Author Topic: FOUND - Penny Warne - 57 - Missing - Feb 11, 2009 - Wasaga Beach  (Read 177376 times)

Im_new_here2

Re: FOUND - Penny Warne - 57 - Missing - Feb 11, 2009 - Wasaga Beach
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »
This case I know some what on a personal level just because i live 15 minutes away ..have not heard a thing about it in a long while .Very sad.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
Another local woman goes missing last Thursday from her home, with her car, her purse, wallet and identification still at her house--Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd, 27, Belleville/Kingston area.  It is rumored she also recently went on an internet date with a man with many names who presented himself on social networking sites for dates, or handyman jobs. Many prayers for her, her family, and friends.

Her story:
http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/758276--volunteers-search-for-missing-belleville-woman
Volunteers search for missing Belleville woman
Published On Sat Jan 30 2010

A social site from various woman that have come in contact with a guy they believe she dated:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=117599981011&ref=share
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=share&gid=117599981011

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 04:54:40 PM »
Well at least there is a picture of this person on here, if he is a suspect in any of these cases. It is something to go on, if they can find him. ??? ??? ??? ???

Im_new_here2

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »
wow u know what this guy sounds like he could be the one i hope they look in to him and if he had any connection here..trenton is a little furthur but base bordon is litterally 20 minutes away and surely this williams spent time on that vase as well...

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 06:17:47 AM »
Dear Penny, One year ago, today, you were last reported seen by a co-worker. I've tried may times to sit down and write to you just in case you are able to see this, one day. Just in case words can make a difference. Just in case you need to know, we care and many are always hoping and wishing, and yes, always praying that we will find you. We will never give up looking. But words don't come easy. What can I say if it's the only words you may possibly find? Are you still with us? Do you need us? Where can we find you? We need to find you.  Oh, we need to find you.

How do people just disappear? Why? We know you wouldn't go on your own. And, that's what makes this devastating. If it was an accident, we would have found you by now. And, that's what makes this devastating. It is so very hard to understand why someone would want to hurt you. Why someone would think hurting you is ok. Why would people do this? Why do they keep doing this? Why aren't they caught? Why can't we find you. You are such a kind and loving person. You made a hard-earned living, but you made it. You raised your children, and you did well. It was your time to be beautiful, to find joy, to enjoy life. Why can't you? You are very much loved. We are surrounded by many, many fun loving laughing caring warm kind and beautiful memories and is it selfish to want many more? I can't help but think you need us to find you, because if you could get to us, you would. And, you haven't. And, deep down, we know you would have never left on your own. And, that's what makes this devastating.

Dear Penny, I just wanted to say the world is not a better place without you in it. If there is a way to come home, come home. If there is a way to let us know how to find you, do it. You are loved, tremendously. You are missed, tremendously. We need to know if you are hurting, if you are ok, if you... we need to know.

I can only hope that where ever you are, God is with you helping you through. In his arms there has to be peace and love.

And, if Penny is not able to be with us. If someone out there knows why, please help us find her. It is so very cruel to go through the pain of missing someone you love. To watch those that are devastated by her disappearance. No words, just shear heartbreak. We need peace in knowing. Can someone just give us peace. When we find her, we will at least know.

And, if you are the one that hurt Penny, at least be humane and let us have what is left of her to love again.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »
The Barrie Examiner reported "No sign of missing woman a year later," a story on Penny Warne's disappearance. The story can be found at http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2446267 .

Police are hoping media coverage surrounding the anniversary will trigger someone's memory and possibly lead to new information.  "Especially if you knew her, there could be something that didn't seem to be of importance, but now, once a year has passed and you think about it again, it registers," Huronia West OPP Const. Mark Kinney said on Thursday.  The police further disclosed there has been no bank activity or any evidence to show she could be somewhere else.  The article reports that Det-Insp. Rene Bazinet, with the OPP's criminal investigations branch is leading the investigation. The article also stated that "Police insist it's not a cold case."

Huronia West OPP Const. Mark Kinney said, "We did get information from the public and we followed it up. We revisit areas of concern from time to time."

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »
My prayers to the family and friends of Jessica Lloyd as I sadly report that Ms. Lloyd, a person who went missing at the end of January 2010, in circumstances much like Penny's one year ago today has been found.  Ms. Lloyd was mentioned in a post above.  According to The Toronto Sun, Ms. Lloyd's body has been found and they have arrested a male suspect for the disappearance and the death of Ms. Lloyd. The story reported today at

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/02/08/12789471.html

said that there is a joint investigation that has led police to investigate "other incidents in (the) area...resulting in additional criminal charges. The police and deputy OPP commissioner Vince Hawkes and Belleville Chief Cory McMullan will hold a press conference at 1 p.m. Monday.  They haven't released the suspect information, but the story states the authorities were at the home of Russ Williams, a base commander at CFB Trenton since July 2009 and previously flew VIP Challenger aircraft for dignitaries like Canadian prime ministers and royalty.

The article also states that "The Ontario Provincial Police had been investigating whether Lloyd's disappearance might be connected to other crimes against women in the province."  In their Wednesday press release, the Belleville police warned "there is a safety concern for women living alone in the community, located west of Kingston, and urged them to take "extra precautions such as changing personal routines, securing premises and being in the company of others."

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:54:06 PM by Concerned »

Im_new_here2

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 11:50:37 PM »
Is anyone looking into weather or not this guy and penny maybe were talking on the computer...are they looking to see if he could be involved in her dissapearence thats what i would like to know...

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2010, 04:34:10 AM »
http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2446267

No sign of missing woman a year later
INVESTIGATION
Posted By RAYMOND BOWE
Posted 41 mins ago

Thursday marked the first anniversary of Penny Warne's disappearance, but extensive marine, air and land searches have turned up no clues.

The 57-year-old woman was last seen Feb. 11, 2009, at 10 p.m. leaving the Wasaga Beach Wal-Mart, where she was employed. She failed to show up for work the following day.
When friends and family checked Warne's home on Feb. 15, she was nowhere to be found, so police were called and she was reported missing.

Police hope media coverage surrounding the anniversary will trigger someone's memory and possibly lead to new information.

"Especially if you knew her, there could be something that didn't seem to be of importance, but now, once a year has passed and you think about it again, it registers," Huronia West OPP Const. Mark Kinney said on Thursday.

"We're not bringing a conclusion to this as fast as we'd like to," he added.

Police say the disappearance is out of character for Warne, mother of two
adult children, but there has been no bank activity or any evidence
to show she could be somewhere else.

Det.-Insp. Rene Bazinet, with the OPP's criminal investigations branch, is leading the investigation, but there is no information or evidence to suggest foul play.
"Our investigation is not giving us anything to indicate that," Kinney said. "For us to label it, without any solid basis, is just something we can't do."

Police insist it's not a cold case.

"I don't like to use that four-letter word (cold)," Kinney said. "We did get information from the public and we followed it up. We revisit areas of concern from time to time."

The search has yielded no clues, including multiple searches in and around the Nottawasaga River, which Warne's River Road West home backs onto.

"You don't wish anything negative,
but anything could happen," Kinney said. "At more than one point, we revisited the river."
The search, including OPP divers, has been extensive.

"When you're looking for an individual, you want to cover every possible avenue as quickly as possible," Kinney said. "You gather information that takes you on different courses. When you talk to people who knew her, then you get more information that will lead you somewhere else.
"We're going to re-look at things so we know we didn't miss anything."

Anyone with information can call Huronia West OPP at 705-429-3575.
rbowe@thebarrieexaminer.com
Article ID# 2446267

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 08:37:53 AM »
It's too bad there isn't any info from her computer...Perhaps she had her boots on 'cause she was fixing the dog's leash (rope?) outside..(I've done it many times myself, just put the boots on, no coat to untangle the rope, or to toss out the garbage) ..It is possible she fell through the ice.
We need to know what was found on the computer, especially if she was into the dating scene.. I see the authorities have done searches of the land and water, but what are they saying about the computer?
Edited  due to rereading my post and had to change my grammar, it was that bad...;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:08:12 AM by jobo »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 07:52:05 PM »
Now this is sad, and my thoughts are with the family of Ms. Smithson, with this very difficult news. 

I do have to wonder, though. How many women in Ontario go missing who have been suspected of "falling" into rivers? At the age of 50 it would seem to me that women would have acquired the ability to either stay away from "fast-moving" bodies of water, or know enough not to walk on the ice. It seems odd to me that so many are found in the water as if they didn't have common sense. Does this seem odd to anyone else?

Missing woman's body found

03/03/2010 4:29:55 PM

CBC News
Police in eastern Ontario have found the body of a missing woman who was suspected to have fallen into a fast-moving creek near her home in late January.

Tina Smithson, 51, a resident of Pakenham, a town west of Ottawa, had been missing since Jan. 26.

Police believed she fell through the ice on a creek close to her home. They spent several days searching the area, but were unable to find anything.

Officers in an Ontario Provincial Police helicopter located Smithson's body Wednesday.

A post-mortem will be conducted at The Ottawa Hospital.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »
Yes. :-\

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 07:57:49 PM »
I'd better clarify that last post...I meant Yes, it seems odd many women are found that way...

Sleuth

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2010, 09:10:16 PM »
RIP Penny.