, but if Walmart does keep those surveillance tapes, it may be something worth looking into.

Coral

« Reply #396 on: November 23, 2012, 04:27:03 PM »
People are thinking. We will not give up.  Penny is not forgotten. If someone out there has her, let her go. She needs to be home with her family for Christmas. You will be found, and the penalty will be less harsh if you let her go now. 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 23, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »
Thank you guys, your thoughts mean a lot. I believe the OPP was on top of the Walmart parking lot issue. That would have been an easy one. They had a really dedicated detective on the case and many people looking into what details they could discover. His heart was in the right place. I can't help but believe that Penny missing would still bother him. It must be hard to be assigned a case that isn't solved, especially when family so deeply need to know she is not suffering.

Coral, I was thinking the same line as you were this week. I just can't apologize to Penny enough for not being able to find her.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 23, 2012, 10:08:20 PM »
Tis the season where reality also sets in, forgive thine self. We all feel like that in lui of resolution to each in turn for our's. If Penny could see and Penny could say, and one could hear.... The bells, the bells ring not for what you accomplished but for what you attempted. We all saw, we all know, you have nothing to apologize for concerned. .... Tis the season... There will be more, there will come another day..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:58:23 AM by D1 »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 24, 2012, 06:33:30 AM »
I heard last night that the abduction I posted about in Reply #380 WAS A HOAX.  It never happened. Apparantly the fact it was a hoax was on the news.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 24, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »
wow. A hoax. Do they even know the extent of how "not" funny that is?

You are right D1. To tomorrow. ty

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2013, 09:03:20 AM »
It is hard to believe four years have passed. I would love to go back to four years ago today. Penny would be carrying on her normal routine, cleaning, relaxing, going to work, talking to friends and family. She would be asking work if they had any more room on the work schedule as she was trying to save up to buy a dress for her daughter's upcoming wedding.  She spent the most time alone with her dog and a few good friends. Family didn't live that close by. She wasn't a risk, didn't have a risk lifestyle, wasn't rich, in fact bought her prescriptions half at a time, budgeting from paycheck to paycheck. She didn't do illegal drugs, prostitute, or really do much other than mind her own business. She was lonely at this point in her life.

What I would give to talk to her again. To see her eyes glow and her smirk as she endearingly teased. Just to hug her again. She's the type of quiet pretty. Genuine. Shy, until she knew you. But still quiet, at times, often bashfully looking down. I wonder what she would talk about. How lonely the  house was now that the other residents had moved out? Wonder why so many left in a short period of time? What was her landlord like lately? Did he have contractors in and out of the unit fixing things up and knowing she was the lone basement occupant? What would their background checks show?

Maybe she would tell how her friends wanted her to meet someone so she wouldn't be lonely any more and how they had a wine dinner party to get her to feel less self-conscious about taking her picture for the profile pic on POF. They taught her how to use the computer for more than sending jokes and emails, but corresponding and being cautious. Would she tell me what dating was like off the internet now that she met one guy for coffee in town--boy how things have changed, she would say. What was he like? Did she like him? Feel uncomfortable? Did he have any quirks? What did they talk about? Do?

She was thinking of selling some of her items to get a little cash for the wedding and shower. Had she talked to anyone about that? Did anyone stop by to see the items?

Perhaps she could tell us of any contractors that came by, when the snow was last plowed and garbage picked up. What would their background checks show? Did the landlord have any contractors painting or fixing up the house rentals after all had moved?  Was there any strange cars driving around with what seemed like 20 to 80 year old man or men trying to pick her up as she walked? Were snowmobiliers getting too close on the property? Did she know these individuals? Church was around the corner on a path she walked daily and they had mass during the week and weekends -- did anyone see her? Did any parishoners notice someone talking to her on the side of the road? Did she talk to any of the parishoners? What are her neighbors up to lately? Are they nice? Did any stop by from time to time to talk? How's her car doing--any problems? If so, who worked on it?

Wonder if anything happened out of the ordinary? If any neighborhood problems? If someone was hanging around work in strange or awkward ways? Were there known "charachters" in town that made her feel unsafe? If any work contractors are of questionable concern? If some past "date" she turned down had a grudge or control nature, especially with Valentines Day around the corner and the fact that she had recently met someone that seemed to interest her. 

I wonder if she would talk about the annual snowfest that was happening where snowmobilers would come into town for nearly a month and if she had come across any while she walked the dog for potty, to get her mail across the road, or as she wandered down by the beach she walked daily? Struck up any conversations? They would still be in town until the week she went missing. Would any of them on the way out of town see her and decide on a whim that she was fair game?

I wonder if she noticed any problems along the waterfront as she was a regular walker (with her dog) and she would notice things were out of the ordinary, especially since the odd fire that had burned down most of the local Wasaga beach businesses at the time a business investor was trying to gain town approval to develop the strip. I wonder if it concerned her that the OPP were conducting many raids on local area businesses (brothals) that put a town business in jeopardy or the big hit that garnered over 20 arrests for sex with minors. Was there any rumors of retaliation coming down the pike as if to say, you (OPP) infringe on us, we'll keep you busy with a local woman going missing...

Looking back, these are the conversations I would have liked to have.

She would probably express her concerns about the river water level rising, would it come up to the bottom of her door while she was at work? Maybe she would talk about some walk or trip to the town store she made with her dog. I would wonder how she is feeling? Headaches? Any health problems lately? She would definitely talk about her children and what they were up to and how happy she was about how nice their lives were going. She would say she missed them being around. They were her whole world.

...and then, I would get the chance to tell her--if only I had the chance one more time, and perhaps for the whole family and all of her friends--how much she is incredibly loved.

If... only...

If you knew Penny and have any of these details, please contact me through this site. We are trying to piece together details before they are forgotten in every one's memory. Four years is a long time, and way too long to be missing without any details.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:20:13 AM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 03, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »
If anyone has seen Penny Warne, please contact the Ontario Provincial Police - Huronia West Detachment at 1-705-429-3575.

In the attached pictures you will see that she has beautiful eyes, a distinctive button nose, a long forehead, naturally blond hair usually parted in the middle, a distinctive smile, or pursed lips. You can see her hair straight, with curls, or feathered, but usually shoulder length. She has an average build. She has wire-framed glasses she uses to read. The pictures show her with a smile and without a smile. With make-up and without make-up.

See pictures below. If anyone has seen Penny Warne, or someone that looks strikingly similar, or perhaps you know something--anything--please call OPP. Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:33:41 AM by Concerned »

SAP

« Reply #403 on: February 03, 2013, 12:20:26 PM »
I really wish people wouldn't hold back things/info they might think is irrelevant. Recently I watched a "missing" episode in which several people knew about a non-suspects deep dark side but didn't connect him with the murdered victim. Had they let go of what details they knew, police likely would have made that connection immediately. It took 26 years and a call from a person who believed the non-suspect was the murderer and that started the ball rolling again in a cold case. Following that, other persons remembered little details and one remembered a confession she didn't take seriously 25 years before ... the end of the story was a conviction.

Concerned, I wish there was some way all the people of the area could be questioned once again, even the parishioners from the local church. Perhaps they may have little bits of info they too didn't think was relevant.
It would have been in order that the 80 some year old was questioned more harshly and perhaps even his residence investigated.
Construction workers in the area ... some of these tend to be transient. Were they investigated? Did their boss remember some minute details about them that made him wonder about their mentality?

My thoughts linger on the snowmobilers and other sportspeople that were in the area at the time and also the date from POF. Many of those people who took part in the winter festivities likely come back every year. Where else do they partake in winter activities and did people go missing from those areas as well? 

Penny seems to be the type of person that anyone would be happy to have as a friend. I so hope your family will have some answers soon.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 03, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »
SAP I would sure hope anyone would feel comfortable coming forward with details of conversation and possibly emails. I think people are afraid to get involved, but like you said, it could make a world of difference on whether the person continues to do nasty things, or whether a person can be found, or others get harmed. We all have to just ask...if it were us, would our families appreciate the info?

I've wondered about the two Toronto boys that were caught picking the girl up in Wasaga when on a day ride. The 80 year old menace to society that has 100 lives. The other women attacked in their home (i.e., Alexandra, Sonia, the bodies found in Caledon, the woman attacked in her studio in Orangeville, Cindy Halliday, April Dobson, Joyce Burns, Kathleen Sanderson, Audrey Gleave, Leah Sousa...and yes, even the RW house break-ins... can any of these be linked). I even wondered if someone like Rafferty who didn't have a preference of the amount, quality, quantity age of the women he found on dating sites could be somehow connected.  Is someone traveling around watching and abducting? Have they checked out all those that have since been caught, or had earlier records?

Then I wonder how some could go missing and never be found. What do authorities know about that type of scenario... Did they check the retail store customers to see who may have been in town, who may have talked to her...  These are the types that see an opportunity walking along the road, or at work and watch them leave.... perhaps tamper with their car? Wait for her to walk home?

I think it would be extremely helpful if I could talk to those that knew Penny and had talked to her. Something was bound to stand out.