Author Topic: FOUND - Penny Warne - 57 - Missing - Feb 11, 2009 - Wasaga Beach  (Read 176189 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: FOUND - Penny Warne - 57 - Missing - Feb 11, 2009 - Wasaga Beach
« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »
From the articles I read today C; it would appear that LE is very suspicious that the Asian community knows full well what happened to this young woman.  Bless her heart... how could they throw her away like dirt and leave her there for so long.  If others in her circle are aware, then somebody should have found her long ago.  I hope whoever did this to her will rot themselves..... as well as those who played deaf and dump!!!! >:(

On a different note, each time this situation repeats itself - another woman's body discovered, we all wonder if it's Penny... and we all feel the worry of what you and the family are going through.  Then in the back of our minds, we feel a quick relief when it's not Penny - half hoping she's alive, half wishing that if she is "gone", she would be found - ...and then there's the lasting ache in our hearts to know another precious woman was murdered needlessly .... coldheartedly!  And then there's the little girls case in court ... which I choose to not follow, but wait to hear the sentence passed down.  It never ends as long as there are "human savages" among us.  ....most of who don't even deserve the court's time... but the big guys have to make their salary.  I just think some of them should be  thrown to a crowd of parents/family and the authorities look the other way. 

I for one, have faced the fact that spending almost half my daily hours at these cases, has taken its "pounds of flesh".  Thus I am following very few cases for now until such time as I can sleep at night; then, I will be at it again with a vengeance. 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 13, 2012, 05:20:13 AM »
Lost, you've put so much heart into so many cases and something tells me that it all comes from having gone through this madness personally, and knowing at times people need help, especially when they aren't strong enough themselves from the wait, the unknown, the worry, injustice, and sad realizations. I get that. You put so much thought and hours into research and thought. We thank you for that.

I get what you are saying, too. This particular February human remains find took its toll on me, I have to admit. It is one thing to have hope, to think misadventure, but it is a different ball game when skulls are the only body parts found. It means this travesty doesn't end. It is a life changer to have to think your family might have to sustain that kind of pain and the tenacity to forge ahead to pursue justice. Even after three years of searching, and "getting hardened" if you will. To think you've done this for over 22 years. I don't know how. Things we have to do to keep searching with our eyes and minds open to all possibilities, not only for our own cases, but for the many others we are now aware of. But, like you, I think I too have to take a step back. Find a way to do things differently. It's not easy, is it?

You deserve some joy. Now, how do we find that going through what we do? No easy answers. I hope you know your support and caring have brought many through some real tough times. Thank you.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »
Penny, we love you. We miss you. We have not stopped (will not stop) looking for you. I'm so sorry we haven't been able to find you. There's just got to be a way. Somehow.

SAP

« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
These threads for missing persons are really very heartbreaking, especially after we get to know how wonderful the missing person is, as we did here with Penny and also Curtis, among the many others. :'(
I think pretty well every scenario possible has been presented here. Is there info you think police are withholding from  your family Concerned?

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »
SAP, I'm sure if they knew where she was they would love to make that phone call back to us. I can't speak for them but it has to be hard to be on a case, and talk to family continually having to say they have no new leads. They can guarantee you that they followup on all new leads when they get them. And, most importantly they can assure you that they have not closed the file--something that would be just devastating to the family. I'm sure beyond that they have to keep certain things close to their vest. Or at least we hope there is something we don't know because, after all, we have no clue.

Every once in a while I type messages to Penny just hoping that if she can she would know there are  thousands of things we would want to say to her. Mostly, 'come home, we'll take it from there...together.' But, something tells me that if she could have, she would have made it home. I don't want to know if she passed, truth be told, but its even harder wondering every day if she needs to be found.

My current lead came when Lost suggested we take a walk on Google Earth maps for another case, and after I did I wandered over to Penny's house again, and low and behold there is a sign across the street from her driveway for a Roman Catholic Church, and they post services during the week. I just wonder if anyone from the congregation recalls seeing Penny walk her dog to the beach, particularly in the days when she was missing. Did they see anything? Was anyone walking with her? Did they remember a dog wandering around with her, or alone?  The Google Earth map is dated September 2009, but the sign looks like it was there for a while. (I have the pic, but it isn't loading correctly. I'll keep trying)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:51:38 PM by Concerned »

SAP

« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »
It would be worth a try to speak with the Priest and/or congregation from the church. Perhaps a new poster, having a pic of Penny and her dog on it and information of when she went missing. I would hope that the perishners didn't miss anything at the time and would have given police what info they had (if they did) however the fact is that a lot of people just don't follow the news media either and many don't pay attention to the crimes in the area. If they were to be reminded and asked to come forward with anything, no matter how small a detail they may think it is, as we all know it is sometimes the little details that make the puzzles fit.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
concerned that is a good idea to follow up on.  Worth a try at the very least.  and worth mentioning to the police I would say

Coral

« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2012, 12:48:43 PM »
I find it hard to accept that Penny could just drop off the face of the earth without a trace.  There has to be something there, staring us in the face that we are missing, that we don't see as relevant.  I wonder if someone close to her, who knows how she thinks, could spend "a day in the life of Penny", retrace her footsteps as close as possible, and think, what would she being doing now, what would she do if...
For example, I recall reading that there were wine glasses found in her home.  It's been a while since I read the thread, so I don't recall if it was believed that she had been drinking.  If Penny had a drink of wine, would she be more uninhibited, would she have been a bit more brave and step on the thin ice on the river to try and retrieve her dog?  If she smoked, would she have walked to the local store to buy more cigarettes, instead of driving, due to her alcohol consumption?  Would she let herself run out of cigarettes?  Would she have borrowed a smoke from a neighbour? Should we be looking for her elsewhere???
 These are just some minor details, not necessarily accurate, but if someone who knows her well could retrace her steps, and think like she would be thinking, they might stumble upon a missed clue or new scenario.
I recall reading that only an older housecoat was missing.  Maybe she threw it out but didn't tell anyone.  Maybe she was wearing something new that her family didn't know she had, and wouldn't know is missing. Maybe she had a new outfit that she planned to wear for her upcoming date? Only someone who knew her well would know if she would buy something new to wear for a date.
Evidently, what we know so far, and the way that this case is being dealt with, isn't working. I'm not saying that anyone is being negligent or not doing their job.  It sounds like everything that can be done, is being done, but it just is not enough.  Penny has not been found.  Something new, something different has to be done.  I am not an expert, and I don't know what needs to be changed.  However, I do think it needs to be approached differently, looked at in another angle or with fresh eyes, to get results.

soccermom

« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2012, 12:05:11 AM »
Hi all --
I'm so sorry that I haven't kept up with Penny's thread. I have read sporadically, and am not sure I can keep up. I hope noone minds, but: would someone be willing to give a little update here on the "internet date" Penny was supposed to have/have had? Was LE ever able to comfirm/identify, and was that not a good lead? Apologies that I don't have anything to add, only to ask.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2012, 05:14:17 AM »
Coral, you have some very good ideas. I've tried so many times to think from square one and question everything. Sometimes I think when someone means so much to me, like Penny does, that I can't be as objective as I could looking at a case without any attachments. To me, though, like you say, the door is open all ideas are welcome. I too think it is going to be something that is right in front of us somehow...because she has a simple life. Get up, relax, clean, go to work, come home relax, sleep. So how can it be some outrageous strange thing. But, then again on these threads it never ceases to amaze me.

Soccermom, the internet date was someone new in her life. She had only been on a couple dates. They were to go on one to celebrate Valentines, but early since Penny would be working on that day. So they chose a week day. Why he had off from work, I don't know. He says she never answered the door from what I've been told from the grapevine, but I have no official word from authorities. From what I'm told the OPP have questioned him. And, from the looks of it I guess they didn't find anything that they could charge him with. But they tend to keep some things closed to family and the public. I do not have his name or know much at all about him, unfortunately.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:31:28 PM by Concerned »

soccermom

« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
Thanks Concerned. I think that's more than enough info for me ... that police could locate the date and (hopefully) rule him out as a suspect. I don't really have anything to offer, other than fervent hope that there can be some (good?) news for the family, soon. I wish I had some insights to share.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 21, 2012, 04:39:08 AM »
Thanks soccermom. I don't know if they officially ruled him out. I know the whole disappearance is still an open case. Your concern is muchly appreciated. This is sooo frustrating for us. I can't even imagine what it has been for her.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:38 AM »
Concerned just wanted to share this with you.  I woke up this morning with the distinct feeling that Penny will be found quite soon.  I sure hope so for all the family and friends and of course her sake.  This is a nightmare for all no doubt.  Thoughts are still with you.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 21, 2012, 08:16:23 PM »
Eyes.....if only (so many wishes)

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »
I surfed through the first 6 pages of Penny's thread and did not come across a pic. of Penny. Could someone let me know where there is a pic. of her.??? Thanks.  Maybe I missed it.!???